NHL 2012-2013: Possible Uniform Changes

Morgan33

Someone should fill in the last spot with Davidson's or Weekes' double-zero.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Flames have worn their retro third in 8 straight home games soon to be 9, granted most of those have come against Canadian teams and have been on National TV, but can't hurt to speculate. It's all over the website, most of their desktop wallpapers show players in the third jersey. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but maybe the Flames are going the way of the Oilers?

Who knows, I hope so.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Flames have worn their retro third in 8 straight home games soon to be 9, granted most of those have come against Canadian teams and have been on National TV, but can't hurt to speculate. It's all over the website, most of their desktop wallpapers show players in the third jersey. Maybe I'm reading into it too much, but maybe the Flames are going the way of the Oilers?

Who knows, I hope so.

Could they be testing it out to see the fans' reaction to wearing it full-time? I mean, unless they were on a huge home winning streak wearing that jersey, I don't see why else they would.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Who knows, I hope so.

Could they be testing it out to see the fans' reaction to wearing it full-time? I mean, unless they were on a huge home winning streak wearing that jersey, I don't see why else they would.

Maybe, and it seems to be going over pretty well. From working at the Flames store and another jersey store in the city, sales seem to be split between the two. Or it could be just a coincidence of this part of the schedule. 4 games against Canadian teams, 2 CBC home games, 1 Al MacInnis jersey honoring night, the Sunday Dallas game is the one that sticks out.

They'll wear it Friday against the Jets, but if it continues against San Jose, Phoenix and on. Maybe they are hinting at a change.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I hope not. I'd much rather have them fix what they've got than revert to the throwbacks. They're just way too bright.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Agreed. The Flames are one of the few teams where the infusion of BFBS actually worked. It helps create some contrast. I would rather they just Edge-ify the look they wore to the 2004 Cup Finals. That was, snot horse excluded, a perfect look.

San Francisco Bulls release new jerseys...

0307sfbjerseyunveil.png

Not NHL related but look at that orange jersey and tell me the Ducks shouldn't do something similar. Minus the nameplate and sabres striping of course

0307sfbjerseyunveil.png

Not NHL related but look at that orange jersey and tell me the Ducks shouldn't do something similar. Minus the nameplate and sabres striping of course

Definitely a step up from the first logo they had! Can't wait to see them in the ECHL. Although, being a Western Conference team I'll never see them play.

If the Ducks did something similar, they wouldn't even have to change the number font.

Numbers-ANA-2006.gif

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

0307sfbjerseyunveil.png

The striping is already pretty close to the Ducks third. They can surely do it.

Archived