2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

I'll admit, when I first clicked the link, I thought it was going to be a politician from a rural, more conservative part of Maryland, but he is from the city of Baltimore, which is one of the most liberal cities in the country. It's just an opinion; it's not gonna hurt anybody, and I highly doubt it's gonna effect his play.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What Rams80 said.

Vilma bitched his way out of New York, and has just done the same with this suspension. What a :censored:!

Hey, what's your mailing address and size? I have an extra Saints t-shirt I can send you. :P

Maybe the court got it right. Wait, no, that couldn't be, could it? I mean, they've seen the evidence and we've seen what the NFL wanted us to see, so the league has to be the ones telling the whole truth.

Yeah, that adds up.

Ironically, unless Lofton's ankle starts acting up, Vilma's coming back to sit the bench. Also creates an awkward situation for the Saints, who will have to cut somebody who thought he made the team.

Actually they don't have to cut anyone. They can still only dress 46 a game, but they have 2 exemptions due to the suspensions, so they can carry 55 on the roster. I'm sure those exemptions will stay until its all finally sorted out.

My timeline was littered with the Vilma post yesterday.

A court in Louisiana overturning the Saints past/current players' suspensions is just as shocking as the court in Minnesota overturning the NFL's suspensions of two Vikings players for drugs.

The NFL will appeal it, but these judges can at least say, "I did my part in trying to better the local football team. Vote for me!"......

A court in Louisiana overturning the Saints past/current players' suspensions is just as shocking as the court in Minnesota overturning the NFL's suspensions of two Vikings players for drugs.

The NFL will appeal it, but these judges can at least say, "I did my part in trying to better the local football team. Vote for me!"......

The three member panel consisted of two retired federal judges from NYC and SF with a Georgetown professor.

Here's what the Ravens should write back:

Dear Mr Burns,

Kindly go f*** yourself with a rake.

Love,

The Baltimore Ravens

Did you get that idea from The Big Lead?

RexKramerDangerSeeker Says:

September 6th, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Dear Delegate Burns,

Kindly go :censored: yourself.

Sincerely,

Steven Biscotti

I have never read The Big Lead before in my life much less The Big Lead's comments section. So, no. It's not like it's that clever a response so it's not surprising someone else thought similarly. In this case though, I don't think delegate Burns deserves a clever response.

How about this?

Dear Mr. Burns,

Mind your own :censored:ing business.

Love,

The Baltimore Ravens

A response like that, on official Ravens letterhead, would make me instantly stop hating that football team so much.

Also, I take it Delegate Burns isn't a hockey fan where many players across the league have endorsed equality in same-sex marriages and the participation of openly gay players.

I give you Mr. Chris Kluwe. Who's hilarious, and is probably one of the most vocal players in the NFL and he's a Punter.

Dear Emmett C. Burns Jr.,

I find it inconceivable that you are an elected official of Maryland's state government. Your vitriolic hatred and bigotry make me ashamed and disgusted to think that you are in any way responsible for shaping policy at any level. The views you espouse neglect to consider several fundamental key points, which I will outline in great detail (you may want to hire an intern to help you with the longer words):

1. As I suspect you have not read the Constitution, I would like to remind you that the very first, the VERY FIRST Amendment in this founding document deals with the freedom of speech, particularly the abridgment of said freedom. By using your position as an elected official (when referring to your constituents so as to implicitly threaten the Ravens organization) to state that the Ravens should "inhibit such expressions from your employees," more specifically Brendon Ayanbadejo, not only are you clearly violating the First Amendment, you also come across as a narcissistic fromunda stain. What on earth would possess you to be so mind-boggingly stupid? It baffles me that a man such as yourself, a man who relies on that same First Amendment to pursue your own religious studies without fear of persecution from the state, could somehow justify stifling another person's right to speech. To call that hypocritical would be to do a disservice to the word. Mind:censored:ing obscenely hypocritical starts to approach it a little bit.

2. "Many of your fans are opposed to such a view and feel it has no place in a sport that is strictly for pride, entertainment, and excitement." Holy :censored:ing :censored:balls. Did you seriously just say that, as someone who's "deeply involved in government task forces on the legacy of slavery in Maryland"? Have you not heard of Kenny Washington? Jackie Robinson? As recently as 1962 the NFL still had segregation, which was only done away with by brave athletes and coaches daring to speak their mind and do the right thing, and you're going to say that political views have "no place in a sport"? I can't even begin to fathom the cognitive dissonance that must be coursing through your rapidly addled mind right now; the mental gymnastics your brain has to tortuously contort itself through to make such a preposterous statement are surely worthy of an Olympic gold medal (the Russian judge gives you a 10 for "beautiful oppressionism").

