Penn State considering uniform overhaul

kajeet

I actually thought the same thing when I saw this yesterday...the eyes and teeth are eerily similar...very creepy

There's no similarity. Sandusky doesn't have four canine fangs showing and nothing else. And the eyes are only similar because they are round and have reflection of light. Cool.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just slap this sucker on a White helmet and call it good:

PennState_YMK01a_2008-9999_SCC_SRGB.png

(Nobody panic. This is a Youth Mark.)

sandusky.jpeg

Maybe it's just me who sees the similarity.

What year did that debut? They may very well have crafted that character's facial structure after Sandusky in homage to him prior to being disgraced.

Seriously? Seriously? Come on, man. That's crazy, some of y'all mofos are just grasping at straws now.

Seriously, you don't see it?

There's nothing similar about the lion and Sandusky. You want to see something that isn't there.

Why would I want to see a pedophile in a child's logo? Personally I see a distinct similarity with the Nittany Lion and Sandusky. You don't and that's perfectly acceptable. I wish I didn't see it, but I do.

Manchester-City-icon.png

I think a formal change to Pennsylvania State University for sports would be a nice way for a new beginning. But that's from someone thousands of miles away with no connection whatsoever to the college.

Even if they did make that the "official" name, nobody would call it that. Nobody calls the academic side of things "Pennsylvania State" either.

True. Still many people out there saying Pitt instead of Pittsburgh.

But, if you say it, eventually, it will become the norm. Has to start somewhere. Growing up I never remember THE Ohio State University. It was just Ohio State. But, at some point people started referring to it as THE and that became the norm.

I bet if the Penn Staters in the NFL started referring to it as The Pennsylvania State University for their starting lineup intros on TV, it would begin to catch on.

I think a formal change to Pennsylvania State University for sports would be a nice way for a new beginning. But that's from someone thousands of miles away with no connection whatsoever to the college.

Even if they did make that the "official" name, nobody would call it that. Nobody calls the academic side of things "Pennsylvania State" either.

But, if you say it, eventually, it will become the norm. Has to start somewhere. Growing up I never remember THE Ohio State University. It was just Ohio State. But, at some point people started referring to it as THE and that became the norm.

I bet if the Penn Staters in the NFL started referring to it as The Pennsylvania State University for their starting lineup intros on TV, it would begin to catch on.

You'd be better off pushing for PSU. Pennsylvania State University is waaaay to much of a mouthful to ever get much traction. That's the very sizable hurdle.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Seriously? Seriously? Come on, man. That's crazy, some of y'all mofos are just grasping at straws now.

If you couldn't tell from my reaction, let me say it again, slowly.

Seriously. I. Do. Not. See. It.

I don't know how you or the others do. I'm not trying to offend, but this statement may be offensive. I think there is something off about you if you see Jerry Sandusky in the Penn State youth mark. I'm sorry, but ain't no damn way.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Players might say THE during primetime game intros, but just Ohio State is still much more popular. Ask somebody who they're playing or where they go to school and you'll probably get "Ohio State" as the answer.

And there's no reason to go away from saying Penn State. Pennsylvania State is just a mouthful and would never catch on. PSU would be fine, but Penn State is less syllables and just easier to say.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Players might say THE during primetime game intros, but just Ohio State is still much more popular. Ask somebody who they're playing or where they go to school and you'll probably get "Ohio State" as the answer.

And there's no reason to go away from saying Penn State. Pennsylvania State is just a mouthful and would never catch on. PSU would be fine, but Penn State is less syllables and just easier to say.

It's like how, when you ask someone where they're from, you're typically hear "PA" instead of "Pennsylvania."

"Penn State" is here to stay.

You'd be better off pushing for PSU. Pennsylvania State University is waaaay to much of a mouthful to ever get much traction. That's the very sizable hurdle.

I think PSU could actually work if they put that on the helmet. How often do you hear people referring to "Louisiana State?"

I don't know how you or the others do. I'm not trying to offend, but this statement may be offensive. I think there is something off about you if you see Jerry Sandusky in the Penn State youth mark. I'm sorry, but ain't no damn way.

you. are. blind. or. do. not. want. to. see. it.

you. are. blind. or. do. not. want. to. see. it.

Seriously, stop it with the hijacking and trolling. Just stop.

Given all that's happened, just take your medicine. People are going to mock PSU because they're justifiably outraged, and humour helps people to cope with that. It'll pass, just give it time. Trying to get them to stop won't work to your advantage.

Given all that's happened, just take your medicine. People are going to mock PSU because they're justifiably outraged, and humour helps people to cope with that. It'll pass, just give it time. Trying to get them to stop won't work to your advantage.

This board and this topic is for discussion about sports branding.

There is already a perfectly fine thread to troll and getting your jollies off in the Sports In General forum:

Just keep it out of this thread and off of this board.

This is part of the problem - it's insinuating that anyone with a PSU affiliation is guilty of something.

It's a little naive of the Bully to not expect that some kind of not-so-funny pedophilia joke would invade this thread, and it's counter productive for him to yell and scream about it, but it's also not right to tell him to "take his medicine" as if the jokes are a payback for something that he's guilty of.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Calling people who are angry at Penn State for all of this "trolls" won't help you either.

Don't put words in my mouth. People have every right to be upset and angry at Penn State; however, the folks who are hijacking this thread aren't angry at all; they're mental midgets who think they're being funny by posting barbs. There is nothing humorous about child abuse.

This is part of the problem - it's insinuating that anyone with a PSU affiliation is guilty of something.

It's a little naive of the Bully to not expect that some kind of not-so-funny pedophilia joke would invade this thread, and it's counter productive for him to yell and scream about it, but it's also not right to tell him to "take his medicine" as if the jokes are a payback for something that he's guilty of.

Amen to your first point.

I've ignored it in the past, but when I'm trying to have a legitimate discussion and debate and all people can do is get themselves off on trolling and hijacking said discussion, it gets extremely annoying.

I've hit the "Report" button more times than I can count for individual posts in order to keep this discussion legitimate and on-topic. Action was taken on only one occasion.

Archived