I present to you the tackiest baseball stadium

BadSeed84

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it looks good except for a huge mistake. Blue seats really stand out when empty. Green seats look more traditional and better when empty.

They should have went with green seats

Green seats or blue seats...doesn't really make a difference when no one is sitting in them.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

What I like best about this stadium is the big windows. Imagine being at a game during bad weather, and being able to look past the outfield to see a lightning storm in

the city.

You would close the windows then! (They're attractable windows right? Just like in Arizona? If they're not, that would defeat the point of having a dome)

I think you mean "retractable". Well, if it's bad weather, then the roof will be used. You can't move the windows.

The windows can slide open even if the roof is closed.

But not in a lightning storm though, right?

Go A's!

I think it looks good except for a huge mistake. Blue seats really stand out when empty. Green seats look more traditional and better when empty.

Green seats or blue seats...doesn't really make a difference when no one is sitting in them.

I think the Marlins attendance will surprise most this year, but that is exactly my point.

When no one is sitting in them blue seats jump out at you while green seats blend in.

I think the Marlins attendance will surprise most this year, but that is exactly my point.

When no one is sitting in them blue seats jump out at you while green seats blend in.

Really depends. The green seats in Oakland for example look very empty when no one is in them. The blue seats in San Diego don't look nearly as empty when they are...

It's lighter colored seats that look really bad when empty, like reds and orange IMO.

What I like best about this stadium is the big windows. Imagine being at a game during bad weather, and being able to look past the outfield to see a lightning storm in

the city.

You would close the windows then! (They're attractable windows right? Just like in Arizona? If they're not, that would defeat the point of having a dome)

I think you mean "retractable". Well, if it's bad weather, then the roof will be used. You can't move the windows.

Well no, but it'd make for great promotions...Whoever gets struck by lightning gets season tickets!

the city.

Well no, but it'd make for great promotions...Whoever gets struck by lightning gets season tickets!

I'm sure they'd get more season tickets that way than they would by selling them.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If you get rid of that huge piece of crap that is in center field, whatever it is, then it's a good looking ballpark. But as soon as I saw that thing (whatever it is - crappy art?), I saw a huge problem for any batter. That thing is so ugly it will distract a blind man. That thing has to go.

I actually like the green outfield walls. They're unique... odd, but unique. The centre field fish thing will be gone within two years. There's no way something that butt-ugly will catch on as a 'tradition'. Pretty sure a class of kindergarteners could have made something better out of macaroni.

I'm also not a fan of the huge amounts of exposed concrete. When I first saw the drawings of how they were planning to build it, I was expecting more of the tile and less grey. The concrete and the steep rake of the upper deck actually remind me a little of the Rogers Centre, and while the rest of the stadium is bviously very different, being reminded of the RC when you see a stadium is rarely a good thing.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120306&content_id=27069080&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Story about last nights game against UM. The batter's eye was painted black Tuesday morning and they claim that the home run feature didn't pose a problem for left handed batters.

Personally, I think the park looks great. Miami (Florida) isn't my favorite city (state) to visit (live in), but I'm glad they made it their own thing and not a copy of Camden.

My thoughts:

1. I would've loved to see orange walls rather than bright green, to tie in with the marlins new identity.

2. The CF home-run-thingy is growing on me in a strange way...

3. Strange to see so little amount of seats in LF.

4. Cool to see it totally uncluttered by ads. In a few weeks, the place will look much more tacky.

5. Overall I love that someone finally did something different. STL, WAS, CIN, PHI and the like may all be nice but there's nothing unique about them.

After seeing FooMaster's pics (great pics, btw)...the place is sterile. With the bright white lighting, feels like you're watching baseball inside of a Costco or a convention center. The walls need some ads, the championship banners need to be hung, and it'll look better when the LF "manual (but electronic) scoreboard is on.

I still love the place from what I've seen, but it needs a few more things to make it look that much better.

Really depends. The green seats in Oakland for example look very empty when no one is in them. The blue seats in San Diego don't look nearly as empty when they are...

It's lighter colored seats that look really bad when empty, like reds and orange IMO.

I'm still standing by the fact that blue seats jump out when empty much more than green.

Green just looks much better overall

75.jpg

p8050295.jpg

Archived