Your 2012 National Hockey Lockout Thread

Lee.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't till February 15th, 2005 they canceled the season. Owners don't mind sticking it out a bit longer.

They have said they won't wait as long as they did the last time before cancelling.

50 games is the threshold Gary has put out, although he continues to refuse to put a date on when 50 games would be possible. We probably have one more month. Mid-January is when I think we'd see the full chopping.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I didn't comment on the events on Thursday, because I really wasn't that upset. Why? Because I know this is the NHL and as long as Bettman is at the top, you should just prepare for disappointment with this.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I didn't comment on the events on Thursday, because I really wasn't that upset. Why? Because I know this is the NHL and as long as Bettman is at the top, you should just prepare for disappointment with this.

It is possible to be both upset and unsurprised at the same time. I've been mentally prepared for this since the end of last regular season, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't piss me off beyond belief to actually see it happening.

I guess I'm just mad that I was right

PvO6ZWJ.png

You're a mean one, Gary Bettman

You really are a heel,

You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Gary Bettman

You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel!

You're a monster, Gary Bettman

Your heart's an empty hole,

Your brain is full of spiders, you've got garlic in your soul, Gary Bettman

I wouldn't touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!

You're a vile one, Gary Bettman

You have termites in your smile,

You have all the tender sweetness of a seasick crocodile, Gary Bettman

Given a choice between the two of you I'd take the ... seasick crocodile!

You nauseate me, Gary Bettman

With a nauseous super "naus",

You're a crooked dirty jockey and you drive a crooked hoss, Gary Bettman

You're a three decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich, with arsenic sauce!

You're a foul one, Gary Bettman

You're a nasty wasty skunk,

Your heart is full of unwashed socks, your soul is full of gunk, Gary Bettman

The three words that describe you are as follows, and I quote, "Stink, Stank, Stunk!"

You're a rotter, Gary Bettman

You're the king of sinful sots,

Your heart's a dead tomato splotched with moldy purple spots, Gary Bettman

Your soul is an appalling dump heap overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment of rubbish imaginable, mangled up in tangled up knots!

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Same :censored: different day. It'll end up exactly the same with the owners telling the players to piss off.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It would be nice if both sides tried negotiating

Yes, well, the owners are :censored:s and Fehr isn't going to break.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It would be nice if both sides the owners tried negotiating

Fixed that for you.

One side has been negotiating all along. The other has been acting out like a petulant child.

Few negotiation issues can be said to be the fault of only pbr side. This is that rare instance, and the owners are counting on the "pox on both your houses" response to shield them from the consequences of their bad faith.

Fixed that for you.

One side has been negotiating all along. The other has been acting out like a petulant child.

Few negotiation issues can be said to be the fault of only pbr side. This is that rare instance, and the owners are counting on the "pox on both your houses" response to shield them from the consequences of their bad faith.

It's okay, Tank just won't admit that a union's doing something right.

6fQjS3M.png

Fixed that for you.

It's okay, Tank just won't admit that a union's doing something right.

I am sorry I did not make myself clear, but I though my thousand anti Bettman posts spoke for themelves. When I said it would be nice if both sides were negotiating I meant the owners should negotiate too, because it is clear as day the players are willing to deal and give up a lot and the owners led by little Fuehrer Bettman want to crush the and humiliate the players. As much a the players have given up we should be playing hockey already.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Not that anyone thought today's talks would be constructive. But it looks like no owners could be bothered to attend. Just Bettman, Fehr and a couple of players. Wonder how long it'll take them to hurl insults and break for a week long lunch break this time.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8737012/mediators-join-midweek-labor-talks-sources-say

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Gary Bettman is the world biggest :censored:

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

John Buccigross seems to think that this'll get solved.

@Buccigross: "Barring Stupidity, there are NHL players that believe that deal will be reached in 4 or 5 days. Players then would have 3-4 days to report"

The key part is "Barring Stupidity".

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived