2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

If Chara got to shoot on the KHL's radar gun he'd break the sound barrier

It's not the radar gun, it's the distance. They do it much close to the net and when the clock it, it's lost less speed.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team Chara wins, and Marian Gaborik wins MVP.

Thomas wins his 4th straight All-Star Game. Granted being the winning goalie is a crap shoot and it's not really a goalie-friendly event, but it's still an awesome statistic.

Carey Price continues to be my favorite goalie despite the fact he plays for the Habs. Love his attitude towards the game.

Now that we've got the ASG out of the way, let's get some trades happening!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Hurricanes extend Tim Gleason for four years. "So much for that," said twentysome general managers. This move should really help the Carolina Hurricanes finish 9th in 2016.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well, I think we can officially put the notion of a neutral-site AHL All-Star Game down as a failure. Boardwalk Hall is maybe half-full. Plus, the teams are wearing the original Edge NHL All-Star template, which is equally embarrassing, at minimum.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, I think we can officially put the notion of a neutral-site AHL All-Star Game down as a failure. Boardwalk Hall is maybe half-full. Plus, the teams are wearing the original Edge NHL All-Star template, which is equally embarrassing, at minimum.

I noticed the exact same thing. They need to go back to AHL cities, even though I thought Atlantic City would do a good job hosting.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The New York Islanders will play the first-ever NHL game at Barclays Center on Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012 when they take on the New Jersey Devils at 7:30 p.m. The preseason game will mark the first hockey event at Barclays Center, the new major sports and entertainment venue, which will officially open on September 28 with the first of multiple JAY-Z concerts. The game will also mark the first NHL game to be played in Brooklyn.

Article

The New York Islanders will play the first-ever NHL game at Barclays Center on Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2012 when they take on the New Jersey Devils at 7:30 p.m. The preseason game will mark the first hockey event at Barclays Center, the new major sports and entertainment venue, which will officially open on September 28 with the first of multiple JAY-Z concerts. The game will also mark the first NHL game to be played in Brooklyn.

Article

Will be the smallest arena in the NHL. Not like it matters though, what do they average at Nassau?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Article

Will be the smallest arena in the NHL. Not like it matters though, what do they average at Nassau?

The current average at Nassau is 12,670.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Isles need to build something along the LIRR in Queens or Nassau. Brooklyn is getting too far from the 'burbs. It'll have to be another Nassau Coliseum in terms of being spartan and cheap, but maybe the roof won't leak?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The penguins/bettman conspiracy theorists, if they still exist, are gonna have a field day with that call.

Just like the one on Bozak's phantom goal rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, where do you get this vibe that everyone thinks that the Penguins are the satanic anti-Christ of sports?

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

General expressions of sickness of Crosby and national tv exposure, as well as observations and experiences here, on other boards, and other places on the internet have led me to believe the penguins are one of the high teams on the totem pole of hatred. But I guess that's a necessary price to pay in the name of success.

And I was referring to the goal that got called off (that was a good goal).

oBIgzrL.png

http://canucksarmy.com/2012/1/31/game-50-preview-0-to-100-mph-in-7-days

KEY OF THE GAME #2

Target Toews' hand. Yeah, it's cheap. I know. But he has a weakness right now. Exploit it. Toews is one of the league's best centers, playing for one of the league's best teams. You have to exploit any weakness you can find. You can expect Toews to take a litany of slashes and hacks and chops at his hands tonight. Because let's face it; if Henrik Sedin had an injured hand, Dave Bolland would be chopping his hand like the world's ugliest lumberjack.

<_<

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived