2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Well this thread sucks now. If you want any news on 2013 changes you have to go back too many pages to read anything. Can there be a 2014 rumor or speculation thread? We're just going to have 500 pages of "I think (team) is switching to (color)"

Yup. And when a 2013 change actually happens, and someone starts a new thread about it, some pinhead will jump down his throat with the usual "there's already a thread!"

I agree. Vague rumors circulated by people without a track record really belong in a separate, dedicated thread where the credibility can be discussed without clogging up the all-purpose thread.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are the credible, approved posters that you all speak of? I would like to hear their opinions on Brady's Homie and my claims. If our claims were absurdly incorrect wouldn't we have been corrected by now?

It's not that you're incorrect or untrustworthy (we have to wait and see to determine that). It's just that we have no idea who you guys are. We have a few posters who do have inside info who have proven track records who posters tend to have more faith in then two guys who join and immediately start talking about radical re-designs.

Where are the credible, approved posters that you all speak of? I would like to hear their opinions on Brady's Homie and my claims. If our claims were absurdly incorrect wouldn't we have been corrected by now?

It's not that you're incorrect or untrustworthy (we have to wait and see to determine that). It's just that we have no idea who you guys are. We have a few posters who do have inside info who have proven track records who posters tend to have more faith in then two guys who join and immediately start talking about radical re-designs.

Exactly, so where are these few posters who have proven track records? I would like to hear their input on all of this

noalps.png

R.I.P. Darrent Williams #27 (1982-2007)

Exactly, so where are these few posters who have proven track records? I would like to hear their input on all of this

Well, actually, now that you mention it, so would I.

We went over this earlier in the thread. These guys with proven track records tend to either be employed by these major design companies, have connections to these companies, or know somebody who does. If they just go out and spew information about the intellectual property of these companies, they can get themselves, or their friends in serious trouble (fired, sued, etc). Sometimes just leaking a tiny bit of information can be deemed too much, as we discussed earlier, so it is safer for these guys to just stay quiet and let the rest of us speculate.

Also, Chris, the guy who runs the entire site, could get in trouble for you just spilling information (if it is true), which is another reason why people don't just post things all gung ho, like you have done. (There's even a topic on it in the Forum Announcements)

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

We went over this earlier in the thread. These guys with proven track records tend to either be employed by these major design companies, have connections to these companies, or know somebody who does. If they just go out and spew information about the intellectual property of these companies, they can get themselves, or their friends in serious trouble (fired, sued, etc). Sometimes just leaking a tiny bit of information can be deemed too much, as we discussed earlier, so it is safer for these guys to just stay quiet and let the rest of us speculate.

Also, Chris, the guy who runs the entire site, could get in trouble for you just spilling information (if it is true), which is another reason why people don't just post things all gung ho, like you have done. (There's even a topic on it in the Forum Announcements)

thank you. nobody is coming out and spilling the beans on everythiing.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It seemed like the people that we were getting information for on the changes for this year had only seen the new logos. So if the Bucs are just getting a new alternate, those people wouldn't know about it. And I don't remember exactly what they did, but I don't think it was something that required them to have the logos this far in advance. We didn't start hearing about the 2013 rumors until this past season had already started.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

That's my point though. I understand that they aren't allowed to give us details, but are they not allowed to deny (potentially) false information?

noalps.png

R.I.P. Darrent Williams #27 (1982-2007)

That's my point though. I understand that they aren't allowed to give us details, but are they not allowed to deny (potentially) false information?

That's a good point. I'm curious what they have to say about any of this. Unless the companies they work for have tightened internal security and they're playing their cards close to their chests as a result.

Belligerence doesn't enhance your credibility. Only being proven right will do that, which means we will all have to wait and see.

I may have delusions of grandeur (!), but I believe over the years I have established myself as a credible source on this forum.

That being said - I don't have the first clue as to what is being planned.

No idea. Nada.

:P

Yes sir you are a credible and IMO THE credible one!
PersonDivided-2-1.png

Plus, they're talking 2014. Don't at least a few of our members have their access through either retail or manufacturing connections? So at least a couple of them get the style sheets or retail specs for the upcoming season way in advance, but wouldn't necessarily be tied in to the process for the future.

Either way, this thread should be closed down and a new "general" 2013 thread started (and team specific threads for those that are changing) and all speculation or future talk somewhere else.

This thread BBB&S.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And do teams "pitch designs to the NFL"? I understood that NFL Properties was usually in on it from the beginning.

Didn't Nike design the Seahawks uniform by themself? If that's the case, I'd imagine they would design it then pitch it to the NFL for approval.

But I don't think there's any way that Nike would want designs out on the internet that would potentially be unused.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I love that people think these megathreads actually have a value that has been sullied. They are always full of junk, speculation, concepts and off-topic posts. You can't go 100 pages with "only facts." Seriously. When legit news arrives, it gets its own thread, thankfully. Or try the news page for news. Those guys are doing a nice job with that.

And I don't know why anyone new (or old under an 'assumed' name, as is often requested) would ever leak info when all the majority does is attack the person. Believe what you want to believe, but why analyze these guys for pages? Or declare them legit or fake after their next post. Time will tell. Showtime, CDixon, ColorWerx all started with one post, too. And I still see Showtime get "prove it" responses. Ease up.

I love that people think these megathreads actually have a value that has been sullied. They are always full of junk, speculation, concepts and off-topic posts. You can't go 100 pages with "only facts." Seriously. When legit news arrives, it gets its own thread, thankfully. Or try the news page for news. Those guys are doing a nice job with that.

And I don't know why anyone new (or old under an 'assumed' name, as is often requested) would ever leak info when all the majority does is attack the person. Believe what you want to believe, but why analyze these guys for pages? Or declare them legit or fake after their next post. Time will tell. Showtime, CDixon, ColorWerx all started with one post, too. And I still see Showtime get "prove it" responses. Ease up.

Very Well said. And just to say I had No problem about the new guys talking about uniforms modifications possibly coming out in 2014 just personally think if it is gonna continue it should be in a new thread so everything is partitioned.

#DTWD #GoJaguars

FWIW about this thread, the first post asked what confirmed changes were coming for 2013. Granted, if we'd strictly followed that it would've been a short thread but the 1st speculation/"I wish X would do Y..." response was the third one so this was off the tracks as soon as it cleared the station.

OTOH, what do we expect? It happens every time.

As for the rappers, I've of course heard of those two but never cared enough to look them up or commit any brainpower to remembering their appearances.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived