College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a look at Kennesaw State's new court. Also, new uniforms for basketball will be unveiled next Monday. Adidas. These are the Russell uniforms from last year:

New-Floor.jpg

wnmJa.png

I love that Owl logo on the court. Sometimes logos can be too big for a basketball court, but that is just perfect.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...

Maryland is getting new uniforms and a new court design, but neither have surfaced as of yet.

I hope they don't go the route of Football and replace the M-flag with that tacky-looking "Maryland" wordmark. What better way to complete the steaming dump on Gary Williams's legacy by putting his name on a court plastered with UnderArmour ridiculousness.

On second thought, if Maryland is trying to be Oregon 2.0, if all they do is that silly wordmark, I'd consider it a blessing. I might have to throw something if they try anything like what Towson did with the tiger stripes on the court... or worse.

Maryland is getting new uniforms and a new court design, but neither have surfaced as of yet.

I hope they don't go the route of Football and replace the M-flag with that tacky-looking "Maryland" wordmark. What better way to complete the steaming dump on Gary Williams's legacy by putting his name on a court plastered with UnderArmour ridiculousness.

On second thought, if Maryland is trying to be Oregon 2.0, if all they do is that silly wordmark, I'd consider it a blessing. I might have to throw something if they try anything like what Towson did with the tiger stripes on the court... or worse.

EDIT: fixed link

Word has spread that the new M-Flag (seen below) is going to be used as a replacement to the current. I know people were talking about Terraprint on the court, but I don't see that happening, to be honest. There's no tradition with Maryland football so glam makes sense, but there is with basketball. Uniforms may be flashy, but I don't see "Gary Williams Court" reflecting anything too wild.

MBar_White_3c_186.jpg

Screen-shot-2012-08-025.jpg

new Long Beach State court

This is pretty cool... I wish more schools would do stuff like this.

All LBSU needs to do is put the "The Beach" on all their uniforms, used their 3rd jersey as a template, and everything will be perfect.

0316-long-beach-state-49ers.jpg

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

They're definitely using the Terrafont. The whole point was to unify everything at Maryland under one graphic identity. Football used the "Terps" script, some sports used the M-flag, some used the Maryland wordmark, some used the Testudo logo. To not apply it across the board defeats the purpose.

Now, whether it's a worthwhile logo to use is another matter......

Archived