2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

I took the jock tag off of my Blue Jackets third jersey and you really can't tell it was every there. In fact, until reading this thread I had forgotten I'd done that and I was wearing the jersey two nights ago.

For the record, the CBJ 3rd jersey that I own was a christmas present from my ex-girlfriend. The only reason I approved her buying it for me was because there's no patches on the shoulders for the replica to ruin.

My next Jackets jersey will be an authentic with real shoulder patches. Those crappy plastic things are a total deal breaker for me, which I guess was their intention when they decided to make them that way.

I remove my jock tags using a thread ripper (they are like $1.50) and it takes about 10 mintues. Once they're gone you can never tell they were there. However, I have noticed on one of my white jerseys it left a tiny ghost shadow.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took the jock tag off of my Blue Jackets third jersey and you really can't tell it was every there. In fact, until reading this thread I had forgotten I'd done that and I was wearing the jersey two nights ago.

For the record, the CBJ 3rd jersey that I own was a christmas present from my ex-girlfriend. The only reason I approved her buying it for me was because there's no patches on the shoulders for the replica to ruin.

My next Jackets jersey will be an authentic with real shoulder patches. Those crappy plastic things are a total deal breaker for me, which I guess was their intention when they decided to make them that way.

LOL, make sure to get that from NHL Shop. The Blue Line's jersey prices are rediculous. They are charging 70 dollars more for Sideshow Bob jerseys.

Yeah, but the NHL Shop's "authentics" are actually knockoffs made in Indonesia. If the Jackets' pro shop is selling the Canadian-made real deal, it's worth a bit of an upcharge (though they're still way overpriced in my book).

Now, Nashville's pro shop was selling blank Indonesian jerseys for $300, so :censored: them sideways.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

?

Yeah, but the NHL Shop's "authentics" are actually knockoffs made in Indonesia. If the Jackets' pro shop is selling the Canadian-made real deal, it's worth a bit of an upcharge (though they're still way overpriced in my book).

Now, Nashville's pro shop was selling blank Indonesian jerseys for $300, so :censored: them sideways.

?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

LOL, make sure to get that from NHL Shop. The Blue Line's jersey prices are rediculous. They are charging 70 dollars more for Sideshow Bob jerseys.

I worked at the Blue Line in college and that Bobrovsky price is probably because it's a lettered jersey. The blanks are about $70 less. And If I'm paying that much for an authentic I'm not getting a player on it that'll probably leave in a couple years. It's going to be a blank that's guaranteed to last.

PvO6ZWJ.png

?

?

Most authentic Edge jerseys on the market right now are made in Indonesia. There are 3 distinct types, Edge 1.0, Edge 2.0, and Indo-Edge. 2.0 has never been released for retail and is normally only acquired as a game-worn of team issue jersey. Surprise surprise, this is what most teams wear and the most "authentic". Indo-Edge has never been worn on the ice.

I have a few 2.0s in my collection, they have the Edge material for the back but the old CCM material for the chest, among other differences. Some even have a felt NHL logo on the collar versus the original one. A lot of players hated it because it has surprsingly pointy tips on the NHL shield!

Didn't the black/gold thing stem from Brian Burke wanting the Ducks to dress up as an Army team? West Point is, I'm sure, quite truculent.

That and something or other about Burke growing up as a Bruins fan.

Actually, I stumbled across this page featuring some of the prototype logos. A couple of these were leaked, and you can see with at least one where they started experimenting with a webfoot based design, also it looks like they considered keeping the duck mask logo and making minor adjustments to it.

Anaheim_Ducks_Logo_Development_LR.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1339172606060

Really shows how less bland this clubs look could be, such a shame they went with a Penguins rip-off.

All of these > bland workmark

sig.png

I wouldn't say all of them. That one where they just stuck on a wood duck in place of the mask is pretty lousy. Although that one to the left of it is superb, and was one of the ones that got leaked (the other being the cartoony duck holding a stick on the bottom row). I was really hoping they'd end up going with that or similar, and it's a damned shame they didn't.

According to rumours from a Ducks forum I'm on, the final design they went with was chosen by the Samuelis' 16 year old daughter. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that turned out to be true.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I really wish the Islanders would junk their current third...most would probably agree it is awful. If they must have a third, go back to something similar to their navy blue look when the Edge debuted. I honestly liked the Stanley Cup stripes on the shoulder. Don't change the current home and away, but add the navy blue edge as a third and you have the perfect look for them. No need to get creative with black or orange jerseys.

70389454.png

That's a good point. Although he shows promise, we know how hockey goes with throwing around players. For that much I guess it would be better to get your own name put on it.

Not doing that either. Opinions on this topic can get very heated around here, but in my opinion, putting your own name on your team's jersey is the height of dorkosity.

PvO6ZWJ.png

?

?

Most authentic Edge jerseys on the market right now are made in Indonesia. There are 3 distinct types, Edge 1.0, Edge 2.0, and Indo-Edge. 2.0 has never been released for retail and is normally only acquired as a game-worn of team issue jersey. Surprise surprise, this is what most teams wear and the most "authentic". Indo-Edge has never been worn on the ice.

I have a few 2.0s in my collection, they have the Edge material for the back but the old CCM material for the chest, among other differences. Some even have a felt NHL logo on the collar versus the original one. A lot of players hated it because it has surprsingly pointy tips on the NHL shield!

IceJerseys is actually selling the Canadian-made authentics now, and is advertising them as such. Easiest ways to tell them apart at first glance: The Canadian ones have the "Center Ice" neck tag, whereas the Indo-Edge knockoffs have no tag, and lime green interior neck trim with the size printed (and a helpful "Made In Indonesia").

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

How are they "knock-offs". I can't imagine the NHL's official store would sell knockoffs.

Well, they are officially licensed. However, they're something of an inferior quality being sold and marketed as something they actually are not. That's a knockoff in my book. (Or a ripoff, at bare minimum.)

Sharks are having a Buy One Get One Free sale on their white and teal replica jerseys for the next month. Hope this doesn't mean the atrocious black jerseys are getting promoted to primary status next season.

Somewhat of an unpopular opinion: I don't think the Sharks' alts are that bad. Sure, they don't look that good, but I wouldn't call them "atrocious". Obviously teal works better for the primary, but I think they'd make great alternates with a few tweaks. If they added hem stripes, a teal collar, and inverted the colours on the numbers (so they were teal with a white outline), they'd be great.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

According to rumours from a Ducks forum I'm on, the final design they went with was chosen by the Samuelis' 16 year old daughter. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that turned out to be true.

Wow. I feel like a piece of :censored:.

... I root for a team ran by little girls.

I hate seeing what could have been. So sad with the possibility the Ducks had, and what they ended up going with. Such a cool name, and they screw it up. Lightning did the same thing. With a great unique name, and they go and use clip art with no depth.

2ly2w09.jpg

I hate seeing what could have been. So sad with the possibility the Ducks had, and what they ended up going with. Such a cool name, and they screw it up. Lightning did the same thing. With a great unique name, and they go and use clip art with no depth.

While I don't love what they are using now, I'm sure glad they didn't go with at least half of those logos I can make out. I'm lost as to what a lot of you people see in there...they all look pretty dodgy to me (apart from the first one, but thats a repeat so that doesn't count). I personally would put the webbed D at the top, which is what they should have gone with from day one and just used the wordmark as that, a wordmark. Also, I like Anaheims colors. Call them a Penguins rip off, I don't care, there's heaps of blue and red teams. Shouldn't Pittsburgh be considered more of a bland team than Anaheim? After all they use one less color.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived