Under-Appreciated Logos in the Minors

raysox

Back in 2006, I went to Columbia, South Carolina for my sister's softball tournament. The city has a baseball team in the Coastal Plain League, a summer college ball league that is made up of teams in the Carolinas/Virginia. The team is called the Columbia Blowfish, which is hilarious, and named after Hootie and the Blowfish. I have a shirt with their logo on it.

ColumbiaBlowfish.png

A while back I found they rebranded, and it looks GOOD.

BlowfishAltLogo.jpg

My dad and sister are up there now for the same reason, and he got me a shirt with the new logo on navy.

So what are some logos that are really really good, that hardly anyone knows about? I'm not talking Minor leagues, I'm talking obscure leagues.

Here is another set of examples, the defunct South Coast League. I remember seeing the designer's profile posted here once.

PeanutsPrimary.png

625px-Bradenton_Juice.PNG

Macon%20Music.JPG

224955d1312838681-new-logo-set-charlotte-county_redfish.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW! All of those are fantastic. Love that Blowfish logo, definitely has a Brandiose look to it. Love the name "Macon Music" too. It's a shame that league is defunct, it certainly featured some stellar identities from the look of it.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

WOW! All of those are fantastic. Love that Blowfish logo, definitely has a Brandiose look to it. Love the name "Macon Music" too. It's a shame that league is defunct, it certainly featured some stellar identities from the look of it.

That Blowfish logo is awesome. Kinda reminds me of the Lakewood Blueclaws a little. Which I think could also qualify for this thread, though being an affiliate of the Phillies, they may be more well known:

fg0b6eg0glg6y1kesg5ji63jl.gif

70389454.png

Simple, but gets the job done.

Logo_barnstormers.png

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Not sure how many are familiar with the Orem Owlz, but I've always loved thier logo:

7c8hi3o870g5wnkkg9ul09qsc.gif

EDIT: That Chattanooga FC crest is CLASSY. Really dig that Surf Dawgs logo, too.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

LaredoLemurs-2.png

Southern_Maryland_Blue_Crabs_%28team_logo%29.pngSoMdBlueCrabs.PNG

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I can't wait till this thread takes off!

A few more:

Chattanooga FC in the National Pro Soccer League

ChatFC.png

San Diego Surf Dawgs & Long Beach Armada in the Arizona Summer League

San_Diego_Surf_Dawgs_Main_Logo.png

Long_Beach_Armada_Main_Logo.png

Drury College

drury-new-main-logo.jpg

Drury University. And the first panther with that logo had to be changed (after some odd years of use) because Puma felt it was too similar to their logo.

Simple, but gets the job done.

Logo_barnstormers.png

The blue has now been replaced by, you guessed it, black.

They've kind of half-assedly rebranded, actually. Half-assed in that they still use the old primary logo, with mismatched scripts and alternate logos.

I love the new alt logos done by Joe Bosack

217158_10150163853391510_77023_n.jpg222371_10150163560761510_168297_n.jpg

It's washed up on this site before, but it is the best high school identity in Arizona. This beauty belongs to Williams Field High School in Gilbert, produced by Von Glitschka. He also did work for almost every other school in the district except for the other high school and one of their elementary schools.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/7638/blackhawk.gif (not linked; it's large)

Scripts and secondaries accompanied this one. Sadly, the hawk does not grace the helmets, but rather a red version of the Wake Forest WF. Note to Williams Field football: put the hawk on the helmet!

We have a lot of strange ripoffs in AZ (Frisco Rough Riders, Gold Coast Titans of Australia's NRL) and this is one of the more refreshing custom pieces.

Archived