Digby

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to Chivas USA, the bottom line is that its roster is completely opposite of the mission statement of the parent club. CD Guadalajara is the only team in the Mexican league that exclusively fields Mexican players, so you can see how fans of the parent club wouldn't exactly be drawn to a team with the likes of Dan Kennedy and Tristan Bowen on the squad.

And apparently that Rebaño Angelino is a play off the parent club's Rebaño Sagrado nickname, which, as I previously pointed out, is a halfhearted way of drawing an already alienated fanbase.

VmWIn6B.png

I got the 3rd jersey last year. I waited all the way to Christmas to get it when I saw a discount sale. the jersey is only sold as an authentic, no replicas are sold. it was debuted for the Galaxy game last May (in which Beckham melted and cried like a girl). the jersey is a big hit with the fans and became the jersey for all CCL games.

Adidas stripes might look different this year because I think they're printed on now, instead of sewn. Think I read that somewhere.

Columbus' player jerseys have had 3 stripes printed on since at least 2004. Replicas are still stitched on.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't know if it's a proprietary naming of the color by adidas or what, but the tagging on both the Fire jersey and hat I bought last year list the items' color as "Toro".

Side note: Don't ever buy a Techfit jersey for casual wear. No, ordering a size up doesn't help.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived