2013 NFL uniform/logo changes

seahawk9

Glad the fins didn't do anything too drastic, I've always loved their color scheme and pre-drop-shadow unis. I can't help but get a 70's Aquafresh vibe from that dolphin though.

Jags---definitively NOT an authentic NIKE "premier" jersey in that photo (tag has size as "S", the authentics are numerically sized).

I also am not worried about them looking like Seattle, it's not like the Jags are a tradition-based team. Seattle's main problem is that they underused the best combo they had (blue jersey/grey pants). I'me sure when Jacksonville unveils the full set, we will all agree on the best combo, only to be disappointed when they roll out the monochrome black game after game,

I have MUCH more issues with teams like Cards, Vikings, Lions, and Rams putting out crazy designs than newer franchises such as TB, Car, Jax, SEA, and HOU.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm now super excited about the Jags' new unis. I'm a big fan of "shield" logos, love their font, and love anything that uses black/grey together; if they are wearing those black jerseys over grey pants, it's going to be money. After seeing this, I'm betting the helmet and the rest will kick ass.

Huge improvement on the actual new Dolphins logo, too. Adding the eye and adjusting the teal & navy made a dramatic difference; it's fresh, it's clean, it's modern, it's...Miami. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the look.

So I know we already kinda figured out BradyIsMyHomebody was full of crap, but the Jaguars leak confirmed it for me. He fed me some info on the new Jags threads through DM. He's clearly wrong and was making crap up.

As much as a people hate the leaked logo, it is a massive improvement over the current logo.

To each their own. Frankly, unless Stephen M. Ross has decided to transition the Miami Dolphins out of the NFL and into the vacation cruise business, I'm of the opinion that the leaked logo represents a significant downgrade.

The pictures aren't showing up for me so I'm going to repost.

screen_shot_2013-03-19_at_9.24.00_am.0_standard_709.0.png

Notes: that is grey on the sleeve/shoulders. You can see the teal in the number outline.

Could the gold stripe thing be a part of the flywire? Can Nike make designs on the flywire like that? If so, that would be a pretty neat way to keep it from looking like a toilet seat.

I'm guessing the whole collar will be black and the gold and grey will be on the shoulders. That's what Nike does with college jerseys that have flywire.

Strangely, the Jags shield has a requirement to NOT be allowed for use in the UK.

"Jag," in the UK, is slang for a period of extended alcohol consumption or drug use.

First I have ever heard of that :wacko:. The word "binge" would seem to be a more commonly used term for that definition. I am probably wrong though.

This was the first I've heard of it as a slang for anything, really. When I saw that CWx said the "JAGS" logo wasn't allowed in the UK I figured it might be slang related (that sort of thing has happened before), and I came across this...

http://www.english-s...h/British-J/jag

Though this might indicate it's more of a Scottish thing then an English thing....

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/j.htm

what a mess they've created

you spend how much time and money to come up with an updated identity and you also decide that you want to focus on expanding your brand in the UK yet nobody bothers to do any research to see if your new nickname (emphasize Jags over Jaguars) and what appears to be your new primary logo is offensive in the UK?

talk about a huge re-branding failure

the easiest fix (which I think they will do) is to replace the Jag shield with a UK commemorative patch when playing in London like the BIlls do in Toronto.

on another note there could be a solid opportunity to smuggle US Jags shield merch into the UK.

That Dolphin leak looks like the aqua looks more and more to teal, which makes the Jaguars (not JAGS) change to black make all the more sense. Two AFC Florida rivals with the same "unique" color.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

From a Dolphins beat reporter...

Folks, Dolphins CEO Mike Dee assures me the Dolphins logo has not been leaked anywyere. So there's that.

What else is he going to say? "Aw crap, the damn thing got out." But who knows, maybe that was just a slick PhotoShop job.

About the Jags/UK thing, I remember the deal about the Chevy Nova having to be renamed in Central/South America because "no va" means "won't go" or some such.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived