2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

How does Columbus have the lodging and amenities for an All-Star Weekend? That's like having an NBAASG in Memphis or Oklahoma City.

Downtown and the suburban areas have loads of hotels, shops, restaurants, etc. I mean we hosted the draft, though more people will come for the ASG

Manchester-City-icon.png

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does Columbus have the lodging and amenities for an All-Star Weekend? That's like having an NBAASG in Memphis or Oklahoma City.

They do have to have the lodging and amenities for Ohio State football games.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This all star game format was dreamed up by Brendan Shannahan, I guess now we know why he gives out big suspension for hits to the head, he has clearly been affected by it.

Care to explain how an "All-Star Fantasy Draft" has been a negative thing?

I like this format. The game doesn't determine home-ice advantage. It brings a little creativity to the all-star festivities, which can only make the game more competitive than it was before.

Does one really get a hard-on in picking sides for the coveted East vs. West all-star game?

I prefer East vs West.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If they, like others said before, had a little more personality and were less predictable, I'd prefer this format because it is unique and interesting. Although I don't like the teams being named after the captains.

oBIgzrL.png

Heard this interesting little tidbit:

As discussed by the Vancouver Province, there's talk of a potential trade involving the Vancouver Canucks and Anaheim Ducks. Apparently GM Mike Gillis would send goaltender Cory Schneider, forward Mason Raymond and defenseman Keith Ballard south in exchange for forward Corey Perry.

Huh? :therock: The reigning league MVP for a back-up goalie, an average forward, and a third-line defenseman?

As discussed by the Vancouver Province, there's talk of a potential trade involving the Vancouver Canucks and Anaheim Ducks. Apparently GM Mike Gillis would send goaltender Cory Schneider, forward Mason Raymond and defenseman Keith Ballard south in exchange for forward Corey Perry.

Huh? :therock: The reigning league MVP for a back-up goalie, an average forward, and a third-line defenseman?

That "backup goalie" is also 26 (or thereabouts) and has GAA of 2.23 and 2.30 in his last 2 years.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

No.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

That "backup goalie" is also 26 (or thereabouts) and has GAA of 2.23 and 2.30 in his last 2 years.

So he can go from backing up Luongo to backing up Hiller? It just didn't make any sense to me...

It's helps that Schenider at some points plays in front of one of the better D cores. Obviously when they're healthy. I don't see all the love in him. But outside of Hodgson who's no longer a "Top Propect" the cupboard is pretty bare in Vancouver, and it would be stupid for the Ducks to trade Corey Perry, especially within the conference.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Ducks shouldn't trade Getzlaf, Perry, or Ryan. There aren't many returns I can think of that would be worth it. The aforementioned trade sure isn't.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So he can go from backing up Luongo to backing up Hiller? It just didn't make any sense to me...

I don't know his contract situation, but Hiller could be a trade chip for a team desperate for a goalie under 40 (Tampa).

I don't know his contract situation, but Hiller could be a trade chip for a team desperate for a goalie under 40 (Tampa).

Hiller's got 2 more years at $4.5 million each.

1) I doubt Hiller gets traded. He had a rough start and that bout with vertigo last season, but he's coming back into stride this last month so we'll see where it goes. He's also not going anywhere without a goalie coming back elsewhere. They're not going to go with Dan Ellis full-time, and the starting-type goalie prospects are farther off. Unless they know they're getting a goalie in free agency or via trade, they're not going to deal him. Which leads me to:

2) First off, if the Ducks are going to trade any of their Big 3 with Perry, Getzlaf, and Ryan, Perry is probably the least likely to move. The only reason that trade could make any sort of sense is that they are looking to get rid of Hiller and think Schneider would be the guy going forward. I'd like to have Schneider sure, but not with Hiller still here and definitely not in exchange for Corey Perry.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

This all star game format was dreamed up by Brendan Shannahan, I guess now we know why he gives out big suspension for hits to the head, he has clearly been affected by it.

Care to explain how an "All-Star Fantasy Draft" has been a negative thing?

I like this format. The game doesn't determine home-ice advantage. It brings a little creativity to the all-star festivities, which can only make the game more competitive than it was before.

Does one really get a hard-on in picking sides for the coveted East vs. West all-star game?

I prefer East vs West.

You didn't answer my question.

How has the "All-Star Fantasy Draft" been a negative?

Archived