New WWE Title Design

KidBro

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just for the record, the current WWE championship isn't a spinner anymore. I realize that's how we identify the belt. But I believe it hasn't has the WWE logo spin since Miz won it and they had the logo upside down to make an "M".

Either way, gimmicky belts are stupid. WWE need to come up with something that does have a little colour and has a globe on it, preferably a eagle on it as well. Those are the elements that most WWE championship belts have had on them since I was a kid watching the "new generation" era.

The spinner has been locked since No Mercy 2007.

This thread has led me to the realization that WWE has never really had a decent title belt. "Big Green" (the belt Hogan beat the Iron Shiek for) was just plain ugly, the "Hogan 86" belt (the one Hogan wore to Wrestlemania III) used the most generic template in Wrestling history, the "Winged Eagle" was ok, but it was always outclassed by the Intercontinental belt (which is arguably the bigger prize in hindsight, seeing as how WWE has buried pretty much all of its better known pre-Attitude era champs), the Attitude era belt was fine for its time, but now looks almost as cartoonish as the spinner, the "undesputed belt" is meh at best (yet it was still a massive downgrade from the spinner) and using the "spinner" for as long as they have makes even less sense than it would have to make Stone Cold's "Smokin' Skull" belt the permanent prize.

Also, count me in the camp that's surprised the E has stuck with that stupid "scratch" logo for as long as they have. Given Vince's stance that WWE is totally a serious entertainment company (and not a lowly "wrestling promotion"), you'd think they'd have ditched it for something more corporate.

Just for the record, the current WWE championship isn't a spinner anymore. I realize that's how we identify the belt. But I believe it hasn't has the WWE logo spin since Miz won it and they had the logo upside down to make an "M".

Either way, gimmicky belts are stupid. WWE need to come up with something that does have a little colour and has a globe on it, preferably a eagle on it as well. Those are the elements that most WWE championship belts have had on them since I was a kid watching the "new generation" era.

The spinner has been locked since No Mercy 2007.

Thanks, I couldn't remember exactly when.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Just asking: Shouldn't this be in the General Deaign forum?

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Just asking: Shouldn't this be in the General Deaign forum?

Yes, I think so. In my original post I said I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be in this category.

I'm still not sure what the new design will be. We've only seen one plate, and we're not sure if it's the centre plate or just a side plate. So I'll reserve judgment until it's unveiled. It'll have to be pretty horrid to not be an improvement over the Spinner though.

As for past designs, I think illwauk is onto something. The classic winged eagle is probably the best and most iconic of the old designs. The Attitude Era Championship belt just looked cheap, especially next to the WCW equivalent.

Bump, because I want to see what people have to say about the second design.

Just that little bit of colour is an improvement in my books. Still missing the globe and the eagle if you ask me.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Why not go the "platinum" look like the old ECW title that Mark Henry and Matt Hardy and Christian had for a while. I LOVED the look of that belt. Why not bring it back, since it was basically brand new when ECW was dissolved anyway and put WWE Champion on it instead of ECW Champion? Just my two cents.

Just for reference

Why not go the "platinum" look like the old ECW title that Mark Henry and Matt Hardy and Christian had for a while. I LOVED the look of that belt. Why not bring it back, since it was basically brand new when ECW was dissolved anyway and put WWE Champion on it instead of ECW Champion? Just my two cents.

Just for reference

Because it doesn't look platinum It looks silver and no one want to get silver especially when there is a guy on the other bran with a giant ass gold veld with doamonds

Archived