Favorite MLB ballparks

ltjets21

Camden Yards is unique? To me it looks just like Citizens Bank Park in Philly and Coors Field in Denver with minor details differing.

compared to the other ball parks I have been in it is

Bucknut40.pngOhioStatebanner.png

#RaiderUp

Twitter-@R_Redinger4 My Blog-Southwest Ohio Football

NCFAF-Wheeling Coal Miners,NCFAF-FCS Lake Erie Shoremen, NCFAB-Wheeling Coal Miners

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The parks I've been too are as followed: Astrodome, Tropicana Field, New Comiskey, Old Yankee, Dodger Stadium, Angels Stadium (Post Disney renovation), Chase Field, Safeco Field, Petco Park, Ballpark in Arlington, Arlington Stadium, and Target Field.

Call me a homer, but I love the mix of Texas and old timey baseball feel of the Ballpark in Arlington. The biggest disappointment had to be Old Yankee Stadium. I went in 1996 and was shocked that I had to get frisked by security at the gate. Then once I went in the place seemed like a dump. I figure that must have been because I sat in the bleachers.

noutep2-med.gifnmst2-med.gifnmst1-med.gifnonmex-med.gif

Go Aggies!

I've been to Wrigley, Fenway, Cleveland, Denver, Old Tiger's Stadium, and of course Kauffman. It's a homer pick, but Kauffman is such a nice stadium and it's usually overlooked because of the small market we're in. Great atmosphere and beautiful stadium. I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised this summer during the All Star activities.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Been to numerous parks both current and past (SAFECO, PETCO, AT&T, Oakland Coliseum, Angel Stadium, Dodger Stadium, Qualcomm Stadium, Candlestick Park, Nationals Park, RFK Stadium, Fenway Park, Shea Stadium, Citizens Bank Park, Camden Yards) and my favorites have been Fenway Park and PETCO Park.

PETCO is part of what drew me in to be a Padres fan when I first moved to San Diego. Love the open feel the stadium has with the wide open concourses, the way the Western Metal building was ultimately saved and incorporated, love the uniquely San Diego spin on the retro/modern ballpark with the white steel, blue seats, sandstone facade, and fairly tall light standards. It's got a lot of the new distractions but not too many so as to feel tacky like say left field at AT&T Park. I love the integration with the city with the park at the park beyond CF which is open year round for the folks in the Gaslamp and E. Village to enjoy as a city park complete with great views of the ballpark year round. None of the new parks (or old parks other than Fenway) that I've been too seem to have been so well blended into their surroundings. Oh and the beer, the beer selection is second to none. After 4 years I've still not had every brew they have available.

640px-Opening_Day_2009_Petco_Park.jpg

Fenway to me is the ultimate historic park. It is what it is, it fits exactly where it fits, is unassuming yet grand. It truly is a beautiful place and a true landmark. And the renovations this past decade have only made it better. They cleaned the old girl up, made what is 100 years old new again. Love the huge old style light standards, the old seats under the roof were great even if narrow and rickety. I love the beams holding the upper deck/former roof up and while they may occasionally get in the way they also add a character sorely lacking at many of Fenway's copies built in the last 20 years. And the way the park bleeds into the surrounding streets on gameday is just great. There's a reason so many of the Camden era parks are red brick, green steel, etc... and Fenway is the main template (along with a few traits from Wrigley) and still the best.

640px-Fenway_from_Legend%27s_Box.jpg

Least favorite has to have been Candlestick Park of the ones that are now gone. It was a monstrosity of a park with it's only real endearing trait being that it didn't collapse during the 89 series. Other wise it was a giant toilet bowl of a stadium that was cold, damp, dark, and ultimately depressing. The parking lots were made of mud, the few fans that were there were so bundled up most of the time that they had little ability left to move, and the fog... oh the fog.

Been to:

Sunlife Stadium

Old Yankee Stadium

New Yankee Stadium

Shea Stadium

PNC Park

Tropicana Field

My favorite would be: Old Yankee Stadium, purely for nostalgia purpose and the feeling I got walking in there. In terms of modern parks, PNC is by far the most amazing ballpark I have ever been too.

2ly2w09.jpg

To those of you who are not Pirates fans who have been to PNC Park and enjoyed it: What makes it so special to you?

I love PNC, but I've been a Bucs fan for a long time and I know I'm partial. But PNC has always been a talking point for people who've been to it and are trying to point out something positive about Pittsburgh baseball when I tell them I'm a Pirates fan. ("Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Well hey, at least you guys have one of the best parks in the majors!")

I haven't been to many ballparks, but here are mine:

Fenway and Wrigley are amazing ballparks. But one of the most underrated parks has to be Shea Stadium. I went there in 2008 for one of the final home games, and the atmosphere there was awesome. I've also been to Citi field and like it a lot as well.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Fenway and Wrigley are amazing ballparks. But one of the most underrated parks has to be Shea Stadium. I went there in 2008 for one of the final home games, and the atmosphere there was awesome. I've also been to Citi field and like it a lot as well.

That's exactly what I think are the best of the old stadiums.

CitiField, AT&T park and Camden Yards are the best of the New "Old" Stadiums.

To those of you who are not Pirates fans who have been to PNC Park and enjoyed it: What makes it so special to you?

I love PNC, but I've been a Bucs fan for a long time and I know I'm partial. But PNC has always been a talking point for people who've been to it and are trying to point out something positive about Pittsburgh baseball when I tell them I'm a Pirates fan. ("Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Well hey, at least you guys have one of the best parks in the majors!")

Well I am a Pirates fan too lol. I have family from, and in Pittsburgh. I'm more of a Yankees fan and still prefer PNC.

Why I like it?

The food selection was amazing. I don't eat at ballparks often, but they had great options.

The view was amazing. I got great seats from a family member and sat behind home plate, not directly, but in the area. The view of the skyline and bridge was just great. I had this discussion last night with a friend, and from in the ballpark I think it has the best view in baseball.

The look and feel inside and out was of an old ballpark with new ameneties. The styling with the wall and the outfield is great. The outside looks great walking up as well.

My only negative, and call it what you will, was the blue seats lol. Didn't fit in.

2ly2w09.jpg

I had the chance to visit PNC Park twice during the 2009 season, and I've been wanting to go back since. From watching games on TV, what always had me was the gorgeous backdrop of Downtown Pittsburgh, I wanted to experience that view in person. When I visited, I really enjoyed the walk over the Roberto Clemente Bridge into the stadium. It is very nice how you can see right into the ballpark when you cross the bridge.

It is a gorgeous two-deck stadium, so it has that old time intimate feeling to it. On the field level the way they have the concessions set up is really nice as well, the upper deck is very similar to most retro-styled ballparks (Camden, Progressive, AT&T). I'm hoping I can get out to Pittsburgh again to visit PNC. It clearly is one of the best new ballparks in the majors, not even my home stadiums compare.

Considering I've been to

-Shea Stadium

-Citi Field

-Old Yankee Stadium

-Yankee Stadium

-Veterans Stadium

I'll go with Citi Field. The new Yankee Stadium's pretty nice, but someone else hit the nail on the head with it being more like a museum with a ballpark inside of it. It was cool, no doubt, but there's something about it that just feels too overwhelming

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Top 3 IMO:

fenway_580x326.jpgfield_center.jpgCamdenYards_warehouse_BHP.jpg

I just love those retro looking ballparks.

However, I have to go with my homer pick:

pnc-in.jpg

I've been to two of the three you mention here (I have yet to go to PNC Park) and I have to say that you are at least correct on 66.6% of them. I would hope that a trip to PNC is in my future and once that occurs I will probably put it up there as well.

FWIW, Oriole Park is the greatest ballpark I have ever been to and I have been to quite a few parks in my time. It is simply the most amazing baseball experience. They only wish that they could offer HALF the baseball experience in the Bronx at their new "Cathedral" as they offer by the harbor in Baltimore. Its just too bad that the Orioles completely stink or else it would be so much more of an experience for the home fans.

QFT

It may have been a bit of a dump, but boy was it fun when it got going

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

QFT

It may have been a bit of a dump, but boy was it fun when it got going

Yup, it was our big blue dump. I still prefer Shea to Citi, especially given how few seats the new park has. Being in a packed, rocking, seemingly unstable Shea upper deck during a Mets rally trumps every other sports experience I've had. Don't get that at Citi.

Archived