2012 MLB Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The narrator for the MLB on Fox commercials just sounds like a giant douche.

Unrelated to baseball, but every time Fox runs a spot for a new comedy, they should be forced to say: "From the network that cancelled Arrested Development..."

And not sure which team I want my Tigers to face. My head tells me Giants, my heart wants to see the Cards. We'll find out tomorrow.

Is Mike Aviles suddenly not a :censored:ty player? Losing Farrell AND giving up another player, only to get Mike Aviles in return? Blue Jays fans should be furious.

Mediocre manager and minor league bullpen arm for a serviceable middle infielder to replace the worst SS in the AL. I'm not angry at all.

1zqy8ok.gif

Is Mike Aviles suddenly not a :censored:ty player? Losing Farrell AND giving up another player, only to get Mike Aviles in return? Blue Jays fans should be furious.

AA is slowly losing his shine. If he doesn't improve this team, rather than just drafting and developing players, you just trade for more young crap. Then trade away stars for next to nothing, and trading your manager for a shortstop who probably won't amount to nothing. Yeah, I'm pessimistic, but I'm sick of everyone putting AA on pedestal he hasn't earned yet.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

AA is slowly losing his shine. If he doesn't improve this team, rather than just drafting and developing players, you just trade for more young crap. Then trade away stars for next to nothing, and trading your manager for a shortstop who probably won't amount to nothing. Yeah, I'm pessimistic, but I'm sick of everyone putting AA on pedestal he hasn't earned yet.

Hell, I'm sick of AA being put on a pedestal by White Sox fans. A few ardent statheads on Sox message boards have been cyber-fellating Anthropoulos for the last two years, saying he is far-and-away the best GM in baseball and will use his stat mastery to take over the world. I hadn't followed Yunel Escobard since the Jays acquired him, so I didn't realize he was a dissapointment. According to these people, he was one of the crowning jewels of the Anthropoulos empire.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Little something to chew on. If the Giants get past St. Louis it will be the first meeting ever between the Giants and Tigers in the World Series, despite both teams having a combined 28 World Series apperances prior to this year.

Discounting the Yankees no other AL/NL combo has more combined World Series apperances without playing each other.

If the Cardinals get past San Francisco though it would be the fourth time these two teams have met in the World Series. This would tie the A's/Giants and the Tigers/Cubs for the most frequent World Series matchup not involving the Yankees.

I remember the Mets traded Marco Scutaro to get Art Howe to replace Bobby V., yeah that one worked out.

Hahaha Art Howe wasn't even allowed to take a leak unless he got a phone call from Billy Beane first; what the hell made the Mets think he was anything but utterly fungible?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I remember the Mets traded Marco Scutaro to get Art Howe to replace Bobby V., yeah that one worked out.

Hahaha Art Howe wasn't even allowed to take a leak unless he got a phone call from Billy Beane first; what the hell made the Mets think he was anything but utterly fungible?

Art Howe managed Scutaro on the 2003 Mets. The Mets didn't give up any player for Howe, the A's were just happy to get rid of him. They lost Scutaro on waivers after the 2003 season.

That's what I thought at the time - they were eager for the Mets to take him out of their clubhouse.

Archived