2011-12 NHL Season

njmeadowlanders

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And of course it's done after a win, too. The team sucks because the GM did nothing but sign Oilers in the offseason, not because of the coach.

I agree that Murray is a huge problem too, but these early season slumps were getting extremely tiresome.

I do want to thank and acknowledge Randy Carlyle for what he did in Anaheim. Brought this team it's first Stanley Cup (first in California), leaves as the winningest coach in franchise history, playoffs in five of six full seasons, a conference final in his first year, and coached the team's first MVP in Corey Perry. Thanks Randy, but you had run your course in Anaheim. It was time to go.

And now for Bruce. Boudreau was hired by the Caps on 11/22/2007. Caps were 30th in the league at the time, but finished 37-17-7 to win the Southeast Division... Boudreau is hired by the Ducks on 11/30/2011, and the Ducks sit at 29th in the NHL... I eagerly anticipate the beginning of the Bruce Boudreau era on Friday. Let's Go Ducks.

boudreau.png

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

So let me get this straight. The Ducks fire Carlyle after a win? Talk about a completely classless organization. This screams they knew they were going to fire Carlyle and hoping he'd lose tonight and instead of letting him go yesterday or so, they wait until after the game where the team wins and plays well. Classless. Oh and I can't believe how stupid Duck fans are for wanting Boudreau. This is a coach that was soft at the beginning and then tried to get tough. You think that's going to change. Oh, and developing players? Really? Who? Mike Green? Where exactly is he. Who else did he develop? Those "great" goaltenders? Alexander Semin? Oh and let's not forget that he was the coach of a team that come the playoffs consistently tanked and underachieved. If Duck fans thought the season was bad now, just wait, it's going to get worse. So expect to see major trades and a top 3 draft pick, you're screwed because you have a coach who can't motivate and players who don't care.

Murray wanted to hire Boudreau, but it was too late, because you can't just have him coach a game right away, so they waited until after the game to fire Carlyle. They needed Carlyle to coach this game.... The decision had already been made, they just couldn't implement Boudreau that fast.

.... And Boudreau gives the players a new system with a new vibe in the locker room. He's a good coach, he made the playoffs every year with the Caps. He didn't ever make it pass the 2nd round, but the NHL is a team sport.... It wasn't just his fault for the early playoff departures. And he's good at developing players, even if you say he isn't. Green is one of the top Offensive defensemen in the game, and he isn't that bad in his own end. Carlson and Alzner turned into pretty good players with his help too.

Phhh.... Kings fans.... Always so bitter.

Oh my God, the Ducks won.

They actually had some fight in them tonight. I saw some energy, some determination. They battled for the puck. Now it helped that the Canadiens played bad, but damn it felt good to see a win. It felt really damn good.

Gotta see what they bring on Friday vs Philly and it was only one win, but for tonight, it was awesome to see.

#SavingBobbyRyan

Didn't save Caryle though. Fired and replaced with Bodreau.

*Spit Take*

Honestly, I was not expecting to wake up to this news. Carlyle was a great guy and all but his system grew stale (my frequent mentioning of this has also become stale). I'm thankful for all he's done for the Ducks, but this was a necessary change.

8gEj9j7.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

From TSN.CA's "This Day in Sports"

1930 - NHL drops 20 minute slashing-about-the-head penalty

579fd06d47559ef8199b78da94eb.jpeg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Trading Bobby Ryan would be such a backwards move by the Ducks.

Exactly. It's not like the Ducks are in the position of the Flames needing to get younger. The Ducks core is all under 30, and Bobby Ryan will continue to be one of the NHL's best. Firing Carlyle would be a better move. Like I said a few pages back. The Ducks are too good, to be this bad for long. Talk to me if they still suck in March.

Really?

Trading Bobby Ryan would be such a backwards move by the Ducks.

I'm sure the Maple Leafs fans over at HFBoards.com think that Bobby Ryan to Toronto for a 7th round pick is more than fair for both sides.

How about Schenn, Kadri, 1st.

Even if i'm Bob Murray I still wouldn't do it. Schenn sure still young, but hasn't really came in to his own yet, Kadri he's a mystery, had his chances, but can't seem to stay up. I'm not sure about T.O.'s prospects, who would be considered their best. Stuart Percy?

Colborne or Kadri. He's (Kadri) tearing up the AHL. He's got 10 points in his last 5 games. It' unfair to say "he's had his chances". He was called up last year and played OK, then fell off the map after 5 games. He played the last 11 games because of an injury, simplified his game, and played well. He'd still be in the NHL if not for Colborne. It's not like they've given him dozens of opportunities. He's has 2 and just became a victim of a numbers game this year. For sure he'll play in the NHL again this year, though.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Please don't do that :lol:

Hehe. Aside from their identity during the Disney years, I've never had a problem with the Ducks. They seem to have carved a nice, stable niche for themselves, and most of their fans I've come into contact with (all online) seem to be passionate and knowledgeable when it comes to hockey. All in all, you guys are all right.

