2013-14 Soccer kits

UnclearInitial

USA has told the Supporters to wear RED for the past 5+ years, so they better not come out with a plain white jersey for the World Cup. They should keep the Red & White stripes forever. Its American, and no one else has that look. I would be in favor of changing the crest too.

Paraguay play in red and white (vertical) stripes. I do think the US soccer team needs to find an identity though. I think red and white hoops (horizontal stripes) is a good look for them. But they need to stick to it.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May sound gay,

Can you please not use that phrase?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

So, who wants to start speculating on what the US kits for the World Cup will look like?

I have no guesses other than it won't look like what it should: something similar to the centenary kits.

I doubt they'll go with their throwback crest like in the Centenary kits, unfortunately. For the World Cup, they'll want to use their real badge, no matter how dated/bad it is. It'll probably be its final year anyway.

I hope they go with a stars & stripes theme. Red and white striped kit, blue kit with a few white stars or something. May sound queer, but it screams MERICA. As long as we do not get anything close to the Pageant kits we got in WC 2010.

I think we can come up with something good. The kits we are using now are sharp, but I doubt we'll stick with either of them for the world cup. I'm praying they keep the Where's waldo look-- and the Centenary kits, but that's highly unlikely.

We already know they are getting new home and away shirts, so they will not be keeping the centenary kits (which wouldn't have made sense to do anyways).

USA has told the Supporters to wear RED for the past 5+ years, so they better not come out with a plain white jersey for the World Cup. They should keep the Red & White stripes forever. Its American, and no one else has that look. I would be in favor of changing the crest too.

Paraguay play in red and white (vertical) stripes. I do think the US soccer team needs to find an identity though. I think red and white hoops (horizontal stripes) is a good look for them. But they need to stick to it.

I agree with sticking with a design and going with it. It may be fun to throw in a alternate every once in a while, but we really should stick with--at least-- our home kit, which I would hope being the red and white stripes one. It's unique and screams USA.

May sound gay,

Can you please not use that phrase?

Changed it.

So, who wants to start speculating on what the US kits for the World Cup will look like?

I have no guesses other than it won't look like what it should: something similar to the centenary kits.

I doubt they'll go with their throwback crest like in the Centenary kits, unfortunately. For the World Cup, they'll want to use their real badge, no matter how dated/bad it is. It'll probably be its final year anyway.

I hope they go with a stars & stripes theme. Red and white striped kit, blue kit with a few white stars or something. May sound queer, but it screams MERICA. As long as we do not get anything close to the Pageant kits we got in WC 2010.

I think we can come up with something good. The kits we are using now are sharp, but I doubt we'll stick with either of them for the world cup. I'm praying they keep the Where's waldo look-- and the Centenary kits, but that's highly unlikely.

We already know they are getting new home and away shirts, so they will not be keeping the centenary kits (which wouldn't have made sense to do anyways).

True, but it seems like the Centenary kits have been a fan favorite. There was a lot of fuss about actually changing to the old crest on the Centenary kit, but I doubt that'll happen. It looks good as a throwback, but it's way to outdated to make a comeback. That being said, the current one has that 'stuck-in-the-90's' look, which needs changing as well. I've seen some great concepts on this website and others.

The stripes need to stay, as well as a blue kit as an away. If I see a black kit, I will be furious.

The red and white hoops is certainly a very distinctive look, off the top of my head I can't think of any other international team that plays in proper hoops.

It's a unique shirt, it looks good - I think the US would be crackers not to go with it as a permanent choice.

The red and white hoops is certainly a very distinctive look, off the top of my head I can't think of any other international team that plays in proper hoops.

It's a unique shirt, it looks good - I think the US would be crackers not to go with it as a permanent choice.

I would be more likely to agree with that were it not for the rule requiring a box around the numbers in back. That really messes it up for me.

I would be more likely to agree with that were it not for the rule requiring a box around the numbers in back. That really messes it up for me.

I actually don't mind that part too much.

I honestly think the hoops is the perfect design for the US national team. Maybe for the away kit have it be a navy kit with two slim red and white lines on the cuffs? Something simple along those lines.

I changed it to 'girly', unless that offends the huge population of females on the forum. If only I had taken the Politically correctness chapter seriously in my speech class last year. :lol:

I would love for the US to go with the red hoops but the red hoop that has the crest on it would be navy, in my head this looks awesome. Maybe put three white stars on the navy hoop instead of the crest. I don't think the US needs to have our dated crest on our kits to be recognizable.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I honestly think the hoops is the perfect design for the US national team. Maybe for the away kit have it be a navy kit with two slim red and white lines on the cuffs? Something simple along those lines.

I changed it to 'girly', unless that offends the huge population of females on the forum. If only I had taken the Politically correctness chapter seriously in my speech class last year. :lol:

See that's your issue. You've now equated "gay" and "queer" with both the lesser and more specifically "girly" which isn't right at all.

But yeah, let's keep laughing about it, why don't we?

6fQjS3M.png

See that's your issue. You've now equated "gay" and "queer" with both the lesser and more specifically "girly" which isn't right at all.

people start getting offended by the word "queer"

I just don't really see a problem with using the word gay/queer as an adjective to describe something that is kinda soft looking. Much like the term girly, which also means 'soft'. Then again, I am just a smart- :censored: punk high-schooler so what would I know.

No you are an insensitive jerk, there is no place for that on these boards, or life in general. I used to hate soccer (I used to say it as gay), I was homophobic and had no problem saying those things as well, we all mature and I hope at some point you realize your words can hurt. Also girly isn't offensive because girls generally have a style in opposition to men but saying gay or queer is asinine. I guarantee for every flambouyant gay who fits your stereotype there are many many more who seem like manly men.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

No you are an insensitive jerk, there is no place for that on these boards, or life in general. I used to hate soccer (I used to say it as gay), I was homophobic and had no problem saying those things as well, we all mature and I hope at some point you realize your words can hurt. Also girly isn't offensive because girls generally have a style in opposition to men but saying gay or queer is asinine. I guarantee for every flambouyant gay who fits your stereotype there are many many more who seem like manly men.

Using the word "queer" doesn't make you homophobic. I see people are still getting 'butt-hurt' by a measly word on forums, no wonder I stopped going on forums, I was annoyed by people bickering over stupid things instead of focusing on the topic.

/Pointlessargument

I just don't really see a problem with using the word gay/queer as an adjective to describe something that is kinda soft looking. Much like the term girly, which also means 'soft'. Then again, I am just a smart- :censored: punk high-schooler so what would I know.

Yes, you are a punk high-schooler, anyone should know that gay men are always hard and muscled. :rolleyes:

Nike has referenced, but not actually replicated, the 1950 World Cup shirts... seems inevitable that this design will come back eventually.

us-19506.jpg

I just do not like the whole diagonal stripe pageant show look.. It looked terrible in the World Cup. While that doesn't look as bad, it still wouldn't look good compared to what could be made. Even a simple striping like on the cuffs or the sides would be better then that. The more I see the badge, the more i'm starting to like the simplicity.

Who cares about the gay thing...you know what he meant, its a saying. Not everything has to be politically correct. As for USA, it would be a mistake if they don't go with red and white stripes. The popularity of the team is growing at such a fast rate, they need a permanent look now.

Archived