2012 NFL Draft Cap

mightynine

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Getting back to the topic of the NFL and New Era... are there any plans for New Era to bring back the old baseball-style monogram caps?

VDS2009zoom1.JPGVDS2044zoom1.JPGVDS2021zoom1.JPG

I had the Broncos hat. I loved it. It had a black bill though, which I thought was odd.

we should try and find all of those logos!

Here's the Broncos hat I had.

ecca4bb3.jpg

New Era also made monogram caps for the NHL (Penguins one is in this picture)...

126407.jpg

...and the NBA.

intage-Phoniex-Suns-59Fifty-fitted-baseball-cap.jpg

Maybe someone has the graphics for these? It would be awesome to have these on the Mothership even if they were only merchandise logos.

If anyone can point me in the way to buy the penguins one. I have a probably mid-1990's Orange Buccaneers old school logo, New era.

LEWJ, I did like this Sharktooth sytle too...

SanFrancisco49ERSSharkToothSnapbackHatRedA.jpg

but I liked these Zubaz style caps the best!

476907559_tp.jpg

I had both these hats when I was a kid.

I can't wait to see the New Era hats. I've been looking for a good 49ers hat for a while now because Reebok has just not made good hats lately.

I don't know if you are aware, but they have been making new hats with zubaz brims:

21-03631-Y.jpg

A guy at my school wears this one everyday.

Cool hat but I really hope he takes the sticker off.

87Redskins.png

Getting back to the topic of the NFL and New Era... are there any plans for New Era to bring back the old baseball-style monogram caps?

VDS2009zoom1.JPGVDS2044zoom1.JPGVDS2021zoom1.JPG

My guess would be no. Reebok tried to do team-specific monograms for last season, but the league said no because it didn't want to have to trademark all those monogram logos, or it didn't have enough time between then and the start of the season or something (This was winter 2009/10, to be used for the 2011 season).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

LEWJ, I did like this Sharktooth sytle too...

SanFrancisco49ERSSharkToothSnapbackHatRedA.jpg

but I liked these Zubaz style caps the best!

476907559_tp.jpg

I had both these hats when I was a kid.

I can't wait to see the New Era hats. I've been looking for a good 49ers hat for a while now because Reebok has just not made good hats lately.

I don't know if you are aware, but they have been making new hats with zubaz brims:

21-03631-Y.jpg

A guy at my school wears this one everyday.

Cool hat but I really hope he takes the sticker off.

Yes, and thank god that he does.

spacer.png

My guess would be no. Reebok tried to do team-specific monograms for last season, but the league said no because it didn't want to have to trademark all those monogram logos, or it didn't have enough time between then and the start of the season or something (This was winter 2009/10, to be used for the 2011 season).

That's weird, considering Adidas did it for the NBA last season.

67-47400-Y.jpg

p11569185dt.jpg

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't think it's that weird, considering the NBA and NFL are two completely different leagues.

And Nike, Reebok and Adidas are completely different companies.

nike and adidas are completely different companies...reebok is a subsidiary of adidas.

case in point...when adidas acquired reebok they immediately absorbed reebok's nba contract and rebranded all of the nba gear with adidas marks.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived