2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they make up 2 sets of each jersey.

Yeah, they do. I remember that from last year.

Ottawa's fans were pretty entertaining tonight, not gonna lie

If by "entertaining", you mean boorish.

Yeah the first couple times it was slightly maybe funny. Haha Sens/Leafs, Haha Boo the Leafs.

Then it became ridiculous.

I did chuckle when someone in the crowd yelled out "Nice hair, Hartnell!"....

If entertaining for you is stupid, immature, and needing to hit puberty, then you need new entertainment. It's nice to know that Ottawa parents just drop off their annoying kids at events like this to get peace and quiet.

Β 

Β 

This all star game format was dreamed up by Brendan Shannahan, I guess now we know why he gives out big suspension for hits to the head, he has clearly been affected by it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I haven't cared about the All Star game in years--this format is an interesting twist, but the entertainment is when they pick the teams--not the game...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

If by "entertaining", you mean boorish.

Yeah the first couple times it was slightly maybe funny. Haha Sens/Leafs, Haha Boo the Leafs.

Then it became ridiculous.

I did chuckle when someone in the crowd yelled out "Nice hair, Hartnell!"....

And it was oh so funny when one guy said "Pick Wade Belak!". rolleyes.gif

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature.Β 

PotD: 29/1/12

Β 

Β 

Hawks got Brendan Morrison. Next year I'll be clearer when I pray for a middle-aged forward from Calgary.

Just about to post this, beat me to it. Morrison for Connelly is an acceptable, if not unexciting move. Basically Ryan Johnson all over again, 4th line center to help solidify lines. Still need a defenseman and a key forward, but this is rough year for those kind of moves unless you're willing to overpay.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This all star game format was dreamed up by Brendan Shannahan, I guess now we know why he gives out big suspension for hits to the head, he has clearly been affected by it.

Care to explain how an "All-Star Fantasy Draft" has been a negative thing?

I like this format. The game doesn't determine home-ice advantage. It brings a little creativity to the all-star festivities, which can only make the game more competitive than it was before.

Does one really get a hard-on in picking sides for the coveted East vs. West all-star game?

Hawks got Brendan Morrison. Next year I'll be clearer when I pray for a middle-aged forward from Calgary.

Just about to post this, beat me to it. Morrison for Connelly is an acceptable, if not unexciting move. Basically Ryan Johnson all over again, 4th line center to help solidify lines. Still need a defenseman and a key forward, but this is rough year for those kind of moves unless you're willing to overpay.

What can you tell me about Connelly?

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

I'd say he had a future with the blackhawks but I think the team had a longer-term plan on bringing him into the NHL, despite him probably being ready for a chance. Can't say I know his life story, but he may not be too bad. It's definitely a fair trade.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'd say he had a future with the blackhawks but I think the team had a longer-term plan on bringing him into the NHL, despite him probably being ready for a chance. Can't say I know his life story, but he may not be too bad. It's definitely a fair trade.

I'd say so. Seems like Connelly could help us out now, and in the long term. Morrison's a solid guy, he's been around long enough for everyone to know that, and for a team like the Hawks centre depth is great to have especially when we're entering the back 9 of the season.

Β 

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Β 

I would like the All Star draft if the captains were a little more vindictive and not as predictable. I wouldve been entertained if Ovie was left to rot back there if he showed up, that wouldve been entertaining, like watching Brady Quinn squirm. There were all sorts of fun ideas thrown out there that didnt really materialize because the captains lacked personality. Those guys are loaded with class but personality is a bit lacking. Although the exchange with Karlsson and Spezza was funny, and Team Chara playing the heel by picking Maple Leafs and Flyers was pretty good too but it could be refined I think.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

The only thing I don't like about the all-star draft is ending up with "Team Alfredsson" or "Team Chara". It's really out there, but I think it'd be cool if the captains got to work with Reebok to come up with their own team name and uniform. Not only would we get to see some wacky one-off unis, but I think it might make the captains a little more competitive if they feel more "ownership" of their team. I'm sure the NHL likes having a giant NHL shield on everyone's chest in the all-star game, but you could put the NHL shield on one shoulder and the ASG logo on the other. You would still see them all the time. Designing multiple logos for a one-off jersey is too much, anyway. Some of the jerseys might even sell well. If I was a fan of a captain, it would be a very unique collectible because it was very personal to that player.

"25-year-old AHL All-Star" should just about say it all, really, for better or worse. To that, I would add that he's always been praised as one of the better farmhands, but the fact that he's a 5'10", physically slight PMD in an organization that already has Duncan Keith, Nick Leddy, and a general tendency for its skaters to be short and slight pretty much made him redundant at the NHL level. The consensus seems to be that the ceiling on Connelly is running the point on the #2 PP unit of a not-great team, which isn't great, but not awful, either. But hey, you get a guy who played in college and the AHL for six years, you pretty much have the floor and ceiling set by now, y'know?

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Columbus to host 2013 NHL All-star game.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/01/27/columbus-national-hockey-league-all-star-game-2013.html

"The game is considered one of the NHL's marquee events and would possibly be one of the most significant events ever hosted in the city."

Facepalm. Stuff like this is part of the reason noone takes us seriously.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Columbus to host 2013 NHL All-star game.

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/01/27/columbus-national-hockey-league-all-star-game-2013.html

"The game is considered one of the NHL's marquee events and would possibly be one of the most significant events ever hosted in the city."

Facepalm. Stuff like this is part of the reason noone takes us seriously.

Better get it in while they can, I guess. Still don't like that the Sabres haven't hosted since 1978. I know we don't have enough hotel rooms for a Super Bowl, but the NHL All-Star Game is no Super Bowl.

Archived