Every Olympic Logo since 1924

AndrewPF

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That Chicago logo would make an excellent logo for the Games themselves, though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Those are bid logos, almost always radically different from the end design.

Rio is official, Chicago was a rejected bid logo, replaced with this.

To add detail, it was rejected because the torch is not allowed to be in the (bid?) logos. It was originally the official bid logo before that happened.

Gotta go with Torino. The Munich logo kills my eyes. The Rome logo, it looks like they're trying to milk that thing.

Would love to hear the reasoning behind the design direction of some of these logos.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Always liked Mexico 68, Lillihamer 94, Torino 2010, and I like Rio's for 2016.

One of the worst are any of the colorized versions from this year. After reading one of the articles from the Guardian newspaper when it came out all I can see is Lisa Simpson doing something unspeakable. :shocked:

I think you're forgetting something. :P

Whoops! How did that happen?! I hyperlinked to it, I know I did.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived