2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand where the Nats are coming from in terms of trying to protect Strasburg's arm for the future...

But, really, are they going to just rip the ball from his hand and shut him down even if they're leading their division in a tight race over the Braves, and a playoff spot is on the line? Or, they win the division, get to the playoffs, and no Strasburg once they're there?

I mean, Gio, Zimmermann, and Jackson can still win some games in October. I would eat bricks if that rotation were good enough to make a deep playoff run.

spacer.png

I think the Nats are dumb if they dont let him pitch down the stretch they are on the verge of making the playoffs and in October Strasburgh can learn or win either way it will make him a better pitcher. Babying pitchers does not work see Joba Chamberlain.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Theyre using the same formula as they did with Jordan Zimmermann last year. Only difference? We werent in a pennant race. I support the Nats decision. Long term health of the pitcher is at stake. If they stay the course this wont be the only year theyll be in contention. Besides, Strasburg cant go past 6 innings anyway, and Lannan has been great when called upon.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Tigers pull off one of the best comebacks I've seen in a while. So to Cleveland, we're better than you, na-na na-na boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.

Plus they are tied for the Wild Card lead!

Tigers pull off one of the best comebacks I've seen in a while. So to Cleveland, we're better than you, na-na na-na boo-boo, stick your head in doo-doo.

Amazing, it took you until August to actually win a series against them. A team that has already given up on the season. Grow up.

Amazing, it took you until August to actually win a series against them. A team that has already given up on the season. Grow up.

Hey, I didn't mean to start a war here. Just having fun. I'm sure you can agree it was a great game even on your side.

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

How about both of you stop a-fussin' and a-feudin' and overtake the White Sox.

Maybe your Cubbies won't be useless when the Giants need them to beat the Dodgers! :P

SF needed the domination this weekend over the Rockies, but they still only have a razor thin lead over LA.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

The Cubs were playing adorably over their heads for a while before they white-flagged it at the deadline. This isn't even a AAA team now. Maybe now I can go to a game after Labor Day for five bucks and have a categorically miserable time.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Wait isn't this Irony? Telling someone else to grow up?

Thank God we have our resident Cleveland beat reporter to set the record straight on the :censored:ty Indians! B)

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Cubs were playing adorably over their heads for a while before they white-flagged it at the deadline. This isn't even a AAA team now. Maybe now I can go to a game after Labor Day for five bucks and have a categorically miserable time.

I liked going to a game in April where everyone in my section paid $7 at most for tickets. Then they start playing way better than they should during the summer when I'm actually in the Chicago area and will just have the AAA squad in action when I leave. Once the new feeling wears off of seeing Rizzo, Vitters, and Jackson playing together in Chicago rather than Des Moines you'll be able to grab tickets for five bucks again.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Dear Tigers,

Why didn't you do this to the Indians earlier in the year so ownership might have actually seen this wasn't a team that really stood a chance?

Signed,

Rational Cleveland Fan.

Like I said right after the deadline past the worst thing the Indians could do was nothing because they were doing in the first half with smoke and mirrors. Now the law of averages is beginning to come into play as it usually does in the second half and this is where you going to really start to see some separation between where the Tigers/White Sox are and where the Indians are talent wise.

I thought they should have been sellers if they weren't going to be huge buyers and if were the Indians GM anyone short of Michael Brantley, Asdrubal Cabrera, Jason Kipnis and Zach McAllister would have been available for the right price. As is they are a .500 team and pretty much everyone on the roster at the major league level is either at their peak or past it. That's a team that needs to be blown up.

I said before the series that I'd be happy with 2 out of 3 and a 4.5 game lead. That's what happened and it happened without the Reds' two best players and without throwing the best starting pitcher. A sweep would've been awesome, but there's nothing you can do about a pitcher like Burnett pitching the way he did yesterday. He's got a good argument for the NL Cy Young. Also, you can't complain about 22 wins in 26 games when it's the best streak the team's put together since the 1890's. I am very pleased with my team's performance over the weekend.

I'll tell you what though, the Pirates are a good team. Their place in the standings is not a fluke.

another thing: I don't know how much people outside Cincinnati heard about it, but Marty Brennaman said early this season he'd shave his head if the team won 10 straight games. When they won ten games he said he'd do it at home plate if they raised $20,000 for Reds community fund. They ended up raising $50,000, and Charlie Sheen of all people, who was in attendance for all 3 games, matched it. Pretty cool how an offhand comment turned into $100,000.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived