2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

Swindon Town has two primary sponsors. The field players are wearing Samsung while the keeper has FIFA 14 on his shirt. I know they're sponsored by both but I'm surprised they didn't have the keeper wear a shirt with the same sponsor as everyone else.

Swindon's other keeper shirt is black with a Samsung sponsor patch on it; Chelsea is blue with a Samsung sponsor patch. The goalie has to clash with the opposing team, and that goalie kit wouldn't have clashed at all, so he wore lime green.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Swindon Town has two primary sponsors. The field players are wearing Samsung while the keeper has FIFA 14 on his shirt. I know they're sponsored by both but I'm surprised they didn't have the keeper wear a shirt with the same sponsor as everyone else.

Swindon's other keeper shirt is black with a Samsung sponsor patch on it; Chelsea is blue with a Samsung sponsor patch. The goalie has to clash with the opposing team, and that goalie kit wouldn't have clashed at all, so he wore lime green.

The clash will have been because of colour, not shirt sponsor. That is irrelevant really.

Swindon just happen to have different sponsors on their home and their away kits.

^^As far as I am aware anyway.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

We had a similar situation with our keeper shirts a few years back - home and keeper shirts were branded 'Karoo', away with 'KC Communications' (the former being the ISP arm of the latter). It looked a little untidy with the different logos but to be fair I suppose most folk aren't as concerned with these things as we are.

The referee might have decided on the night that the different goalkeeper kit must/should be worn.

Indeed, changes on the day/night aren't that uncommon, and sometimes they even occur during the course of the game itself.

Anyway, some new clobber - cash strapped Coventry City have finally got their hands on some new kit, here's the home shirt they'll be wearing from mid-October...

on4b.jpg

Mind, given that they're currently playing in Northampton the term 'home shirt' really isn't that appropriate.

The referee might have decided on the night that the different goalkeeper kit must/should be worn.

Indeed, changes on the day/night aren't that uncommon, and sometimes they even occur during the course of the game itself.

Anyway, some new clobber - cash strapped Coventry City have finally got their hands on some new kit, here's the home shirt they'll be wearing from mid-October...

on4b.jpg

Mind, given that they're currently playing in Northampton the term 'home shirt' really isn't that appropriate.

Steve Ogrizovic hasn't aged in 26 years!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

This may seem like a dumb question but I am going to ask anyway. I've just gotten into European football and begun collecting jerseys when I am in a particular country. I'm already up to six from three different leagues.

My question is this...I want to order a Premier League jersey and have it customized but am curious as to what material the numbers and letters are made out of. Are they plastic, felt or tackle twill? I can't get a sense of what they are either from pictures or from television so I'm hoping someone here has the answer.

The MLS and most other leagues use screen printed numbers. BPL uses a material called Lextra which allows the numbers and badges to feel like felt and they puff up and appear to be sewn on.

Lextra is indeed the material used on player shirts and some replicas, but many replicas use a vinyl version - the latter are cheaper and generally quicker and easier to apply, so many club shops and retailers use these as their numbers of choice.

These vinyl versions are fully licensed by the Premier League and everything, but aren't totally authentic compared to the proper player issue numbers. If you're looking at picking up a shirt or two tp49, it might be worthwhile just double checking exactly which version they're using.

Thank you both for that information. Reason I asked was because I had ordered an Aston Villa jersey from sportsdirect in the UK. Since the price was very, very good I decided to deck it out with Premier League badges and a player name and number. I received it Friday and it was the vinyl licensed lettering. Since it's a replica I'm fine with it and in fact I quite like the jersey. I have an Everton and a Chelsea jersey I'd like to have done as well so now I know to look for Lextra lettering when searching for a place to get the customization done. I'm hoping there's a place here in the states that can do it because having to send the jerseys to the UK might be a little on the expensive side.

Good man. ^_^

6fQjS3M.png

"

USA 2014 World Cup Home Kit

The new USA 2014 Home Jersey is mainly white with a luscious blue as second color. The new USA 2014 World Cup Home Kit comes with a white flat knit collar with a blue contrasting tipping. The USA Home Kit for the 2014 World Cup will feature blue sleeve cuffs.

USA will play in white shorts with blue applications at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

USA 2014 World Cup Home Kit

The new USA 2014 World Cup Away Kit will be mainly red with white applications. USA 2014 World Cup Away Jersey will include folded sleeve cuffs and comes with a red short. Like the Home Kit the Away Jersey will be presented in early 2014."

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2013/09/usa-2014-world-cup-home-and-away-kit.html

Not what I expected. Will be interesting to see if true.

Sounds like an England kit.

Which in turn are reckoned to look like US kits...

By whom?

When the new Nike England home shirt was unveiled earlier in the year, there were quite a few folk suggesting that it looked rather like something the US team would wear.

Very interesting insight into the US kits. I am intrigued and yet slightly apprehensive. I was hoping they'd use the location of Brazil to debut an actual red sash on the white kit. The all red away is what is scaring me. I think red works incredibly well for the US when used with heavy doses of navy blue. All red doesn't sound as appealing. I was immediately reminded me of this video from the 2011 third kit. The Nike rep specifically stated that a red short was an option if they wanted to go that route but they felt the navy blue shorts provided the best color combination. Those comments come around 5 minutes.

Hmm. I never heard that - most of the fans I know were more grateful that England was looking more like England again, with the darker crest.

To be fair, there were more complaints regarding it looking like a Germany shirt due to the darkness of the blue being used - in the early pictures it looked almost black. You can imagine how happy the English tabloid press was that we were looking a tad German, I think even De Bild got in on the act as well.

Archived