Thrift Store Gems 2013

johnnysama

Found this at Marshalls for a whopping $4. Can never go wrong with a 'shersey'. Been wanting one like this so pretty excited.

0e7d5f4e92b911e2a3d822000a1f9be5_7.jpg

How did a Brent Burns Wild shersey end up in ATL (if you live there)? That's what I love about this thread.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Marshalls just opened up two blocks from my house.

img10827139med.jpg

$12

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Found this at Marshalls for a whopping $4. Can never go wrong with a 'shersey'. Been wanting one like this so pretty excited.

How did a Brent Burns Wild shersey end up in ATL (if you live there)? That's what I love about this thread.

I saw a pile of old Padres BP hats at Marshalls in pittsburgh once. Someone at the shipping center probably just saw the "P" and the colors and assumed it was for Pitt

1zgyd8w.jpg

Here's this past week hockey finds at the thrift stores - all $2 each. Got two of the 50"x60" inch Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees blankets (were on for half off original price), one size large shirt of the local Universitiy team, and one Bobby Hull figurine.

Bees_Wolves_Hull_Panorama_zpsd421db8d.jpg

"Just when I thought you'd said the stupidest thing, you keep on talking" - Hank Hill

A few to report:

I found a Miroslav Satan Sabres jersey for $10, but passed on it.

But, I did get a Cleveland Indians BP jersey for $5 a few weeks ago, and an Oregon State football jersey (#8, orange) for $10 yesterday. Here it is:

IMG_20130414_141956_329_zpsbffd5898.jpg

UBwef0L.png

Found this at Value Village for $8

JaysGem_zps8100202b.jpg

It's the unused graphite road jersey that was unveiled along with the other Black Jays stuff, but never saw the field. That's probably why I got it for such a low price, since it's not immediately recognizable as a Blue Jays jersey to most people (my local thrift stores charge close to actual value for authentic jerseys of pro sports teams). It's huge (size 56), so I'll never wear it, but it's a really great addition to my collection, given its rarity.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Once they chickened out on the graphite road look, any chance of that Jays revamp sticking around went out the window. Turned it right into something as bland as possible.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

A few to report:

I found a Miroslav Satan Sabres jersey for $10, but passed on it.

But, I did get a Cleveland Indians BP jersey for $5 a few weeks ago, and an Oregon State football jersey (#8, orange) for $10 yesterday. Here it is:

IMG_20130414_141956_329_zpsbffd5898.jpg

Dude you are the thrift shop jersey king(besides me). One day I'll have to post all of the sports stuff I've found at thrift shops, but today is not that day.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I saw a pile of old Padres BP hats at Marshalls in pittsburgh once. Someone at the shipping center probably just saw the "P" and the colors and assumed it was for Pitt

Yes I live in the Metro-Atlanta area, roughly 40 minutes from the city. This was on a rack of about 5 of these shirts. Funny you should mention the Padres, Elwood. To the left ot he rack where I found this were about 25 Padres beanies NWT. Where the hell did those come from?

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

I love seeing what you guys find, however being from Australia, I don't get the opportunity to go Thrift shopping for sporting gear, I will be in the US in June/July though and would love to go to some of these stores. I was just wondering what are good places to go to, where to look and any other general tips. I will be in Seattle and Whidbey Island (Washington), Chicago(Illinois), Jackson(Mississippi) and New Orleans(Louisiana). Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated and I cant wait to see if I can find something :)

New Marshalls just opened up two blocks from my house.

img10827139med.jpg

$12

If you have the means, hit me with one of these. PM me if u can

They only had two. My bro bought one, and another guy bought the other one before I could even think about getting it for myself. Sorry.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived