Teams who are currently wearing their best look

Chawls

Nah, they dumped their best look unceremoniously for those.

Greg+Moore+New+Jersey+Devils+v+New+York+Islanders+NQztSZLjwlul.jpg

230px-John_Tavares_2009-11-27.JPG

I have always thought that this set would have made a great template for the Penguins to have used with a return to the athletic yellow from the vegas gold - minus the front numbers of course (the shoulder piping is okay; it could stay or go).

See, I liked those jerseys for the Islanders and I thought it was one of the best to come out of the complete RBK Edge redesigns, but IMO what they've got now tops those. The 1998-2007 design was really nice, but I think the colors pop off more with the royal than the navy

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing wrong with the Lakers' uniforms is that they should wear the white uniform full-time at home. The gold uniform is good and all, but the Lakers have one of the best white uniforms in the game and it should more than just a once-a-week thing.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The only thing wrong with the Lakers' uniforms is that they should wear the white uniform full-time at home. The gold uniform is good and all, but the Lakers have one of the best white uniforms in the game and it should more than just a once-a-week thing.

I agree with you, but the Lakers yellow home jersey is too strong a tradition for them to just scrap it. It would be the equivalent to the Yankees removing the pinstripes from their jerseys. Some things you just don't :censored: with.

I agree with you, but the Lakers yellow home jersey is too strong a tradition for them to just scrap it. It would be the equivalent to the Yankees removing the pinstripes from their jerseys. Some things you just don't :censored: with.

Actually, I stand corrected. That's not the only problem with the Lakers' uniforms. I also hate that style of collar. They'd look infinitely better if they went back to this collar style:

869e6clni95dgc2ytdndqhlea.gif

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

NFL

Cardinals

Falcons

Broncos

Dolphins

Eagles

Chargers

Rams

Bucs

Bengals

Lions

Yikes... on that list, the Bucs are the only one I could even come close to agreeing with.

Shrugs.... Hey, I'm hard pressed to think of any set that really comes close to the ones I posted, in particular the Eagles, Bucs and Broncos sets. Maybe the mid/late 60's Chargers set,minus the yellow pants, Bengals previous set, and Falcons 90's set.

I was going to mention the Sox, but the switch from the diamond sock patch to the primary logo on the road sleeve for 2011 was a small by significant downgrade.

Same here. That sleeve patch was too good to replace with the home word mark. They should change it back for 2013.

Cleveland Indians road uniforms:

145299565_extra_large.jpg

Other than the hat, which is rather bland in my opinion, it's the best road uniform the Tribe has ever worn.

The best would be this one, if they eliminated the double outline on the wordmark.

cleveland-indians-road-grey-mlb-replica-jersey-3158039.jpg

The current roads are much better. That script looks fine with "Indians", but not "Cleveland". And the block C caps are one of the best in baseball, IMO.

I was going to mention the Sox, but the switch from the diamond sock patch to the primary logo on the road sleeve for 2011 was a small by significant downgrade.

I agree. Sox have a great look, but bring back the diamond sock patch.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The Isle and Oilers were two teams that came drastically close to perfection in their uniforms in the late 90s, but were never going to be a allowed to have it, because it wasn't what they wore in the 70s and 80s.

The Isle's needed to clean up some inconsistencies on those late 90s unis, but they were pretty close. I enjoyed their first EDGE look too, but I knew it wouldn't stick.

The Oilers may well have had perfection with their 90s and early 2000s look. I enjoyed both variants of the white jersey (the original with navy shoulders, then later on without it).

But fans dig living in the past, so despite how well designed and despite the fact that they evolved directly from the more classic looks, they were never going to be allowed to be permanent. And once they made their changes to their first version of Edge uniforms, you knew they'd change soon, and you knew they'd go retro.

So now they're both stuck with the garish combination of that bright royal blue and bright orange with both colors featured in large chunks (rather than one as light trim), and both uniforms suffer from certain striping inconsistencies that drive me crazy.

Fans are fans and they want what they want. They drove that change, they're happy, so be it. But I think both franchise made monumentally poor decisions by living in the past.

I agree with you 100% on the Oilers. That update was outstanding. And I still think that it may have had staying power if they'd kept it on the edge jersey. Instead they had easily the biggest downgrade of that whole "edge" fiasco. There were some other downgrades and uniforms I did not like, but it was the only one where I just could not see any way that someone could say "yeah, this is better." And with the 80s look back, we're never going see it again. I give a slight edge to the blue-shouldered white uniform, but either way...

I am not sure which Isles uniform you are referring to (I am guessing classic logo on "fishticks" template). But with the gray and light blue, I think I'm happy with them going back to a more classic look. On the other hand, if you are referring to the 1998-2002 look, then I totally agree. This is a solid update with the darker colors. I'd say that's the best the Isles have ever looked (though I don't like the four Stanley Cup stripes)

I did mean the 1998-2002 look. Although, I think for the sake of staying power, you can say 2007. Sure they had that orange alt, but the primaries are the once I meant.

Anyways, sounds like we're on basically the same page.

Archived