2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No matter if he shouldn't have thrown the flag or not, that's an absolutely STUPID rule. So the refs :censored: up, you throw the challenge flag because its so freaking obvious they screwed up, and then you lose the option to challenge because of that? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Any coach can now throw a flag if they dont want a review so Tom Brady can score after being tackled and Bellicheat can throw the flag and no review. Total :censored:ing joke. Get the play right if the coach tosses the flag who the hell cares

Ok make a penalty of Scwartz 15 yards, but review the damn play.

Right. The league is structured to benefit only the New England Patriots.

Better a cheater than a drug addict like Mercury Morris.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Welp, that's the Lions for ya. Another bone headed play costs us a game. I've been saying for over a year now that Schwartz was a good organizational change to improve the team mentality. But it's time for a change. Need someone who is a winner, not a whiner. Schwartz gets too emotional on the sidelines.

And Schwartz admitted after the game that he knew the rule, just got carried away. There's the problem. But I'm still maintaining that it should never have reached that point. I don't understand how the crew misses a call that obvious in action.

The NFL is so freakin screwed up. How in the hell can you have a rule that states, "A coach can challenge a play, unless that play was going to be reviewed anyway thus correcting the original bad call by the refs and on top of that we will penalize the team of the coach who threw the flag because we don't want to be told we screwed up." That's the rule. The intelligent thing to do is let the coach know the play is being reviewed by the league and the challenge is ignored and the team challenging the play will still have their challenge.

This. The NFL has WAY too many rules and the refs and Goodell are full of themselves.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Question: What if (to screw with NFL rules) Gary Kubiak had thrown his red challenge flag on the play? Would the touchdown, which benefited his own team, still have stood because instant replay would be revoked?

6uXNWAo.png

Question: What if (to screw with NFL rules) Gary Kubiak had thrown his red challenge flag on the play? Would the touchdown, which benefited his own team, still have stood because instant replay would be revoked?

At least the way the rule is described to me, it would be a major loop-hole. Throwing the flag would be a dead-ball "Delay of Game" penalty, thus making the previous play impossible to review from the booth.

Gostowski just missed his second field goal in two weeks. That's pathetic.

Plenty of time left.

Gregory just picked off Sanchez as I wrote this.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived