Minnesota T-Wolves Deemed "Too White"

hettinger_rl

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why aren't the Russian activists up in arms? There are only 2 Russian players on the Wolves roster. That's only 13%!!

Minnesota, after all, is a pretty white state.

Classic. Why did I know this was a Yahoo article as soon as I saw the thread title?

Brandon Roy, projected to be the team's only black starter, says the color of his teammates doesn't faze him.

"It's just basketball," Roy said. "I never really had to feel like I'm the only black guy out here. I've played on teams that maybe had all black guys and the feeling is just the same when I'm out there on the floor playing with these guys."

That right there should be reason to put this whole thing to rest. The players' opinions are the ones that matter the most and if a starter is telling you that you're full of crap, you should probably shut up.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I know people associate me with certain politics around here... especially when it comes to race relations... but is there really nothing more pressing for Black people in Minneapolis than this?

That was a ridiculous read. Whomever actually thinks this must be one of those folks who voted Obama because "he looks like me." I don't consider myself any more progressive than the next guy but I'm constantly amazed/disappointed by people focusing on race in everything. You really think a coach or GM would risk their job on picking players by race and not performance?

That was a ridiculous read. Whomever actually thinks this must be one of those folks who voted Obama because "he looks like me." I don't consider myself any more progressive than the next guy but I'm constantly amazed/disappointed by people focusing on race in everything. You really think a coach or GM would risk their job on picking players by race and not performance?

498381-rick-dudley.jpg

It worked for Larry Bird.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Two things:

1) Did anyone aks Brian Scalabrine what he thought about this?

2) Just how did Brandon Roy end up on the Timberwolves?? :blink:

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If 75% of the NBA is black, why can't Minnesota be the 25%?

It's not like the New Orleans Saints suddenly found themselves without any brothers. It's corn-fed Minnesota, for crying out loud.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I can only assume there will be no "White Out" themed home games for the Timberwolves in 2012...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Two things:

1) Did anyone ask Brian Scalabrine what he thought about this?

2) Just how did Brandon Roy end up on the Timberwolves?? :blink:

Answer 1: He retired in June and quickly got a job on TV with Comcast Sports New England after turning down an assistant coaching job with the Bulls.

Joking Answer 2: Roy is "light skind-ed"

Notice how the people whom it really matters to (the athletes) could care less? If it doesn't bother the athletes, then who cares? This Tyrone Terrell guy is a complete joke.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Notice how the people whom it really matters to (the athletes) could care less? If it doesn't bother the athletes, then who cares? This Tyrone Terrell guy is a complete joke.

Yep, that's what I said. Unless the guy throws on a uniform and starts dropping threes, he needs to cram it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I know people associate me with certain politics around here, especially when it comes to race relations, but is there really nothing more pressing for Black people in Minneapolis than this?

I am similar in that I am almost never on whitey's side in race-related discussions. But this is silly. First off, the T-wolves still have a disproportionately black team compared to the population...is it really racist if the league is not 80% black?. Second, this is the best Wolves team (sadly injuries will curb this) without KG. Most of the players make sense. If they can play, as recognized by Brandon Roy, that's all that matters.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived