Alternate Jerseys in 2012 Playoffs

Mr. Krabs

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

... But, if Florida wears there alts anbd win the cup, i'll laugh.

There is zero chance of that. The Panthers wearing their alts, that is. There really is a better chance of them winning the Stanley Cup than wearing the double-blue fauxbacks again this year.

The Sharks aren't the worst offender but "hey let's have a black jersey just because" is absolutely A Thing and absolutely lazy and terrible.

It's one of those things that work and don't work. Black is part of the team's color scheme so having a black jersey makes sense. But I think the fact that the Sharks' thirds feature very little of the other team colors is what bothers me. Very little orange teal. I would like it more if let's say the thirds were just a switch of color from their primary design

Go A's!

If their black jersey was just a recolor of their home jersey, it would be even lazier. Just get rid of the black jersey entirely. The Sharks don't need it. Nobody else wears teal.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If their black jersey was just a recolor of their home jersey, it would be even lazier. Just get rid of the black jersey entirely. The Sharks don't need it. Nobody else wears teal.

It'd be easier, but it'd look so much better. Since the team is still so young, their thirds have to be something with their current set. A throwback third I think is the best option but they have no history for it

Go A's!

Finally we agree on something

Agreed. They should bring back their original teal jersey for the third, but with the updated logo on the front.

RackMultipart.20309.0_display_image.jpg?1259787611

No, the Lightning won their cup in black unis and the morons in charge got rid of those and tried to get rid of black entirely, so that isn't always the case.

Well I was assuming they;d have more sense than Tampa's new owners... which wouldn't take much

And I HATE the "black for blacks sake" thing Lukas created. He's a complete ass clown, and it isn't even the case with most teams. It's a white, grey, and black are neutral among many teams for colors. Why do so many NFL teams have black cleats? Regardless, black IS in the Sharks logo and other unis, so even if I did validate that morons phrase and idea, this wouldn't apply.

I love the teal, I just really like their black alternates since the previous version. Especially since the previous uni had the shark fin logo which I love.

The teams should be able to switch, not have to wear all one type of jersey for every home game in the playoffs.

Lukas is the uniwatch guy right? Maybe the term BFBS is overused but I stand by the sentiment. Making an alternate jersey black with the team colours as accents has become an unwanted crutch in uniform design. Besides that, several things bother me about the jersey... The full bodied Shark looks ridiculously cartoonish and the lack of hem stripes makes the awful front numbers stick out even more. The teal jersey on the other hand is among the best in Sharks history. The orange works on that one... not so much on the away

Haha, touche on the Tampa owners Morgo. Good point.

Yeah he is Morgo. I agree, I do love the teal and think it's a great jersey. I also am a fan of the orange with the teal, I think shades of green/orange together are a great. I too am not sold on the full body shark. It does look a little odd, but Sharks and Bulls are my two favorite mascots, so generally I like it. I would honestly love a third with the fin logo on it. I think that would look awesome.

Front numbers are nothing I've ever been a fan of.

I'm unsold on black, I still think it's like a grey or white in terms of neutrality. I don't mind it being added to give teams an additional color, it just makes sense sometimes if they want to.

If it's completely arbitrary and they don't attempt it in most colors schemes, I guess that it's different. I just don't mind it, even when it seems odd and is just created like if the Red Wings or Maple Leafs did it. But the Mets incorporated it into their scheme for hats, jerseys, and logos. I felt that worked. Same with the Reds in baseball.

Stop posting in black text, Legend.

The :censored: are you talking about?

Would you prefer white? Black is the default champ. I have never changed the color.

2ly2w09.jpg

Would you prefer white? Black is the default champ. I have never changed the color.

He was mocking you.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

He was mocking you.

Oh, a failed attempt at humor. Cute.

Not even sure how it was mocking me, since I have no opposition to black being used.

2ly2w09.jpg

Agreed. They should bring back their original teal jersey for the third, but with the updated logo on the front.

Who is that guy and why would someone take the time to photo shop him in a Sharks jersey ?

Who is that guy and why would someone take the time to photo shop him in a Sharks jersey ?

Unfortunately he actually WAS a Shark. For all of like 13 games.

tn_CoorsDog.jpgSharks_signature.jpgtn_five_hole_design_logo_copy.jpg

Unfortunately he actually WAS a Shark. For all of like 13 games.

He (like the team that year) were garbage.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Archived