yauger72

New Orleans ditching Hornets name?

Apparently according to this, right here the NBA is considering changing the name of the Hornets. Thoughts? A return of the Charlotte Hornets maybe?

Why would they change the New Orleans Hornets to the Charlotte Hornets? They'll still play in New Orleans.

Why would they change the New Orleans Hornets to the Charlotte Hornets? They'll still play in New Orleans.

They're talking about rebranding the New Orleans (current) Hornets to something else, so that Charlotte can reclaim the Hornets name if it wants to.

Yay! The Jazz are ba oh wait

edit: I guess "Hurricanes" is a non-starter, huh?

I really don't want this conversation to start again.

Give New Orleans back the Jazz, give Charlotte back the Hornets, and Utah can change to whatever.

Utah bobcats...make this 3 way trade happen now...it's long overdue.

Give New Orleans back the Jazz, give Charlotte back the Hornets, and Utah can change to whatever.

I wish.

Damn all the name-trading...how 'bout someone give Seattle their team back...

:P

They're talking about rebranding the New Orleans (current) Hornets to something else, so that Charlotte can reclaim the Hornets name if it wants to.

I think I read on the boards that Charlotte was suppose to have some big announcement in the off season. Now in New Orleans wants to start fresh, I can understand that & the Hornets name has some history with Charlotte, so I could see that but for God's sake, leave Utah alone. That bridge has been crossed.

Maybe they are thinking of changing the New Orleans Hornets to Seattle Supersonics.

While we're at it, more the Lakers to Minnesota, the Magic to LA, and Orlando can revive the "Mighty Ducks".

+1

RIP

zqwgafkcdfamqumx0x5j3ddre.gif

Maybe they are thinking of changing the New Orleans Hornets to Seattle Supersonics.

Bingo.

THANK YOU.

People, let's leave the Jazz out of this, please.

Anyways, I've been wanting this to happen so Charlotte could take the Hornets back. I think it'd be a good thing for New Orleans too, to start fresh with a new identity. Pelicans or Buccaneers, maybe?

Bingo.

I was thinking that exactly. Wheels are in motion. Stay tuned.