2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before this season starts let me explain why the New York Giants are my most hated team in the NFL. So today was the first day of school at my high school which happens to be loaded with fair-weathered Giants fans. Today I was walking around and talking to a few of them that I know, and asking them about the game. Some of the responses that I got included:

"Oh the game is tonight?"

"Is the game in Dallas or New York"

I don't think you live in NY, but to most New Yorkers, New Jersey may as well be in Dallas.

20091201_newyorker_america.png

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Well Dallas finally did it. They managed to hold a 4th quarter lead. Could this be their year?

Oh who am I kidding, it's Dallas, they'll start off hot and go 9-7, just missing out on the playoffs.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Where's the thread where we post our weekly W-L predictions for each game. You know, for example:

Redskins @ Saints

That thing.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Where's the thread where we post our weekly W-L predictions for each game. You know, for example:

Redskins @ Saints

That thing.

This?

That's the one. Thank you.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I was proud of the Cowboys tonight. They actually held onto a lead! Our defense looks good. No other way to put it. At times, they were dominant.

Romo played a great game and Murray had a good one too. The only problem was the suckfest that was the Cowboys' o-line. 12 penalties on the o-line, 12?! Cowboys gotta fix that. Inexcusable. We're lucky that those penalties didn't cost Dallas the game. If they fix that and get more push in the running game pass block a bit better, the NFL better watch out for these Cowboys. The o-line is their only weakness, albeit, a very big one.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The Giants lose the opener, yet it feels like they have the Cowboys and the rest of the league right where they want them. They're like the anti-Patriots. Like CS85, they actually know how to finish.

6uXNWAo.png

Do you have a problem with Payton in particular?

The reason why he's suspended for a year, for starters....

And we're still waiting for solid evidence which the league for whatever reason can't or won't produce. Before anybody jumps in, sure, something was going on and it should have been stopped much earlier than it was. But...from what they've shown, it wasn't anything like what the league alleged, and also, if the NFL was soooo concerned about this, why didn't they go through every team's computers, emails, and defensive meeting presentations?

Oh, because the possibility that they might have discovered lots of teams had been throwing out the same rhetoric in their meetings was an anthill Mr. Goodell didn't want to kick.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

And we're still waiting for solid evidence which the league for whatever reason can't or won't produce.

The NFL doesn't need to release everything to the public. "Bountygate" happened under Payton's watch. He's lucky he only got one year!

6uXNWAo.png

And we're still waiting for solid evidence which the league for whatever reason can't or won't produce. Before anybody jumps in, sure, something was going on and it should have been stopped much earlier than it was. But...from what they've shown, it wasn't anything like what the league alleged, and also, if the NFL was soooo concerned about this, why didn't they go through every team's computers, emails, and defensive meeting presentations?

Oh, because the possibility that they might have discovered lots of teams had been throwing out the same rhetoric in their meetings was an anthill Mr. Goodell didn't want to kick.

Hey Dude, the Rams don't have a permanent acting defensive coordinator because the league made crap up.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived