Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

Picked up a couple items at Goodwill yesterday...

This Winterhawks hat for $1.49

8550946352_21cf420056_n.jpg

And this unusual Lithuania Nike hockey jersey for $3.99

8550946110_edb993c438.jpg

I'm trying to find out what year or years the jersey comes from, but none of my Google searches have come up with any matches...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England jersey (replica I think) $14.99

A6FA3FC5-719F-4E8A-8B59-4F5B5BC90456-2506-000002EBF9DAF91F.jpg

Ireland long sleeve authentic jersey (goalkeeper?) $14.99

A36A5619-0770-4B06-89E1-1DAF60903BBC-2506-000002EC02EE0974.jpg

New York Cosmos long sleeve authentic goalkeeper jersey $12.9989C7156C-9B91-4A74-9F40-A1F55CC30D5D-2506-000002EC0AC06918.jpg

They also had this Cosmos jersey, but I couldn't find it in my size. It was only $6.99. I'm not sure if it's a replica, throwback or practice jersey.

6CE3CD7A-3197-46C9-89DE-8C4EEC43DA17-2506-000002FF4C590905.jpg

Where did you find these?

At Ross in Springfield, IL. It just opened today.

A Ross just opened in Danville. I REALLY need to get in there and see if I can find any great snags in there.

A Ross just opened in Danville. I REALLY need to get in there and see if I can find any great snags in there.

I'm not sure if it's the same for all Ross stores, but the store here in Springfield gets new shipments every Tuesday. I'll be going back today to see if they have anything new.

8 bucks.

Have to ask where did you find this gem?

Buffalo City Mission in Cheektowaga.

I think I was checking for some bad Xmas sweaters and it stuck out like a sore thumb amongst the normal shirts it was grouped with. Had to add it to the collection.

bufg.png

I'm trying to find out what year or years the jersey comes from, but none of my Google searches have come up with any matches...

If that Lithuania jersey is a M or L and for sale, let me know. If not, congrats on the awesome find!

Hit another TJMaxx today with more authentic Gonzaga jerseys - white #00, sizes M/L/XL/XXL, blue #20 and #41 sizes S/M/L/XL. $24.99 a pop.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

If that Lithuania jersey is a M or L and for sale, let me know. If not, congrats on the awesome find!

Hit another TJMaxx today with more authentic Gonzaga jerseys - white #00, sizes M/L/XL/XXL, blue #20 and #41 sizes S/M/L/XL. $24.99 a pop.

Unfortunately, it's an XL. But it is for sale, if you or anyone else is interested. I imagine it's probably going to eBay in the near future.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Went to Ross today and picked up a 2012 Eastern Conference and 2012 Western Conference hat for $20! Spent a half our looking through a single rack and found a butt-ton of really cool soccer jerseys. I didn't buy any but I was tempted to pick up a pair of Chicago Fire jerseys and a REALLY nice White Sox thermal. But, I fought the urge and saved the money for later in the week once they get a couple shipments in. The manager of the store told me they receive up to three times a week, so I will be stopping in a few times a week from now on!

Went to Ross today and picked up a 2012 Eastern Conference and 2012 Western Conference hat for $20! Spent a half our looking through a single rack and found a butt-ton of really cool soccer jerseys. I didn't buy any but I was tempted to pick up a pair of Chicago Fire jerseys and a REALLY nice White Sox thermal. But, I fought the urge and saved the money for later in the week once they get a couple shipments in. The manager of the store told me they receive up to three times a week, so I will be stopping in a few times a week from now on!

The Ross in my town had the red and navy Chicago Fire jerseys from last year too. They only had the red in my size. I almost got it, but decided not to. I'm not a big Adidas fan.

The Ross in my town had the red and navy Chicago Fire jerseys from last year too. They only had the red in my size. I almost got it, but decided not to. I'm not a big Adidas fan.

Did you check the price on them? And what town was it in?

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Did you check the price on them? And what town was it in?

It was in Springfield, IL and I believe they were $25. They only had one navy jersey and it was a small. They had one red jersey in medium. They might have had a couple of the red ones in bigger sizes, but I'm not sure. This was on Thursday, so I'm not sure if they still are there.

Been half heartedly looking on & off on EvilBay for a Manitoba Moose jersey that wasn't too expensive. Though the pickings are usually slim at the local thrift stores I lucked into this one at Value Village for $10 this past week.

manitoba_moose_jersey_zps3df4bcc6.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

Archived