2012 NFL Draft Cap

mightynine

Just saw the Packers one.

packers-cap.jpg

Not a fan. At least it's not yellow, but still why couldn't they just use the logo.

there will definitely be plain logo hats available at some point...the goal of the draft caps is to be less traditional and conservative and to try to latch onto whatever the hat trend of the moment is.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

421026_10150735144839595_95501124594_11163039_917665897_n.jpg

I really like this...in this photo. Unfortunately, these aren't even photos of prototypes, probably. They're digital mockups, so what these caps actually end up looking like may be something fairly different. Deciding to make pewter the main color pleases me, so long as there's an attempt at making it look like pewter, not copping out into "Meh. Tan is close enough, right?" From the mockup, it looks like they're trying, especially with the semi-metallic sublimated logo. The red (not black!) outline also makes me happy, not only because I still don't think of black as a team color for the Bucs, but also because I think shades of brown + "frickin' red" look really nice together. Also, by virtue of their nearly square logo, this style works for the Bucs. It doesn't work so well for the team logos that are significantly wider than they are tall. If this hat is translated into a 39Thirty with a mid-to-low crown, I'll be getting it. If not, then it's just nice to look at.

So the team nickname/proper logo combination will be 39thirties? Interesting.

Except for the Raiders, who evidently have their 39thirty design on their 59fifty, except with OAKLAND instead of RAIDERS.

On the hat Mario Williams is modelling, I kind of like it. I still prefer 39thirties that were released earlier, but these are better than most that Reebok has put out.

spacer.png

Well at least they seemingly will have options to choose from.

Exactly! New Era is making multiple designs and styles to fit everyone (flat bill, curved bill/low profile, and looking at that Bills cap, even the NASCAR style fans will be happy).

Archived