Punny Team/Stadium Names

nash61

I was thinking the other day about team names, and some came to mind that actually form puns when put together.

Examples:

The Buffalo Bills

Farmers Field

Anyone have any others?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Butte Pirates?

(Provided they still exist.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Forgot about the aforementioned Poca Dots

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Great American Ball Park ... It was quite a while before I realized it had naming rights for an insurance company.

I have always wanted the San Francisco Giants to sell their ballpark naming rights to Ralph Lauren. (I leave it to you to figure out why.)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

I also didn't know Wrigley Field was named after the gum Wrigley.

It's not...

Well, it kindof is. The guy who started Wrigley owned the Cubs at one point, and that's who the stadium is named after.

Also, the Penguins used to play in an arena that resembled and was nicknamed "The Igloo".

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Archived