2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a red shirt with white sleeves. It's really no different from any number if shirts nike produced for Arsenal, if it's genuine. It's funny how people pre conceptions of certain manufacturers affect people's critiques around here.

Has nothing to do with the manufacturer - Nike has produced some of the best kits Arsenal has worn in decades, along with one of the worst. All along the same lines as "a red shirt with white sleeves"

This particular red shirt with white sleeves is not as nice as many of Nike's versions. That little finger of white on the shoulder - goofy.

For a decade, Fire fans have clamored for the return of a city flag kit. This year, the team finally promised to make a third kit based on the city flag for the 2014 season.

Yeah, the Fire promise a lot of things.

option3_zps7051ee00.jpg

I must have missed the city council meeting where Rahm Emanuel sold city flag branding rights to MLS in a public-private partnership, but given everything else he's done, I certainly can't rule out it having happened.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I doubt Henry would be wearing a fake kit.

Even more so when he's pictured alongside current Arsenal players who are also wearing Puma branded club clobber.

The original source of the photo - the official twitter account of Linford Christie - also adds credibility to the pic.

Even more so when he's pictured alongside current Arsenal players who are also wearing Puma branded club clobber.

The original source of the photo - the official twitter account of Linford Christie - also adds credibility to the pic.

I guess all we can do is wait for either:

A ) more photos of this shirt.

B ) leaks/releases of other Puma shirts using the same template.

Until then we can only speculate. However, I would say that along with the above comment, the clues are there to suggest this is probably real.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Especially as Linford Christies has been a long time ambassador for Puma. I don't think there is a chance that this is a 'fake'. Whether or not it's the finished, finalised Arsenal 2014-15 kit maybe another matter however.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nope, it is legit: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/246015.html

Premier League

Olympic 100m gold medal winner Linford Christie appears to have jumped the gun on Arsenal's kit for next season - after tweeting and quickly deleting a picture of club legend Thierry Henry in a new Puma-sponsored shirt.

Christie posted the picture on Tuesday of himself with Henry, a fellow Puma ambassador, alongside Arsenal's Olivier Giroud and Bacary Sagna. Giroud also appears to be sporting more new Puma apparel.

However it didn't take long for Christie - who won gold for Great Britain in Barcelona in 1992 - to remove the post, though not before it had gone viral.

Arsenal signed a British record £150 million five-year deal with Puma in May that will come into effect from the end of the season. The club have worn kits manufactured by Nike since 1994.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/246015.html#KLeWrqUAmtHq7uBh.99

Nope, it is legit: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/246015.html

Premier League

Olympic 100m gold medal winner Linford Christie appears to have jumped the gun on Arsenal's kit for next season - after tweeting and quickly deleting a picture of club legend Thierry Henry in a new Puma-sponsored shirt.

Christie posted the picture on Tuesday of himself with Henry, a fellow Puma ambassador, alongside Arsenal's Olivier Giroud and Bacary Sagna. Giroud also appears to be sporting more new Puma apparel.

However it didn't take long for Christie - who won gold for Great Britain in Barcelona in 1992 - to remove the post, though not before it had gone viral.

Arsenal signed a British record £150 million five-year deal with Puma in May that will come into effect from the end of the season. The club have worn kits manufactured by Nike since 1994.

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/246015.html#KLeWrqUAmtHq7uBh.99

There's no real evidence in that article that it's the finalised kit. (I'm not saying it isn't mind). It could easily be a prototype for instance. It seems very early to have all the kit details worked and made up like that. We've seen relatively early leaks from Puma before, but we've also seen early leaks turn out not to be the finalised kit in the end.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

The Puma teamwear catalog leaked earlier (I think it's since been disappeared from the web) had a very similar template that was clearly meant for Arsenal. So I'd say this is legit, or at least very close to the final product.

I'm trying to look on the bright side of this. With the manufacturer switch, the old (vastly superior) Nike gear should be available on clearance.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

The new away shirt for Club Atlético Colón de Santa Fe...

9pfp.jpg

Looks like the gradient is becoming rather popular again, Umbro have already wheeled out a couple of others of late.

Looks like a mix of Nike and Umbro. Still a good look.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Another South American offering, this time from Flamengo and Adidas...

9cd0.jpg

Flamengo's third shirt, showing key sites in Rio de Janeiro - Sugar Loaf Mountain, Corcovado and the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas. A bit different but I quite like it.

Another South American offering, this time from Flamengo and Adidas...

9cd0.jpg

Flamengo's third shirt, showing key sites in Rio de Janeiro - Sugar Loaf Mountain, Corcovado and the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas. A bit different but I quite like it.

This is the exact kind of thing I find acceptable on third kits but not home or away. Had it been on a home or away shirt I probably wouldnt like it as much as I do.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Archived