That being said I will continue to post the Quebec Canardes logo as long as The Six does his tired "hockey can work in the north if we just give it a chance!" shtick.

Please don't do that :lol:

Hehe. Aside from their identity during the Disney years, I've never had a problem with the Ducks. They seem to have carved a nice, stable niche for themselves, and most of their fans I've come into contact with (all online) seem to be passionate and knowledgeable when it comes to hockey. All in all, you guys are all right.

That being said I will continue to post the Quebec Canardes logo as long as The Six does his tired "hockey can work in the north if we just give it a chance!" shtick.

Yeah, the Ducks are fine. I think the only time we've ever flirted with relocation or anything was during the sale from Disney to the Samuelis. There was a quick thought before Samueli came out that someone could have possibly bought the Ducks to move them. I remember the slight but extremely sharp fear myself and the other Ducks fans felt for about a week. Thankfully that never came to pass, and probably won't. Our base is passionate and comes out to support the team when it really needs it, but it could no doubt be bigger, and even then, our attendance is still pretty good. The Pond has been emptier on some nights this year, but that's only because the Ducks have sucked out loud. Hopefully with Boudreau that can get turned around.

As far as The Six... well I understand haha. It was funny once, and probably just that once. I don't get it really, because I can't remember anyone ever trying to say that the Kings or Ducks don't work and need to be moved where someone cares. I don't think there's ever been a full assault on the Southern Hockey Fan save some jingoistic Canadian media blowhard propaganda, but even that is just silly.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Anyone see that Forbes put out its annual valuation of NHL franchises this week? Here's the list (with dollar figure values in millions, USD):

521 - Toronto

507 - New York Rangers

445 - Montreal

336 - Detroit

325 - Boston

306 - Chicago

300 - Vancouver

290 - Philadelphia

264 - Pittsburgh

232 - Los Angeles

230 - Dallas

225 - Washington

220 - Calgary

213 - Minnesota

212 - Edmonton

211 - San Jose

201 - Ottawa

198 - Colorado

184 - Anaheim

181 - New Jersey

174 - Tampa Bay

173 - Buffalo

169 - Carolina

164 - Winnipeg (based on Atlanta, however)

163 - Nashville

162 - Florida

157 - St. Louis

152 - Columbus

149 - New York Islanders

134 - Phoenix

In looking at this list, I'd say San Jose, Anaheim and New Jersey each may be undervalued; if I had the jack I'd certainly pay more than those numbers for those NHL franchises. Winnipeg's situation likely will propel them into the upper half if not the top ten next year. Columbus and St. Louis surprise me somewhat, but I can understand the thinking. Meanwhile buying the Islanders would be an absolute steal if your intent would be to somehow relocate them from Long Island to NYC proper - the disparity between the values of the Rangers and Islanders, even with the Isles woes, seems disproportionate to me.

nav-logo.png

Anyone see that Forbes put out its annual valuation of NHL franchises this week? Here's the list (with dollar figure values in millions, USD):

521 - Toronto

507 - New York Rangers

445 - Montreal

336 - Detroit

325 - Boston

306 - Chicago

300 - Vancouver

290 - Philadelphia

264 - Pittsburgh

232 - Los Angeles

230 - Dallas

225 - Washington

220 - Calgary

213 - Minnesota

212 - Edmonton

211 - San Jose

201 - Ottawa

198 - Colorado

184 - Anaheim

181 - New Jersey

174 - Tampa Bay

173 - Buffalo

169 - Carolina

164 - Winnipeg (based on Atlanta, however)

163 - Nashville

162 - Florida

157 - St. Louis

152 - Columbus

149 - New York Islanders

134 - Phoenix

In looking at this list, I'd say San Jose, Anaheim and New Jersey each may be undervalued; if I had the jack I'd certainly pay more than those numbers for those NHL franchises. Winnipeg's situation likely will propel them into the upper half if not the top ten next year. Columbus and St. Louis surprise me somewhat, but I can understand the thinking. Meanwhile buying the Islanders would be an absolute steal if your intent would be to somehow relocate them from Long Island to NYC proper - the disparity between the values of the Rangers and Islanders, even with the Isles woes, seems disproportionate to me.

SMall market, small arena mean never in the top ten. Top half, maybe, but there are some pretty strong franchises that would need to fall.

16-18 looks right about find for Winnipeg.

Who beat the Yotes last night, 1-0.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived