Teams who are currently wearing their best look

Chawls

The 70s/80s Brewers sets were helped by great logos and a great colour scheme, but killed by poor scripts. Their current set is helped by fantastic scripts and good logos, but killed by a dull colour scheme. I think they'd look great if they essentially just put a recoloured "Brewers" script on that above jersey.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 70s/80s Brewers sets were helped by great logos and a great colour scheme, but killed by poor scripts. Their current set is helped by fantastic scripts and good logos, but killed by a dull colour scheme. I think they'd look great if they essentially just put a recoloured "Brewers" script on that above jersey.

The colors are the only good thing about the current look.

I can understand why he'd think it's black. That is a very dark dark blue.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Someone light up the ColorWerx signal.

Uh, zpqmaowl already took care of that.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Blue Jays without a doubt.

Also the Mets.

Mets50thplayers-600x600.jpg

Other than the '86 look, I love this script:

RCuis.jpg

504436992_80f234c2c6.jpg

:sleeping:

So generic. So boring. I mean, I like classic looks, but that isn't one. It looks like they got some generic lettering done on Cubs blanks or something.

9U893.jpg

They have used different lettering before.

504436992_80f234c2c6.jpg

9U893.jpg

They have used different lettering before.

I myself don't like the script lettering like shown on Higuera's baseball card, in fact I think it looks awful.

I like the other one better ... and with the more royal blue look is a hell of alot better.

To me there's no comparison ... but hey, to each his own

Well, as the CWx image shows, the dark blue is very close to black so it's not much of a stretch to think that some people may think it's black. Everyone's eyes are different, after all.

I hate the current Brewers uniforms with a passion (for many of the same reasons you do), but can't support this assertion. If the current wordmark was inspired by Miller, that artist wasn't very familiar with Miller branding. Looks far more like Coors than Miller.

This was Miller's logo ca. 2000 when the uniforms were introduced... you can certainly see what made them base an identity on blue marks with a white and gold drop shadow.

5442_lg.jpg

And the cap logo looks enough like Miller's to be known locally as the "Miller M," regardless of how obvious it is to us logo-nerds that they're definitely not the same.

Co-and-sign. That's why I would hope that if they ever did bring back the BiG and old colors permanently, they'd come up with some brand new scripts. This is the route I'd go.

unis_MIL_home.png

This was Miller's logo ca. 2000 when the uniforms were introduced... you can certainly see what made them base an identity on blue marks with a white and gold drop shadow.

5442_lg.jpg

No, that was one element in a larger branding scheme for one of their brands. Don't think that script ever rose to the level of a logo.

You'd never say that blue and silver define Anheuser Busch just because they mark one of its brands.

Again, I hate the current Brewers uniforms with the passion only a fan can muster. But lazy shorthand does not become us, no matter how readily adopted by the general public.

The Germanic Brewer set is by far, the worst looking set they have ever worn, by a mile to me. And it's not because of the lack of success in them, because being 19, I grew up with that set.

Wait, you hate the Germanic set simply because you grew up with it?

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

The Germanic Brewer set is by far, the worst looking set they have ever worn, by a mile to me. And it's not because of the lack of success in them, because being 19, I grew up with that set.

Wait, you hate the Germanic set simply because you grew up with it?

No I meant that when most people grow up with a uniform set, they usually always have a soft spot for it, but I don't what so ever. I can see where that could have been confusing.

This seems to be a pretty unpopular opinion, but:

rapshigh5.jpg

I get that the previous set was loved for its uniqueness, but I just don't like how the purple and red looked together at all. The road jerseys looked too cluttered trying to balance red, black, and purple with silver thrown in there as well. The three-colour colour scheme just looks so much cleaner. I do, however, think purple/black/silver would have looked better.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Archived