2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

And I don't know why anyone new (or old under an 'assumed' name, as is often requested) would ever leak info when all the majority does is attack the person.

There's a huge difference between attacking and healthy skepticism. I don't see where any attacks took place in this thread.

We need to be able to question the credibility of those claiming to be "in the know" or this whole forum will go to crap. Rumors need to be able to stand up to scrutiny.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is for discussion of 2013 NFL uniform and logo changes.

Discussion, speculation, and rumor-mongering (as well as flat-out prevarication) regarding potential 2014 NFL uniform and logo changes should be confined to the new thread that I have started for said purpose.

Thank you.

NOTE: Please be advised that the establishment of the two separate threads has resulted in some posts that discussed changes in both years getting moved to the new thread focusing on potential 2014 changes.

And I don't know why anyone new (or old under an 'assumed' name, as is often requested) would ever leak info when all the majority does is attack the person.

There's a huge difference between attacking and healthy skepticism. I don't see where any attacks took place in this thread.

We need to be able to question the credibility of those claiming to be "in the know" or this whole forum will go to crap. Rumors need to be able to stand up to scrutiny.

Well, there were some pretty direct challenges with demands for proof, which is impossible to provide without risking someone's job. I wouldn't necessarily call the skepticism I saw "healthy," but hey, to each his own.

And in no way could those two new posters make this forum "go to crap" because there is no possible way to know if they are right or wrong until 2014. So again, believe what you want to believe. Since when does every person on a message board need to be vetted? The frauds will be exposed, as will the insiders. But only IN TIME.

But I'll leave it at that now that the sanctity of the 2013 NFL megathread has been restored.

This thread is for discussion of 2013 NFL uniform and logo changes.

Discussion, speculation, and rumor-mongering (as well as flat-out prevarication) regarding potential 2014 NFL uniform and logo changes should be confined to the new thread that I have started for said purpose.

Thank you.

NOTE: Please be advised that the establishment of the two separate threads has resulted in some posts that discussed changes in both years getting moved to the new thread focusing on potential 2014 changes.

Thank you Brian balance in the universe is restored.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

If by "interesting" you mean "horrible," those are interesting as hell.

This. I don't think camo looks good for any NFL team. Especially for a team that could be much more creative uniform wise.

I have a feeling that the Jaguars go with something military-esque. I don't mind an alternate (think Padres), but I hate the idea of basing an entire team's identity around honoring the military (think Padres).

The Jaguars are one of the last teams that should be playing into the ridiculous notion that "football is war!" Hopefully the US Army-esque shield logo is the extent of it.

Totally agree. The shield logo is fine. It pays tribute to the military in the area, but most people won't even think of that without being told first. Going any further than that is too much.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

So far I like everything with the branding of the team. But I do hope the team doesn't go Overboard to the point where the traditional Jaguars brand is so minimized.

What do you mean by "the traditional Jaguars brand"? What are you concerned about losing?

a division title, duh

:D

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

So far I like everything with the branding of the team. But I do hope the team doesn't go Overboard to the point where the traditional Jaguars brand is so minimized.

What do you mean by "the traditional Jaguars brand"? What are you concerned about losing?

As far as I'm concerned, their "traditional brand" went out the window with the 2009 change...whatever shards were left of that are now conpletely gone with the de-emphasizing of teal. Daggone shame, too.

Y'all better hope the Jaguars don't become the San Diego Padres of the NFL...a team that can't figure out what it wants its brand or identity to be.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The one bit of hope I have that a "muddling" of their identity or brand will not happen is that the new Jaguar logo (no matter your personal opinion of it), is very much an evolution of some sort of the old logo, and it does contain some teal (it's not like they eliminated the color completely).

Color me as skeptical that they won't unveil a uniform that clutters their brand/identity further, but, at the same time, I think it is still possible that they could unveil something that does wind up giving them a "unified" look/feel (and I'm not saying that a lack of teal immediately means its a failed change).

I guess I'm saying we still need to wait and see what they actually come up with. If part of it includes a teal alternate of some sort, I'd tend to believe that could move the needle toward them "restoring" their earlier identity.

Archived