Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Subtle.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I think there have been more games lost to lockouts than there have been Nashville Predators games. Someone wanna do the math on this?

If my math is sound, assuming a second season is fully lost, that would be a total of 2,460 regular season games lost. (I believe there's 1,230 regular season games contested in a full 82-game NHL schedule.)

So yeah, it would take the Predators 15 years to play 1,230 games, and if you're counting both lockouts....any franchise that hasn't been around for 30 or more years would fall short of the 2,460 mark.

468 (84 scheduled, 48 played, 26 teams) in 1994-95

1230 in 2004-05

625 and counting this season

So we're at 2323 games cancelled, possibly as many as 2928 if we lose the full season. If you count 1993-94 as Bettman's first season, 9.8% of all games have been lost to lockouts. Losing the entire season will take us to 12.4%. That'll mean one out of every eight games over twenty years will have been cancelled. THIS IS A BAD LEAGUE.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think there have been more games lost to lockouts than there have been Nashville Predators games. Someone wanna do the math on this?

it's not just the Predators, some writer/website posted on Twitter a while ago that a bunch of franchises have played fewer games than the three lockouts have wiped out

1zgyd8w.jpg

Figuring we're at about 28 82-game seasons lost, Bettman has thus far presided over more cancelled games than there have been Wild games, Beej games, ThrasherJet games, Predators games, Hurricanes games, Coyotes games (irony alert), Avalanche games, Panthers games, Ducks games, Lightning games, Senators games, and Sharks games.

With the cancellation of a full season, there will have been more NHL games cancelled under Gary Bettman then there have been NHL games played by the four WHA franchises (2468). So that's cool.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

If my math is sound, assuming a second season is fully lost, that would be a total of 2,460 regular season games lost. (I believe there's 1,230 regular season games contested in a full 82-game NHL schedule.)

So yeah, it would take the Predators 15 years to play 1,230 games, and if you're counting both lockouts....any franchise that hasn't been around for 30 or more years would fall short of the 2,460 mark.

468 (84 scheduled, 48 played, 26 teams) in 1994-95

1230 in 2004-05

625 and counting this season

So we're at 2323 games cancelled, possibly as many as 2928 if we lose the full season. If you count 1993-94 as Bettman's first season, 9.8% of all games have been lost to lockouts. Losing the entire season will take us to 12.4%. That'll mean one out of every eight games over twenty years will have been cancelled. THIS IS A BAD LEAGUE.

This puts it into perspective.

Why should I ever give this league any money ever again? It's the only product that refuses to sell it's goods/services to me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Agreed. I threw all my Blue Jackets gear in the trash. I will never spend another dime on anything NHL related, where that be merchandise, tickets, or even video games with the NHL logo on it. I even tossed my NHL goalie target in the trash haha.

You should send them to the team instead. Or put them in your grill and send them a picture. If they don't know you're doing it, then the gesture is noble but futile.

Agreed. I threw all my Blue Jackets gear in the trash. I will never spend another dime on anything NHL related, where that be merchandise, tickets, or even video games with the NHL logo on it. I even tossed my NHL goalie target in the trash haha.

Or sell it and make some $$$ off of it.

I'd gladly take any of your jerseys.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Really?

Really?

Yes exactly...really? The best I can do is not wear my Flyers gear. But I can't give it away or throw it away.

Really?

Yes exactly...really? The best I can do is not wear my Flyers gear. But I can't give it away or throw it away.

Most ironic not ironic NHL related comment.

Players voted to allow decertification of the union today. Pierre Lebrun reports the vote was 706-22. That NHL strategy to pit union members against themselves and their leader really worked out. Go ahead and bill a few extra hours on us, Proskauer Rose! You've earned it!

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Not quite yet. Still a few more steps to fall down on the way to oblivion.

Players voted to allow decertification of the union today. Pierre Lebrun reports the vote was 706-22. That NHL strategy to pit union members against themselves and their leader really worked out. Go ahead and bill a few extra hours on us, Proskauer Rose! You've earned it!

b-b-b-but I thought the players all wanted to take the deal that was offered and only Don Fehr wanted to play hardball so he could "win" :huh:

1zgyd8w.jpg

it's not just the Predators, some writer/website posted on Twitter a while ago that a bunch of franchises have played fewer games than the three lockouts have wiped out

Seth Rorabaugh:

"Nine current NHL franchises have played fewer regular season games than Gary Bettman has canceled (2,224)."

Figuring we're at about 28 82-game seasons lost, Bettman has thus far presided over more cancelled games than there have been Wild games, Beej games, ThrasherJet games, Predators games, Hurricanes games, Coyotes games (irony alert), Avalanche games, Panthers games, Ducks games, Lightning games, Senators games, and Sharks games.

With the cancellation of a full season, there will have been more NHL games cancelled under Gary Bettman then there have been NHL games played by the four WHA franchises (2468). So that's cool.

And going down from the franchise level to the team level, every non-current NHL team played fewer games than have been cancelled since 1994-95.

Update: By my math, we're five games away from adding another team to that list. 2323 games cancelled thus far, and the New Jersey Devils have played 2328.

I think it's safe to say the season is over. I don't think anyone would want to watch half a season.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Archived