2012 NFL Season Thread

BlueSky

Please NFL, and NFLRA, get a deal done. These refs are terrible. I feel bad for them because they went from low level college, arena and lingerie ( :wacko: ) games to the National Football League.

Fixed your post

Very true :P

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL moved the trade deadline back two weeks to week 8. This is a good idea, week 6 was way too early imo. I think we'll see more deadline moves from now on.

And just curious, where is the NFL getting the replacement officials from?

And there was the case in week 1 where they hired a guy who worked in the Lingerie League.

Might as well get Pop Warner refs.

Teams are cutting down to 53 players today. So far, Deion Branch, Dan Koppen and Tim Hightower have been given their walking papers.

NFL.com Cut Tracker

Can add Vernon Gholston to the list of name cuts, pretty much cementing him as one of the biggest draft busts in NFL history.

Also Senace Wallace has been cut by Cleveland and Ovie Mughelli (2010 Pro Bowler) by the Rams.

The St. Louis Rams are going into the regular season with a healing Sam Bradford and a rookie UDFA at QB and no offensive line to speak of. Jeff Fisher has ice water in his veins and puts it all on green just for the hell of it.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Maurice Jones-Drew has ended his holdout without a new deal. Jaguar fans can now rejoice a 3-win season instead of 1.

I don't get it at all. I don't blame MJD one bit for holding out. The guy is making less money then Marshawn Lynch and I don't think anyone is going to argue that Marshawn Lynch is somehow the better investment. But if your going to hold out like this for a new contract at least see it through to the end. Otherwise you just come out of it looking like an idiot.

Pretty hard to argue that MJD's holdout was anything other then a complete failure. Not only did he not get what he wanted, its costing him over $1 million on top of it.

Maurice Jones-Drew has ended his holdout without a new deal. Jaguar fans can now rejoice a 3-win season instead of 1.

I don't get it at all. I don't blame MJD one bit for holding out. The guy is making less money then Marshawn Lynch and I don't think anyone is going to argue that Marshawn Lynch is somehow the better investment. But if your going to hold out like this for a new contract at least see it through to the end. Otherwise you just come out of it looking like an idiot.

Pretty hard to argue that MJD's holdout was anything other then a complete failure. Not only did he not get what he wanted, its costing him over $1 million on top of it.

I do...he's under contract.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

As long as contracts aren't guaranteed a team can just cut a player, I don't blame them for trying to get as much money as they can. With that said, MJD's holdout was pretty pointless since he just decided to come back without making any progress on a new deal.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

As long as contracts aren't guaranteed a team can just cut a player, I don't blame them for trying to get as much money as they can. With that said, MJD's holdout was pretty pointless since he just decided to come back without making any progress on a new deal.

Pretty much.

It can't be a one way street. If an owner has the right to tear up the contract of any player underperforming it, then a player should have the right to tear up the contract as well if he overperforms it. Don't like it, blame the system. That's what the players and owners agreed on, and it doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon.

As far as MJD goes, I would say crisis negotiator is out as a post football career option for him.

Today's "...but no pressure" award goes to Washington's Josh Morgan, who may have set the bar just a shade high for his teammate RGIII:

===

“He’s as fast as Michael Vick but he can make all the throws that Peyton Manning can make and he can make all the reads Tom Brady can make,” Morgan said. “He’s got the whole package.”

===

Good luck with that.

And here's a Q & A with the new O-coordinator of the DFW area Liberty Christian Warriors. He has year off from his old job so he's helping out with his son's 6th-grade team:

0321-us-sports-seanpaytonsuspend_full_600.jpg

I don't think he gets a headset in the new gig. What I found hilarious is that he's using the same terminology the Saints use. They won their first game 30-0. Hardly seems fair. B)

0321-us-sports-seanpaytonsuspend_full_600.jpg

I am so sick of seeing this a**holes face. He's out for the entire year, yet it seems like he's on every channel and website I visit.

Here, let me quote you quoting me so you get one more. :P

If it was any other coach under the circumstances, it would be the same thing. Do you have a problem with Payton in particular?

Before this season starts let me explain why the New York Giants are my most hated team in the NFL. So today was the first day of school at my high school which happens to be loaded with fair-weathered Giants fans. Today I was walking around and talking to a few of them that I know, and asking them about the game. Some of the responses that I got included:

"Oh the game is tonight?"

"Is the game in Dallas or New York"

Before this season starts let me explain why the New York Giants are my most hated team in the NFL. So today was the first day of school at my high school which happens to be loaded with fair-weathered Giants fans. Today I was walking around and talking to a few of them that I know, and asking them about the game. Some of the responses that I got included:

Don't fret, they are just as unaware of your blog too.

1) That serves no proof that the NY Giants are the most hated team in the NFL. And besides, it's not even close. Dallas, Oakland, and Pittsburgh are certainly higher up than the Giants, possibly New England as well.

2) I didn't know until I saw a Madden 13 clip that the Bucs were playing the Panthers to start the season. I honestly hadn't looked at the schedule at all. That stuff just kinda happens. There are much better ways to prove fair-weather-ness.

spacer.png

Archived