2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

If "misappropriation of trade secrets" wasn't something you could get sued for, then thousands of bitter fired employees would let all types of company secrets loose.

Yet he was willing to tell of us, as much as he thought he could get away with, while he had a job.

More likely is he never worked for nike and was tired of having to answer questions he didn't have the answers to.

Umm, he has his own website with his portfolio on it. It showed what projects he was part of. Did he plan this whole thing so well that he went through the trouble of making a fake website? I even found his twitter account. Lets stop the conspiracy theories. He is legit.

Don't many of you have your own design companies and websites? I've seen them use the company name as an avatar. They also have portfolios w/ cool stuff, it doesn't mean they work for nike. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, I'm a cynic though. I never really read that thread other than a few posts, so I'm no expert on it, just saying that to believe part 2 of what he said you have to believe part 1. Maybe he should be concerned w/ you tracking him to see whether he's legit or not? Do you plan on doing the same to Mile High and Brady's Homie?

http://briangundell....Rivalry-Uniform Actual work of his done for Nike, produced by Nike, and using Nike's official line art. Can we stop all of this bull :censored: now?

Very nice. Can we sue him for using the Packers GB logo ;)

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If "misappropriation of trade secrets" wasn't something you could get sued for, then thousands of bitter fired employees would let all types of company secrets loose.

Yet he was willing to tell of us, as much as he thought he could get away with, while he had a job.

More likely is he never worked for nike and was tired of having to answer questions he didn't have the answers to.

i guess ill vouch for him. you're wrong. he worked for Nike and theres no reason for you to attack the guy for not spilling everything he knows. dudes a professional and he'll be employed by another soon enough. consider his high road as a move to remain respected and trusted in the industry.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

i guess ill vouch for him. you're wrong. he worked for Nike and theres no reason for you to attack the guy for not spilling everything he knows. dudes a professional and he'll be employed by another soon enough. consider his high road as a move to remain respected and trusted in the industry.

I didn't say he didn't I said I had my doubts until the other guy posted his site. I guess you missed 2 posts before you. How dare I not take Illini at his word when he could have just posted the link the other guy did. No one on this board ever says they're one thing when they're not.

Wouldn't the new company have the same concerns as nike maybe, I'm sure they'll ask nike why they fired him? Leaking too much? He sure didn't give you guys any info on the 3 NFL teams worth posting in this thread, did he give away some college football secrets or something?

I didn't say he didn't I said I had my doubts until the other guy posted his site. I guess you missed 2 posts before you. How dare I not take Illini at his word when he could have just posted the link the other guy did. No one on this board ever says they're one thing when they're not.

Wouldn't the new company have the same concerns as nike maybe, I'm sure they'll ask nike why they fired him? Leaking too much? He sure didn't give you guys any info on the 3 NFL teams worth posting in this thread, did he give away some college football secrets or something?

I didn't say he didn't I said I had my doubts until the other guy posted his site

whats the difference?

How dare I not take Illini at his word when he could have just posted the link the other guy did.

you were saying he wasnt (or may not be) who he said he was. the "wild claim" isnt that people are backing him up, but the claims you've made yourself.

Wouldn't the new company have the same concerns as nike maybe, I'm sure they'll ask nike why they fired him? Leaking too much?

probably, so why would you think he would/should spill everything he knows and make things worse? and if he dosnt then he's fake?

He sure didn't give you guys any info on the 3 NFL teams worth posting in this thread, did he give away some college football secrets or something?

i dont know, like i said it makes me think much less of Nike because of this. he was decreet and professional about the whole thing. but, Nike has their rules and i guess he broke them. as far as what was revealed behind the scenes, i think any number of designers could have told you close to the same thing when it comes to the process. there were no secrets spilled as far as i know. nothing that competitors or clients should be concerned with. i suppose the contact to the public was enough to do what they did.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

I didn't say he didn't I said I had my doubts until the other guy posted his site

whats the difference?

How dare I not take Illini at his word when he could have just posted the link the other guy did.

you were saying he wasnt (or may not be) who he said he was. the "wild claim" isnt that people are backing him up, but the claims you've made yourself.

Wouldn't the new company have the same concerns as nike maybe, I'm sure they'll ask nike why they fired him? Leaking too much?

probably, so why would you think he would/should spill everything he knows and make things worse? and if he dosnt then he's fake?

He sure didn't give you guys any info on the 3 NFL teams worth posting in this thread, did he give away some college football secrets or something?

i dont know, like i said it makes me think much less of Nike because of this. he was decreet and professional about the whole thing. but, Nike has their rules and i guess he broke them. as far as what was revealed behind the scenes, i think any number of designers could have told you close to the same thing when it comes to the process. there were no secrets spilled as far as i know. nothing that competitors or clients should be concerned with. i suppose the contact to the public was enough to do what they did.

There was no one backing illini up, it was me just questioning him on the nike guy until the other guy came w/ a link then you piling on w/ your 2 cents after.

The difference is if someone had a link like that guy did I'd agree(and do since then) that he was w/ nike. Like I said I didn't read that thread except for a few posts.

Why would he spill the beans? I don't know, spite? He was ballsy enough to come on here and make a how it's done thread. If he did get canned for leaking stuff, to me it would be hard to land a job in the same field of designing unis for teams for under armor or rebok or adidas. So if he can't get a job(not saying he can't) why not give a few more tidbits w/o giving away the whole thing where nike would feel the need to sue him?

Why would he spill the beans? I don't know, spite? If he did get canned for leaking stuff, to me it would be hard to land a job in the same field of designing unis for teams for under armor or rebok or adidas. So if can't get a job(not saying he can't) why not give a few more tidbits w/o giving away the whole thing where nike would feel the need to sue him?

He wouldn't leak anything more because if he did leak info out of spite, it would guarantee that he would never get a job anywhere. You've already called yourself cynical, so you don't sound like the type to give second chances (just basing that on my understanding of cynical people), but I'm sure these companies would be willing to give a guy with that much talent the benefit of the doubt, and believe that he made a mistake, one he wouldn't make again.

If he continued to distribute the information out of spite, they'd probably question whether or not it would be worth it to hire him. By acting in a professional manner, Gordie Delini will undoubtedly get another job in the industry.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Why would he spill the beans? I don't know, spite? If he did get canned for leaking stuff, to me it would be hard to land a job in the same field of designing unis for teams for under armor or rebok or adidas. So if can't get a job(not saying he can't) why not give a few more tidbits w/o giving away the whole thing where nike would feel the need to sue him?

He wouldn't leak anything more because if he did leak info out of spite, it would guarantee that he would never get a job anywhere. You've already called yourself cynical, so you don't sound like the type to give second chances (just basing that on my understanding of cynical people), but I'm sure these companies would be willing to give a guy with that much talent the benefit of the doubt, and believe that he made a mistake, one he wouldn't make again.

If he continued to distribute the information out of spite, they'd probably question whether or not it would be worth it to hire him. By acting in a professional manner, Gordie Delini will undoubtedly get another job in the industry.

You got that right, in my life. However if say one of the Packers got busted for roids, I'd totally give him a 2nd chance as long as he was still good w/o them. If not cut him.

I get you though as long as he stays quiet he might get a job w one of those other companies or a lesser company that doesn't have any pro or college teams that have to be made secret for marketing purposes.

Did he give away some college football secrets or something?

I was wondering about that myself. Towards the end of that thread, he posted an actual image of an unused glove design for the University of Oklahoma... probably technically Nike property. Not too long after that, the stuff hit the fan. I'm just guessing of course, but I raised an eyebrow when I saw it.

I'm sorry I didn't do all the work for you. It literally took me 2 minutes to find his website and Twitter account by doing a search. If you weren't so lazy you could spent a couple minutes to find out he was legit. Instead you spent the whole day on here calling him a fraud.

I'm sorry I didn't do all the work for you. It literally took me 2 minutes to find his website and Twitter account by doing a search. If you weren't so lazy you could spent a couple minutes to find out he was legit. Instead you spent the whole day on here calling him a fraud.

More like I didn't care enough to look up a thread that was deleted w/ a link to a guy's design site, that I didn't know the name of. So by all day you must mean 3 posts later when a guy posted a link to his site. Since he's so important to you, you could have just posted it and that would have been the end of it, but you had to be condescending w/ your "umm" response. Here's a little heads up for you, I'm not going to take the time to see if Mile High or Bray's Homie are legit either, I'll wait and see how it plays out, while leaning on the side them bsing us.

here's a link to the search I would have had based on your info

https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#hl=en&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&q=former+nike+designer+that+illini1+worships&oq=former+nike+designer+that+illini1+worships&gs_l=hp.12...4508.17513.0.19222.44.42.1.1.1.0.206.5702.5j35j2.42.0.les%3B..0.0...1c.1.4.psy-ab.o4Sas3MrIZ4&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42768644,d.cGE&fp=2a8880ec92269366&biw=1440&bih=785

More like I didn't care enough to look up a thread that was deleted w/ a link to a guy's design site, that I didn't know the name of. So by all day you must mean 3 posts later when a guy posted a link to his site. Since he's so important to you, you could have just posted it and that would have been the end of it, but you had to be condescending w/ your "umm" response. Here's a little heads up for you, I'm not going to take the time to see if Mile High or Bray's Homie are legit either, I'll wait and see how it plays out, while leaning on the side them bsing us.

If you don't care about, why comment on it 3 times?

Why would a veteran board member go through all that trouble years after starting here? He's legit, stop it.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

If you don't care about, why comment on it 3 times?

I care enough to talk about it, just not look it up especially when the thread is deleted and I have no name to go off of. If we are done talking about him, we can restart doubting Mile High and Brady's Homie and hope they keep giving up info good or fake, until there's actual info out of Minnesota, Jacksonville, Miami.

Why would a veteran board member go through all that trouble years after starting here? He's legit, stop it.

so did you decide to comment before reading the rest of the thread FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HE"S REAL, THE OTHER GUY POSTED A LINK TO HIM 10 POSTS OR SO AGO! post #1985 & #1987 I conceded he's real

so did you decide to comment before reading the rest of the thread FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HE"S REAL, THE OTHER GUY POSTED A LINK TO HIM 10 POSTS OR SO AGO! post #1985 & #1987 I conceded he's real

Yes. Yes I did.

30694409_cool_gif.gif

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

unless Dallas is being super tight about it, i have read nowhere that Dallas is rebranding or making any substantial changes. Usually teams drop trial balloons to gauge fan reaction to see if the team should explore changes to their identity.

im not believing everything we've heard from our 2 new friends either, but in this case, that would be the Seattle Seahawks and what Nike has done in CFB the last 3 years. the info is already out there

GRAPHIC ARTIST

Archived