2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

Seems reasonable to assume that's what the third shirt will look like, unless the thinking is to use it as a bit of a placeholder and put the official kit in as part of a patch once it's officially unveiled?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems reasonable to assume that's what the third shirt will look like, unless the thinking is to use it as a bit of a placeholder and put the official kit in as part of a patch once it's officially unveiled?

The only way I can think it is NOT the third kit is that someone working at EA (maybe a spurs fan) has created this kit using their imagination/hopes of what it will be like.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

FIFA would bring last year's third over if they weren't told what the third is. So I'd say this is official.

Fair enough, I'm not a FIFA player so I wasn't sure what their usual practice is. With that I reckon we can assume that's the shirt, then.

Also, one final point: Spurs are one of EA's partnership clubs, so probably have a fair bit of inside access and/or the connections needed to know what the third shirt will look like.

One thing that does bug me a little is that Spurs have had different shirts/kits for cup competitions for the past few years - different sponsors and all white kits for use in the cups. PES 2008 was able to accomodate different shirts for their Champions League mode so there is no reason why FIFA cant do it. Especially given that some teams on FIFA 13 had the additional "retro" shirts to unlock.

fifa-13-football-club.jpg

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Like most, it's because they can and because they know people will buy them.

I thought that template looked good when the US used it in 2006. Not a fan of that font, though.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Holland WC14 Away:

netherlands-away-2014-world-cup-600x440.

If legit, I rather like it (other than the border around the lion).

Is this the first Nike WC14 leak?

Not if the previously leaked Portugal kit is legit.

Oh yeah, forgot about that one.

Here is a pic: PortugalWorldCup2014.jpg

Side vents, neck line, inside of neck, inside of sleeves and tags look the same. Could be legit and I really like both.

Man I really like those holland kits if legit.

Still dont buy the Portugal ones, looks like a training shirt. Hopefully that's the case. They've been very simple and classy recently.

I think there will be less monochrome than some Internet rumours suggest. Although if I remember correctly the World Cup is one place where any clashes in kit colours means a change, so monochrome happens more than is really necessary. (Does it really matter if teams are wearing the same colour shorts? Really?)

I don't know but it bugs me to no end whenever two teams' shorts are the same colour.

The Arsenal/Swansea matchups with both teams in white shorts the last couple of years have been brutal.

Arsenal-v-Swansea-007.jpg

However, the FA Cup tie last year was much more watchable with Swans in black shorts.

938157-15493782-640-360.jpg

Villa used to wear claret shorts when visiting a blue-on-white team (i.e. Everton) and while I don't think we do anymore, claret and blue shorts have both been made the last couple of years. I just hate shorts being the same colour—it's an unnecessary strain IMO.

6fQjS3M.png

I think you may be confused. The Champions League does not have a standardized font.

Most teams have a special CL font they use, but they're all different. Some are custom for each team, some are standard manufacturer fonts, but they're not mandated by UEFA.

It was attempted several years ago(2007-2008?). Arsenal wore it that year and Manchester City wore a UEFA League version as well. it had lowercase letters and the UEFA Champions League or Europa League logo on them.
Hmm. 2007-2008 is hardly "the past two seasons", but you've piqued my interest. I didn't get to see many Arsenal matches that season.

I'll take a look through the Arsenal archives, see if I can come up with a pic. Thanks!

john-carew_1109027c.jpg

I think Villa wore the UEFA Cup numbering for at least one campaign. Our final European adventure (2010) saw a custom font. And a loss to Rapid. <_<

Holland WC14 Away:

What a beautiful shirt. Hoping this is it.

6fQjS3M.png

Holland WC14 Away:

What a beautiful shirt. Hoping this is it.

As usual, I'll have to wait until I see it on a player to make an opinion, but I'm feeling like I'll like this one.

Archived