Best Jersey in MLS history?

spottedbadger

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LA Galaxy's 2009-10 clash kits get my vote.

Los+Angeles+Galaxy+v+New+York+Red+Bulls+RitD_JO-bY6l.jpg

Los+Angeles+Galaxy+v+New+York+Red+Bulls+2sEfnMr3N8Wl.jpg

Los+Angeles+Galaxy+v+New+York+Red+Bulls+q6QPyjERro3l.jpg

They worked out the kinks from the 1st set of Beckham Era kits (mainly, the superfulous piping) and came out with a really great look. For it to be made by adidas, it was a really solid look.

Yeah, those were gorgeous. My favorite color combo.

Apparently mls.com thinks this Timbers shirt is the best ever.

horst-in-new-third-jerseyjpg-fdb1ac1a7d98fcb8.jpg

So what do you think the best shirt in MLS history?

I'd say that's close, but I'm partial to their regular shirts, especially when paired with the white shorts.

9495981-large.jpg

I'm not sure there's a finer look in the league.

LA Galaxy's 2009-10 clash kits get my vote.

Los+Angeles+Galaxy+v+New+York+Red+Bulls+RitD_JO-bY6l.jpg

They worked out the kinks from the 1st set of Beckham Era kits (mainly, the superfulous piping) and came out with a really great look. For it to be made by adidas, it was a really solid look.

I'd agree with this. I appreciate the Timbers retro but this LA version was stellar.

Growing up, I was always a huge fan of the old MetroStars kits:

metrostars.jpg

Following that, I'd second the Portland greens that Gothamite posted. Love that design. Portland's throwback is a stellar kit, too.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I tend to agree with Gothamite that it's not even Portland's best look.

I've always been partial to the Fire's old light blue third, although the new navy blue jersey they unveiled this year is also quite nice. The only problem with both is that they are not red. Wouldn't mind seeing a red version of their new alt now that they've gone away from tradition by replacing white with navy on the main.

tampabaymutiny11.jpg

1996 Tampa Bay Mutiny. Back when MLS was all about bright colors for everyone.

I think I just died a little inside. Damn I miss that identity...and one of the single coolest badges ever in the history of badges.

That said...can I enter a fanwank pick for the first version of the Union primary shirts?

I can?

Oh ok...well then I vote for the inaugural version of the Philadelphia Union home shirts.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

tampabaymutiny11.jpg

1996 Tampa Bay Mutiny. Back when MLS was all about bright colors for everyone.

I think I just died a little inside. Damn I miss that identity...and one of the single coolest badges ever in the history of badges.

That motif lives on a bit with the new Super Cyan Sounders kit, doesn't it?

973D1D908AF94A088220BCDAD8BA8548_large.jpeg

I wish the earlier days of MLS were better documented. For a relatively young league it's had some pretty major aesthetic changes.

As far as best goes, I'll echo the DC United love. These were some pretty sharp uniforms at any level:

040406_adu_vlg_1p.grid-4x2.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Best MLS look?

The Timbers throwback-alt.

Welcome to the world of shirt sponsors.

I'd tend to doubt that there are any Quakers on the Chicago Fire, Houston players aren't very friendly and (despite what you might read) the men who suit up for Philadelphia are actually quite intelligent.

You mean Barcelona doesn't play in Qatar? What?

spacer.png

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived