2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

ahUUg9w.png

Jaguars new number type is on the right. Just to clear up any confusion.

Just playing devils advocate, I COULD see how you would think the Jags number font look like the Chargers if you were recalling it from memory. Not that it lends any credibility to BIMH.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go back and look at that post bud. I NEVER said that Hawks concept definitely came from Nike, I said it looked like it did. I wasn't in on Hawks or any of that. HGI was not involved. They are however involved in both Jacksonville's and Miami's overhauls.

You found a random concept someone did just for fun and said you were "70% sure" it was a Nike "leak." You're either full of it or working on out of date info. Personally I think it's the former.

Back when the Miami Marlins' logo was leaked some jackoff came by and said the same thing you're saying. That what we were seeing wasn't it and that if he was proven wrong he'd disappear. Well he kept his word. So why don't you get a head start on that yourself?

Based on what has been leaked I am terrified of what the Jags have cooked up. That number font looks great though, so I guess that's something. As far as the Dolphins go...upgrade, upgrade, upgrade! Never was a fan of the helmet wearing version. I do hope the unis go relatively untouched though. If anything I hope they fixed some issues I have with the current set.

That Jaguars jersey is intriguing and scary.

I still contend that teams should be able to do colored Flywire (dig for a hastily-made Vikings concept I posted a while ago to get an idea of how it could look). If that's the case, I think we might see that on the Jaguars's actual jersey (there's no way they'd attempt to do that on the cheap jerseys).

With that said, the stripes confuse the hell out of me. If they were the tigers, cheetahs, something else that at least has stripes, I can understand that shoulder motif. But, they're jaguars. I'd think they would want to play that up if they were going to do some design that isn't rooted in 1. tradition or 2. template.

Based on what has been leaked I am terrified of what the Jags have cooked up. That number font looks great though, so I guess that's something. As far as the Dolphins go...upgrade, upgrade, upgrade! Never was a fan of the helmet wearing version. I do hope the unis go relatively untouched though. If anything I hope they fixed some issues I have with the current set.

If there's anything I hate more than the patch, it's the number font. The 4 is absolutely hideous IMO. It has a solid concept behind it, but it just seems hastily composed.

Go back and look at that post bud. I NEVER said that Hawks concept definitely came from Nike, I said it looked like it did. I wasn't in on Hawks or any of that. HGI was not involved. They are however involved in both Jacksonville's and Miami's overhauls.

You found a random concept someone did just for fun and said you were "70% sure" it was a Nike "leak." You're either full of it or working on out of date info. Personally I think it's the former.

Back when the Miami Marlins' logo was leaked some jackoff came by and said the same thing you're saying. That what we were seeing wasn't it and that if he was proven wrong he'd disappear. Well he kept his word. So why don't you get a head start on that yourself?

Probably the same guy.

Dolphins look great, especially if they've gone back to Czonka-era aqua.

Jury's still out on the Jaguars.

Maybe I just have bad taste because I dig the Chargers numbers too.

I'd say, while bad, the sheild placement is these uniforms least biggest problem. Again, only going off the leak, the shoulder area has something weird going on that I can't see anyone enjoying.

Maybe I just have bad taste because I dig the Chargers numbers too.

I'd say, while bad, the sheild placement is these uniforms least biggest problem. Again, only going off the leak, the shoulder area has something weird going on that I can't see anyone enjoying.

The Chargers are another team with a decent idea/poor execution number font IMO.

To me, their font would be SOOOO much better if they got rid of the angled bevel on the 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9. It's at a different angle than that of the 2, 4, and 7 (which really irks me), and it just looks clunky. A rounded font that isn't so dissimilar to varsity/athletic block would look sharp with their uniform IMO.

Damn it, I'll bite...

You're either full of it or working on out of date info. Personally I think it's the former.

I agree with that assessment. It's not that he claimed that a high school kid's (at the time) work was that of Nike, it's more that... actually, that is exactly what it is.That and the fact that he claims to understand the "industry" and how things work, when clearly he has zero knowledge whatsoever. He's also using language like 70% sure so he can rebut any criticism; it's a politician's move. This guy is nothing more than a troll. Stop baiting him, don't give him any credence, and when the uniforms come out, let him delete his account and disappear.

Also, I really hate that 1 the Jags are using, looks bad. No real problem with the rest of the numbers, just that one. They should move the bottom flag part (what the heck is that actually called?) lower like the Chargers font. It's too flat and wide as is.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

With that said, the stripes confuse the hell out of me. If they were the tigers, cheetahs, something else that at least has stripes, I can understand that shoulder motif. But, they're jaguars. I'd think they would want to play that up if they were going to do some design that isn't rooted in 1. tradition or 2. template.

Cheetahs have stripes? :therock:

Also damn them Chicago Bears to hell for having sleeve stripes too! When was the last time you saw a bear with stripes? I mean if it was a polar or koala bear it would be a different story.

Im liking the Jags jerseys just want to know whats going on with the grey before I say I love them.

To me it's not more of being grey but pattern/technology on the shoulders. The way the light hits it makes it look grey but it's really just like flywire looking a different color from certain light angles. But this is also not an authentic jersey so whatever material they're using to replicate this material/feature will look more grey. Just my opinion.

You know, you might be right. Look at the top left of the collar near the gold spike. The gray matches the color on the shoulder because of the lighting.

Its not the lighting, too defined lines between the black jersey and grey stripes. Also grey stripe inside back of jersey matched same color of outside stripes

No endgame. I'm not even upset you all have lost faith in me. I get it lol. For those who are so quick to claim these as legit though, a couple of things:

1. They originally appeared on Instagram from a user called sneaker_pimp_simmons whose account consists of pretty much exclusively photoshopped nike/other footwear brands products.

2. The security in distribution warehouses is unreal. They stop just short of a cavity search to ensure you don't have a cell phone/camera on you. It would be nigh impossible for an authentic leak to get out. Especially with Nike involved.

3. Look at that patch. Just look at for five seconds and it will be pretty apparent the image is photoshopped.

Really ????? I work in a distribution warehouse, photography of products before public release captured via cell cams happens all the time. They can't police all cameras as I have done the same thing. Both the leaked photos are probably ligit.

Yes, they do. Very few, but they have stripes on the ends of their tail (and if you want to be more liberal with "stripe," on their face).

Also damn them Chicago Bears to hell for having sleeve stripes too! When was the last time you saw a bear with stripes? I mean if it was a polar or koala bear it would be a different story.

Instead of being rude, you could have read the rest of my post to point out that tradition trumps realistic portrayals of an animal.

I get that the Jaguars apparently aren't going for realism. The stripes they're using, however, appear to be stripes for aesthetic design's sake and not something that is likely to latch on to become a mainstream application of stripes.

Yes, old stripes are exactly that - stripes for the hell of it. They, however, have withstood the test of time. I will bet my (incredibly pathetic) life's savings that the design elements that we see on the Jaguars' uniforms will not stand the test of time.

Archived