2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

Another South American offering, this time from Flamengo and Adidas...

9cd0.jpg

Flamengo's third shirt, showing key sites in Rio de Janeiro - Sugar Loaf Mountain, Corcovado and the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas. A bit different but I quite like it.

Augh, I want to not like it, but it just looks to good.

(for a third of course)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(for a third of course)

It's one of those that the kit snob in you thinks you shouldn't like, but it's actually a pretty decent effort.

Anyway, to South America once more for a rather more sober shirt - River Plate's new away...

t6ci.jpg

(for a third of course)

It's one of those that the kit snob in you thinks you shouldn't like, but it's actually a pretty decent effort.

Anyway, to South America once more for a rather more sober shirt - River Plate's new away...

t6ci.jpg

So we get a glimpse of what might have been had Arsenal gone with Adidas rather than Puma.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

When was the last time a team upgraded by switching away from Nike? Even their off-the-shelf designs are better than most.

Fulham and Aston Villa come to mind... Sadly.
Fulham always seemed to order from a catalog. This year they look terrible. Villa does look better with Macron but Macron seems to listen to their client and what they want. adidas seems to say, here are your options, pick one.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I don't agree Nike is fantastic and everyone else sucks. AC Milan have often looked better than Inter in recent years, so there is hope for the old lady! And Newcastle didn't look bad in Adidas.

I think both Nike and Adidas do a great job with their top teams - especially Nike. They seem to do a nice job of creating distinctive designs for their flagship teams. Nike seems to do a better job with its 2nd and 3rd tier teams as Adidas slips into full template mode once they get away from the Chelseas, AC Milans, Real, and Bayern Munichs. Puma tends to go template no matter what team it is.

z9e0rqit393ojiizsemd0t1hx.gif74937881997.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)North Carolina Tar Heels (2015 - Pres)

Another South American offering, this time from Flamengo and Adidas...

9cd0.jpg

Flamengo's third shirt, showing key sites in Rio de Janeiro - Sugar Loaf Mountain, Corcovado and the Lagoa Rodrigo de Freitas. A bit different but I quite like it.

(for a third of course)

Looks like the state of Virginia above the C

90758391980.gif

When was the last time a team upgraded by switching away from Nike? Even their off-the-shelf designs are better than most.

Fulham and Aston Villa come to mind... Sadly.
Fulham always seemed to order from a catalog. This year they look terrible. Villa does look better with Macron but Macron seems to listen to their client and what they want. adidas seems to say, here are your options, pick one.

Well as so far as Villa's concerned, the replica kits didn't come in until, like, November or December one year and we were all fed up with it IIRC.

But yeah, I've been happy with the kit designs Macron's churned out. Granted, it probably has something to do with being their biggest client, but we've at least looked good these last couple of years. I do miss Nike shirts, though, as I find them much more comfortable to wear.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived