Houston Texans Concepts

cajunaggie08

I love the bull as a mascot of any team, it's such a great animal to use, so I love when teams can do it right.

For some reason that one with the body of the bull and current head logo looks weird. Maybe because I'm so used to seeing the head alone, which I do like as a logo quite a bit. I always think it would be cool to use full body bulls for teams that use a bull, for some reason they rarely do it. I have seen logos with a full body that looked freaking awesome, but that one doesn't do it for me.

Nice find though, thanks for the share!

2ly2w09.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its simply the fact that its a flat 2D head on a 3D body is what throws it off.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

yea i believe the final 5 names were Texans, Stallions, Bobcatters, . . . and i cant even remeber the last 2, but Texans was definitely the best one. their logo is amazingly good. i dont think Marc Verlander has ever made a bad one. i love everything they did with this identity. the uniforms are a bit bland but whatevs

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

yea i believe the final 5 names were Texans, Stallions, Bobcatters, . . . and i cant even remeber the last 2, but Texans was definitely the best one. their logo is amazingly good. i dont think Marc Verlander has ever made a bad one. i love everything they did with this identity. the uniforms are a bit bland but whatevs

Toros and Apollos.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

I'm a lifelong Houstonian and love everything about the Texans identity. Their focus on one primary logo and one wordmark, and resistance to change, has helped develop a bit of a "stoic" feel, which is ideal for a team with a bit of an arrogant name.

Someone mentioned earlier that the full body logo looked like the primary mark with a clip art bull behind it and I think that's accurate. My idea for a secondary mark would draw from that concept, though. I'd love to see a more detailed bull (maybe even over detailed like the Seahawk bird that's floated around the net) that is designed around a head that's roughly the same shape and tilt as the current primary.

I really didn't care for the Texans nickname at first, but in hindsight they clearly made some great decisions regarding the teams' identity. The only thing I would change about the Texans is their shade of blue... I think it should be "Luv Ya" blue as an homage to Houston's NFL history.

As part of that same display were the results from fan surveys on the team name. Both Apollos and Stallions had more votes than Texans. However, when asked which name was more "inspiring," Texans had the most votes. If I had to guess, the owner just preferred Texans to the rest because it wasn't instantly a poplar name in Houston. In hindsight I'm glad they went with Texans because Stallions seemed too generic and Apollos would have capped off a trifecta of space themed names for Houston. While the space industry is an important aspect of Houston's economy, it by far isn't the only thing in Houston worth referencing too. In a perfect world, Houston would have gotten the Oilers name back, but Bud wasn't going to let that happen.

I think the H(texas)T logo, that's circled in the middle right frame of the first picture, could easily be one of my favorite logos if it were used. I'm a sucker for negative space used well in design. Also I am thankful someone had the sense to nix the full body bull logo, it looks like the primary slapped on to a clipart bull.

Still better than the Bills.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I really didn't care for the Texans nickname at first, but in hindsight they clearly made some great decisions regarding the teams' identity. The only thing I would change about the Texans is their shade of blue... I think it should be "Luv Ya" blue as an homage to Houston's NFL history.

I'm not sure, but I think the Titans may have a problem with that (they still own the rights to the Oilers).

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

I have made a concept for a Texans secondary that I will post later on tonight in the concepts forum.

I took the top full body bull on the first page & I think it looks pretty good.

I was hoping to post today but can't upload photo from work.

I'm not sure, but I think the Titans may have a problem with that (they still own the rights to the Oilers).

The Titans don't own the color, they own the team name. The suggestion was using that light blue. That would have been a bad idea. There was, is, and always will be bitterness towards Bud Adams in Houston. Houstonians love the players and coaches from the Oilers' era, but we wanted nothing to do with Bud. The color is associated with the Oilers, and it was better to start fresh.

Everything that Modell did to Cleveland, Adams did to Houston. It doesn't get the same attention though. Frankly, Houston was glad to be rid of Adams, even at the cost of the Oilers. Too much baggage. It worked out in the end though.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

The Titans don't own the color, they own the team name. The suggestion was using that light blue. That would have been a bad idea. There was, is, and always will be bitterness towards Bud Adams in Houston. Houstonians love the players and coaches from the Oilers' era, but we wanted nothing to do with Bud. The color is associated with the Oilers, and it was better to start fresh.

Everything that Modell did to Cleveland, Adams did to Houston. It doesn't get the same attention though. Frankly, Houston was glad to be rid of Adams, even at the cost of the Oilers. Too much baggage. It worked out in the end though.

If I am not mistaken, I believe the best commissioner (Paul Tagliabue) retired the official colors and team name when the Oilers officially became the Titans. If this is the case, then it would be up to the NFL to decide if the Texans could use those colors. With that being said, I highly doubt the NFL would allow this because it would create to much confusion for the team and bad publicity is not something the NFL wants thrown their way.

spacer.png

Archived