3. This is more a personal quibble of mine, but why do you hate freedom? Why do you hate the fact that other people want a chance to live their lives and be happy, even though they may believe in something different than you, or act different than you? How does gay marriage, in any way shape or form, affect your life? If gay marriage becomes legal, are you worried that all of a sudden you'll start thinking about penis? "Oh :censored:. Gay marriage just passed. Gotta get me some of that hot dong action!" Will all of your friends suddenly turn gay and refuse to come to your Sunday Ticket grill-outs? (Unlikely, since gay people enjoy watching football too.)

I can assure you that gay people getting married will have zero effect on your life. They won't come into your house and steal your children. They won't magically turn you into a lustful cockmonster. They won't even overthrow the government in an orgy of hedonistic debauchery because all of a sudden they have the same legal rights as the other 90 percent of our population?rights like Social Security benefits, child care tax credits, Family and Medical Leave to take care of loved ones, and COBRA healthcare for spouses and children. You know what having these rights will make gays? Full-fledged American citizens just like everyone else, with the freedom to pursue happiness and all that entails. Do the civil-rights struggles of the past 200 years mean absolutely nothing to you?

In closing, I would like to say that I hope this letter, in some small way, causes you to reflect upon the magnitude of the colossal foot in mouth cluster:censored: you so brazenly unleashed on a man whose only crime was speaking out for something he believed in. Best of luck in the next election; I'm fairly certain you might need it.

Sincerely,

Chris Kluwe

P.S. I've also been vocal as hell about the issue of gay marriage so you can take your "I know of no other NFL player who has done what Mr. Ayanbadejo is doing" and shove it in your close-minded, totally lacking in empathy piehole and choke on it. :censored:.

Link.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred (the hateful, mean-spirited, offensive language in Klewe's letter) cannot overcome hatred (Burns' "hatred" in asking the Ravens to remain neutral); only love can do that." -Dr. King

bYhYmxh.png

I'll admit, when I first clicked the link, I thought it was going to be a politician from a rural, more conservative part of Maryland, but he is from the city of Baltimore, which is one of the most liberal cities in the country. It's just an opinion; it's not gonna hurt anybody, and I highly doubt it's gonna effect his play.

He's from Baltimore County... an entirely separate political entity from Baltimore City and is considerably much more rural and conservative than the Baltimore (City) that everyone knows for the Colts, Orioles and Ravens.

Hedley learn the facts before spouting off comments that show your hatred for Louisiana. You are crossing into Cleve-jacker territory

Agreed... it's not as if I bring up my hatred for Atlanta (for being a soul-less sun belt city and glorified corporate business park that sold out what little actual culture it had so they could host the Olympics) where it's not necessary. :P

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred (the hateful, mean-spirited, offensive language in Klewe's letter) cannot overcome hatred (Burns' "hatred" in asking the Ravens to remain neutral); only love can do that." -Dr. King

Dude, sometimes swearing and insults are the only way to express the emotion behind a statement. If being called a "narcissistic fromunda stain" and "mind-bogglingly stupid" shocks idiots like Burns into accepting that gay people are indeed human beings with rights, why should we complain?

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Dude, sometimes swearing and insults are the only way to express the emotion behind a statement. If being called a "narcissistic fromunda stain" and "mind-bogglingly stupid" shocks idiots like Burns into accepting that gay people are indeed human beings with rights, why should we complain?

Because it makes the key argument of "no hate" look like a "do as we say, not as we do" value.

bYhYmxh.png

He's from Baltimore County... an entirely separate political entity from Baltimore City and is considerably much more rural and conservative than the Baltimore (City) that everyone knows for the Colts, Orioles and Ravens.

He's still a black Democrat, a group that's often let off the hook for atavistic attitudes regarding homosexuality just because they aren't white Republicans.

EDIT: He appears to be a Baptist minister. That explains it. Most people are properly assailed and shamed for these things, but when it comes out of the black church, there's always a lot of hemming and hawing about the importance of community leadership and so on.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

He's still a black Democrat, a group that's often let off the hook for atavistic attitudes regarding homosexuality just because they aren't white Republicans.

EDIT: He appears to be a Baptist minister. That explains it. Most people are properly assailed and shamed for these things, but when it comes out of the black church, there's always a lot of hemming and hawing about the importance of community leadership and so on.

Acquire the title "Reverend", or in this case be a "religious leader" and all forms of douchebaggery are possible.

In honor of the commencement of the 2012 NFL season (please ignore the Bears pictures; this song fits for any team):

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Very proud of the Pats right now. Keep it up boys!

Proud? The Patriots doing what they're supposed to do against a team like Tennessee, especially with that noob quarterback of theirs.

Cujo has a point. I'll be more proud of the Patriots when they're making the Jets look foolish. Again.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Archived