New Orleans ditching Hornets name?

yauger72

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would they change the New Orleans Hornets to the Charlotte Hornets? They'll still play in New Orleans.

They're talking about rebranding the New Orleans (current) Hornets to something else, so that Charlotte can reclaim the Hornets name if it wants to.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Give New Orleans back the Jazz, give Charlotte back the Hornets, and Utah can change to whatever.

Give New Orleans back the Jazz, give Charlotte back the Hornets, and Utah can change to whatever.

Utah bobcats...make this 3 way trade happen now...it's long overdue.

Damn all the name-trading...how 'bout someone give Seattle their team back...

:P

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Why would they change the New Orleans Hornets to the Charlotte Hornets? They'll still play in New Orleans.

They're talking about rebranding the New Orleans (current) Hornets to something else, so that Charlotte can reclaim the Hornets name if it wants to.

I think I read on the boards that Charlotte was suppose to have some big announcement in the off season. Now in New Orleans wants to start fresh, I can understand that & the Hornets name has some history with Charlotte, so I could see that but for God's sake, leave Utah alone. That bridge has been crossed.

baltimoreravens.png

RIP

zqwgafkcdfamqumx0x5j3ddre.gif

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Utah bobcats...make this 3 way trade happen now...it's long overdue.

THANK YOU.

People, let's leave the Jazz out of this, please.

Anyways, I've been wanting this to happen so Charlotte could take the Hornets back. I think it'd be a good thing for New Orleans too, to start fresh with a new identity. Pelicans or Buccaneers, maybe?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived