2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks like an utterly fantastic seating configuration for basketball (much like the Pacers' court), but it seems like it wouldn't quite work for the hockey seating they mentioned in previous articles. Its as if there would be way too many seats situated too far from the ice, especially in the corners...or am I missing something???

the official uni doc doesn't show the Knicks St. Pat's unis for this season, so maybe they haven't made one with the new design template?

I can confirm this as well - I have individual uniform sheets from the league that only designate six different "Cultural" unis for 2012-2013:

Heat (White Hot), Trail Blazers (Rip City), Bulls (St. Patrick's Day), Celtics (St. Patrick's Day), Hornets (Mardi Gras), and Raptors (Canadian Armed Forces).

No Knicks.

That looks like an utterly fantastic seating configuration for basketball (much like the Pacers' court), but it seems like it wouldn't quite work for the hockey seating they mentioned in previous articles. Its as if there would be way too many seats situated too far from the ice, especially in the corners...or am I missing something???

they just released this

http://www.sonicsare...s/hockey-anyone

spacer.png

they just released this

It's good to see that they didn't make accommodations for player benches, penalty boxes or a scorers table...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

capturesom.jpg

This would be pretty sweet. All 3 in a row like that and they all look really cool. The architecture goes very well together, as Art Vandelay would say.

I think it would be better if the arena had an arch or arches to match Safeco and CenturyLink.

But it still looks good.

P.S., future tenant...

8557850671_acec93a847_n.jpg

HockeyView_MainConcourse.jpg

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

they just released this

Oh okay, well that seems to work quite nicely as well. I'm a fan. I'm a bit surprised that they didn't load the place up with a ton of luxury boxes like some of the other new venues. It seems like all of the new arenas that have opened in recent years are chock full of boxes. Its as if they are missing another 40 boxes.

they just released this

Oh okay, well that seems to work quite nicely as well. I'm a fan. I'm a bit surprised that they didn't load the place up with a ton of luxury boxes like some of the other new venues. It seems like all of the new arenas that have opened in recent years are chock full of boxes. Its as if they are missing another 40 boxes.

I think the nearly-courtside row of boxes probably makes up for that.

Really hard to imagine how well the standing rows would work in real life. Would suck to be stuck in the second row up there...

they just released this

I think the nearly-courtside row of boxes probably makes up for that.

Really hard to imagine how well the standing rows would work in real life. Would suck to be stuck in the second row up there...

I'm not too sure about that. I believe that the whole idea of luxury suites is to provide a number of amenities to the client along with a certain amount of privacy that court side seats or boxes couldn't provide. I have actually seen a basketball game from a luxury suite in Miami after being moved there by a friend who was an arena employee when a box was vacant, and I can say that the view was terrible but the amenities were awesome. Therefore, I can see the allure of the boxes but in the end could never allow myself to ever buy one if and when I ever had the cash.

Scored $27 tickets for an empty suite last year for the Kings on a Monday night, and it was worse than the upper level. There were no amenities in it, and the only food is on the first level of suites (we were on the third). The view was really no better than the 300 level, so I guess the amenities make it or break it. And I guess the opportunity to be social helps because you're not sitting ten in a row, but if that's your only reason for going to a game, …

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

Scored $27 tickets for an empty suite last year for the Kings on a Monday night, and it was worse than the upper level. There were no amenities in it, and the only food is on the first level of suites (we were on the third). The view was really no better than the 300 level, so I guess the amenities make it or break it. And I guess the opportunity to be social helps because you're not sitting ten in a row, but if that's your only reason for going to a game, …

Dude, that f-ing sucks. We had all sorts of amenities; wings, chicken fingers, appetizers, etc. There was a custom suite with lounge chairs, HDTV's, and high end kitchen and bathroom. We also had access to a private club and bar where we had some complementary drinks; It was incredible. That being said, it actually took away from the game experience. If I'm a true sports fan then all I want to do is be close to the action and see the game. I can see why they offer up all of these other things...I guess its because people aren't really fans and they want to just be part of the "event" and they crave all of this other crap.

they just released this

It's good to see that they didn't make accommodations for player benches, penalty boxes or a scorers table...

Initial renderings, my man. You notice there's not even a scoreboard? These aren't the blueprints.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived