Digby

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kJRCTK3.jpg

New Chivas alternate kit

Wow that is bland

Then again I hate them more than any team in the league (Red Bulls are a close second) so I am a bit biased.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Please tell me Seattle got rid of the neon third kit.

The bright blue one? It's still for sale in the shop, and I'd imagine they still plan to use it against Portland, for one -- the bright green and the dark grey both kinda clash with the Timbers dark green. So keep your sunglasses handy if you plan on watching any Sounders matches.

Portland could always wear red instead of green. I think they did that for one game vs Seattle. The neon green kit is usually reserved for CONCACAF or Open Cup matches.

I'm sure they will when playing in Seattle. But personally I really hate when teams are forced to wear their clash kit at home. (Looking at you, Sporting KC and your two blue kits!)

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Portland also doesn't have a history of hoops. If it were something they historically wore I'd say they should use it.

Portland did wear Celtic-style hoops for I believe two seasons in their USL days, back in the early 00s. Not a long history, but not totally without precedent.

portland-timbers-9-tennyson-main.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Portland also doesn't have a history of hoops. If it were something they historically wore I'd say they should use it.

Portland did wear Celtic-style hoops for I believe two seasons in their USL days, back in the early 00s. Not a long history, but not totally without precedent.

If they do the hoops I hope it isn't a complete Celtic ripoff.

Maybe try green and yellow hoops.

This was a cool look and great logo.

I'm told that's why the supporters group dropped the name "Cascade Rangers", because of the perceived conflict with their Celtic-inspired kits.

kJRCTK3.jpg

New Chivas alternate kit

Wow that is bland

Then again I hate them more than any team in the league (Red Bulls are a close second) so I am a bit biased.

I love it. Wish more teams would follow this "less is more" model. Sure it could have a bit more design (I'd suggest a tone on tone blue striping motif matching their home kit pattern) but I would rather see a minimal kit than an over designed one.

kJRCTK3.jpg

New Chivas alternate kit

Wow that is bland

I love it. Wish more teams would follow this "less is more" model. Sure it could have a bit more design (I'd suggest a tone on tone blue striping motif matching their home kit pattern) but I would rather see a minimal kit than an over designed one.

This is a case of less is none. Especially in a league dominated by navy and red.

If you are going to do the two most overused colors in American sports then either make it interesting or :censored: off.

kJRCTK3.jpg

New Chivas alternate kit

Wow that is bland

This is a case of less is none. Especially in a league dominated by navy and red.

If you are going to do the two most overused colors in American sports then either make it interesting or :censored: off.

I tend to agree with nyk33 here.

I have no problem with minimal design elements on kits. In fact I prefer it. But MLS could stand to have some more colour. For example one of my all time favorite MLS kits is the super cyan Sounders 3rd. It's not over designed and in terms of the colour it's completely different.

Then again, I'm also of the opinion that there should be no home and road or 3rds. Each team should have a primary that is worn for all competitions but if said team is on the road and the home team wears a colour that is too similar then the road team wears a clash kit. That's it. No more of this "wear a 3rd kit in the champion's league" or whatever.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

kJRCTK3.jpg

New Chivas alternate kit

Wow that is bland

What have they done to deserve the hate? Let me repeat: what has Chivas U.S.A. done to deserve hate (not the real Chivas team from Guadalajara)? For the majority of their history, they've just been the Galaxy's floor mats at the HDC (like the Clippers were pre-Blake Griffin). They only had one good year (2009) and were bounced out of the first round. Other than that, just nothing but losing ways. I mean if it's because of a certain player in free agency or trade or something, that's on you, but they don't have that much loathing in MLS as the Galaxy or Fire or Red Bulls do.

They don't even have the "Latinocentric" following anymore. When they first played, there was a call for Chivas U.S.A. to be a team "for Latinos every where to follow" (basically painting the Galaxy as a team for Anglo-Saxons). But during the first derby games, a lot of C.D. America fans came out (they're indifferent on the Galaxy, but hate the original Chivas team and their branch copy teams), debunking that marketing myth. Now they're just like every other sucky team: when you lose, you for the most part lose at the turnstiles too.

Can they just move the Chivas team already? Pretty clear majority of people in LA won't cheer for an Mexican themed team over the Galaxy

Do you think moving them will help? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually curious)

I think the fact that the club has gone back to "Mexicans only" is ignorant and and frankly, won't work.

I get it, the owner is a Mexican, owns a huge club in Mexico and wants to develop talent to go to Mexico and win there. Here's the problem, MLS is not a development league. It's a teir 1 professional soccer league.

On top of that; EVEN if the league is seen as a way for American and Canadians to get more playing time to develop their national teams then why do we have a club developing for the Mexican national team?

Sorry if that sounds like I hate people from Mexico, that's not the case at all. I just think this club, in it's current state, has no business in MLS.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

kJRCTK3.jpg

New Chivas alternate kit

Wow that is bland

What have they done to deserve the hate? Let me repeat: what has Chivas U.S.A. done to deserve hate (not the real Chivas team from Guadalajara)? For the majority of their history, they've just been the Galaxy's floor mats at the HDC (like the Clippers were pre-Blake Griffin). They only had one good year (2009) and were bounced out of the first round. Other than that, just nothing but losing ways. I mean if it's because of a certain player in free agency or trade or something, that's on you, but they don't have that much loathing in MLS as the Galaxy or Fire or Red Bulls do.

They don't even have the "Latinocentric" following anymore. When they first played, there was a call for Chivas U.S.A. to be a team "for Latinos every where to follow" (basically painting the Galaxy as a team for Anglo-Saxons). But during the first derby games, a lot of C.D. America fans came out (they're indifferent on the Galaxy, but hate the original Chivas team and their branch copy teams), debunking that marketing myth. Now they're just like every other sucky team: when you lose, you for the most part lose at the turnstiles too.

I hate them due to their early Latin only model of hiring and their connections to Chivas Guadarlajara (I hate anything related to Mexican soccer).

Can they just move the Chivas team already? Pretty clear majority of people in LA won't cheer for an Mexican themed team over the Galaxy

Do you think moving them will help? (I'm not being sarcastic, I'm actually curious)

I think the fact that the club has gone back to "Mexicans only" is ignorant and and frankly, won't work.

I get it, the owner is a Mexican, owns a huge club in Mexico and wants to develop talent to go to Mexico and win there. Here's the problem, MLS is not a development league. It's a teir 1 professional soccer league.

On top of that; EVEN if the league is seen as a way for American and Canadians to get more playing time to develop their national teams then why do we have a club developing for the Mexican national team?

Sorry if that sounds like I hate people from Mexico, that's not the case at all. I just think this club, in it's current state, has no business in MLS.

They had 7k in attendance tonight, for their HOME OPENER. You can literally put them almost anywhere in North America, and they would do better then that. Move them to San Diego, and call them "Atletico San Diego". You keep a form of the SuperClasico, and keep a rivalry

Odd: Nigel Reo-Coker played his first game for the Whitecaps tonight, but the name on the back of his jersey read "REO.C" Anyone know why?

He also had a new number, instead of the usual #20. He told the Vancouver media he wanted to re-invent himself among his move to the MLS

They had 7k in attendance tonight, for their HOME OPENER. You can literally put them almost anywhere in North America, and they would do better then that. Move them to San Diego, and call them "Atletico San Diego". You keep a form of the SuperClasico, and keep a rivalry

That's where we disagree.

While I understand that the idea of moving the team may get it to a new fan base which SHOULD result in more ticket sales, I believe that this team has been so bad for so long that anyone in a market without MLS who follows the league would not want Chivas USA knowing their history.

Archived