2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

CS85, don't fret. It's just the mentality of folks around here.

• Thou shalt not criticize their team if they recently won a championship.
  • If thou dost complain about said team or if their prognosis for the team's future is in any way negative, no matter how realistic that may be, they have officially given up on that team.
  • Thus, they are not allowed to celebrate their team's success should it come.
  • However, any opinion in favor of your team automatically makes you a homer, and all of your posts from then on are not to be taken seriously.
  • Any defense of the actions of a player on your team that others find questionable is not to be taken seriously, as any such actions can only be made through "<insert team colors here> colored glasses".

Learned all of those the hard way myself.

While those are all true, I don't think they apply here. Just go back and read through the last 10 pages or so... after every Blackhawks loss (and sometimes win) many of their fans on this board immediately start running around like a bunch of Chicken Littles screaming how this team blows, the GM sucks, etc... then I look at the standings and see the Hawks tied for first or second in the conference, and it comes across as spoiled and sort of pathetic. There is nothing wrong with being pessimistic about your team, but having a little perspective is good too.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly want nothing more to do with anyone's analysis on what kind of fan I am and what kind of fan I should be. I am a doubtful pessimistic dismissive fan because failure is what I've grown up with as a sports fan. My attitude does not mean I love my teams any less, if anything my passion is overbearing, considering how personally I take their ups and downs. If some of you want to call me spoiled or lacking perspective, this is nothing I haven't heard, and I don't hold it against you. It's just what I've come to expect.

I'll simply not post any of my personal opinions regarding the Blackhawks games on here, since I don't want the quality of my fandom reduced as folly because I get worked up and irrational after a loss. I'm glad there's a good constituency of blackhawks fans on here. Fans who understand my frustration at seeing a team with the legit stars on it like the Hawks have pissing away so many games due to fundamental ineptitude, poor coaching, and lack of effort; knowing how many titles this team COULD win but in all likelihood won't due to their own mysterious self-induced shortcomings - it gets very, very draining to watch.

But anyways, you guys do what you're gonna do - I won't pollute your sensibilities with my irrational passion. I'll simply stare at my 2010 team photo on the wall and say "I'm forever content."

[/being over dramatic]

carry on.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Oh, don't pout. We value your opinion, too. You being pessimistic isn't anything new to messageboarders. In fact, in better seasons, I would go on a White Sox board after a tough loss midseason because it helped calm me down. I would be angry, but then be able to laugh at the guys fuming and declaring the season was over with the Sox in first place in June or Bobby Jenks had gained 15 pounds overnight because he blew a save.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I honestly want nothing more to do with anyone's analysis on what kind of fan I am and what kind of fan I should be. I am a doubtful pessimistic dismissive fan because failure is what I've grown up with as a sports fan. My attitude does not mean I love my teams any less, if anything my passion is overbearing, considering how personally I take their ups and downs. If some of you want to call me spoiled or lacking perspective, this is nothing I haven't heard, and I don't hold it against you. It's just what I've come to expect.

I'll simply not post any of my personal opinions regarding the Blackhawks games on here, since I don't want the quality of my fandom reduced as folly because I get worked up and irrational after a loss. I'm glad there's a good constituency of blackhawks fans on here. Fans who understand my frustration at seeing a team with the legit stars on it like the Hawks have pissing away so many games due to fundamental ineptitude, poor coaching, and lack of effort; knowing how many titles this team COULD win but in all likelihood won't due to their own mysterious self-induced shortcomings - it gets very, very draining to watch.

But anyways, you guys do what you're gonna do - I won't pollute your sensibilities with my irrational passion. I'll simply stare at my 2010 team photo on the wall and say "I'm forever content."

[/being over dramatic]

carry on.

I love that you have such passion for your team... You wear your admiration for your hockey team on your sleeve. You shouldn't have to apologize for it either. I get it... sometimes you just have to vent. However, no one here is telling you to hide your passion, rather just try to remember a little bit of the big picture too.

[/being over dramatic]

carry on.

:cry::cry::cry:

[/being over dramatic]

carry on.

I agree. People think I'm less of a fan because I'm incredibly pessimistic. It does not make me any less of a fan. It just makes me an overly pessimistic, incredibly passionate fan.

spacer.png

I'd post about the game I'm watching on NBC Sports but I'd like to avoid a scolding. :P

I honestly thought to myself, "I bet -Dan's loving this right now."

I'd take the over on that.

But seriously folk... I wouldn't put much stock in 1 blowout.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I'd post about the game I'm watching on NBC Sports but I'd like to avoid a scolding. :P

I honestly thought to myself, "I bet -Dan's loving this right now."

He's not the only one... :)

The Habs haven't played like this all year long, so I'll take it when they actually play hockey.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

The last time I saw destruction like this in Montreal, Metallica had cancelled a show.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived