2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

The one bit of hope I have that a "muddling" of their identity or brand will not happen is that the new Jaguar logo (no matter your personal opinion of it), is very much an evolution of some sort of the old logo, and it does contain some teal (it's not like they eliminated the color completely).

Color me as skeptical that they won't unveil a uniform that clutters their brand/identity further, but, at the same time, I think it is still possible that they could unveil something that does wind up giving them a "unified" look/feel (and I'm not saying that a lack of teal immediately means its a failed change).

I guess I'm saying we still need to wait and see what they actually come up with. If part of it includes a teal alternate of some sort, I'd tend to believe that could move the needle toward them "restoring" their earlier identity.

Confirmed that there will be a Teal alt.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far I like everything with the branding of the team. But I do hope the team doesn't go Overboard to the point where the traditional Jaguars brand is so minimized.

I don't know why, but every time II see their new logo I automatically think the Jaguar logo looks like this:

laughing_hyena_mousepad-p144125961356969951envq7_400.jpg

spacer.png

Hey guys!

Been reading these forums for a while so I figured it was time to actually join the conversation.

I've been a Dolphins fan since the late '60s and I dread seeing the logo that Steven Ross rolls out before the draft. The leaked logo looks like something that should be used for a cruise line advertisement. If there's going to be a MAJOR change why not go with the aqua/orange helmet with the white dolphin that was proposed in the late '80s/early 90's?

But in all honesty, I really hope they end up doing what the Bills did with their uni's. Old-school yet modern.

On another note; do we know if the Jags be keeping their color shifting helmets with their new logo?

On another note; do we know if the Jags be keeping their color shifting helmets with their new logo?

With a de-emphasis on teal with the new set, I would expect it to be gone. I'm pretty sure they aren't changing the helmet too drastically though. Some stuff I got from a fan forum the other night has an all black helmet w/ the new logo on it and nothing else

With a de-emphasis on teal with the new set, I would expect it to be gone. I'm pretty sure they aren't changing the helmet too drastically though. Some stuff I got from a fan forum the other night has an all black helmet w/ the new logo on it and nothing else

Yeah I've seen Multiple concepts & mock ups

With teal gold and gloss and flat black. I'm going along the line of black with a combination of gloss and flat something kinda different.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Yeah I've seen Multiple concepts & mock ups

With teal gold and gloss and flat black. I'm going along the line of black with a combination of gloss and flat something kinda different.

I don't mean fan stuff I mean stuff actually put out by the jaguars. They had ticket info pamphlets w/ the helmet on it. Based on the picture we're getting the old helmet with no teal and at most a sublimated thing like the Seahawks

I hope the Bucs don't change. IMO, their white tops with pewter pants is one of the best looks in football.

I agree that the white jerseys look good, but I think their home uniform is the best in the NFL,

spacer.png

Can you post the picture?

Also I went into Lids locker room yesterday and noticed not only was all the Jaguars and Dolphins stuff discounted but so was the Buccaneers Nike stuff. I thought it was worth noting.

I just looked at the Jaguars, Vikings, Dolphins, and Bucs on NFL.com and some of their team shops (well, just Jags and Bucs). All the jerseys for Jags, Vikings, and Dolphins are now discounted to $70. For the Bucs, only LeGarrette Blount's jersey is discounted, and the rest are still $100. Was Lids only selling Blount's jersey?

I'm starting to think the only thing the Bucs are changing is the toilet seat collar.

If only this change was league wide.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I hope the Bucs don't change. IMO, their white tops with pewter pants is one of the best looks in football.

I agree that the white jerseys look good, but I think their home uniform is the best in the NFL,

The Buccs are one of the teams that got it right when they went to the red/pewter, but I do have to admit that I love seeing the creamsicle unis on throwback day. Heck...I even kinda liked those godawful yellow and blue things the Eagles wear every so often.

Also I went into Lids locker room yesterday and noticed not only was all the Jaguars and Dolphins stuff discounted but so was the Buccaneers Nike stuff. I thought it was worth noting.

I just looked at the Jaguars, Vikings, Dolphins, and Bucs on NFL.com and some of their team shops (well, just Jags and Bucs). All the jerseys for Jags, Vikings, and Dolphins are now discounted to $70. For the Bucs, only LeGarrette Blount's jersey is discounted, and the rest are still $100. Was Lids only selling Blount's jersey?

There were a few Bucs jerseys they had on discount neither we're Blount but what caught my eye was the Nike pro-fit sideline shirt was on sale along with the Jags & Dolphins ones. But the Falcons, Steelers, Cowboys and Pats were full price on the wall.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

Any update on whether the Eagles, Packers, Raiders, Falcons, etc. are switching to Nike templates / materials this season?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived