2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like how they're still honoring a player who never even played a game for the team.

Well, he was a favourite over here with the Moose and was one of the first FA's the Jets ever signed. Both teams are owned by True North, so I guess it's not really that far of a reach.

As for tributes, as long as they are recognized, I have no problem with whether the patch's style matches the era of the player/person. Bonus points if you do get the era right, though.

I personally felt like the Kings shoehorned the Sandy Hook memorial, though. I would've thought they would give it a bit more attention, but the gesture was nice nevertheless.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I don't like how they're still honoring a player who never even played a game for the team.

Well, he was a favourite over here with the Moose and was one of the first FA's the Jets ever signed. Both teams are owned by True North, so I guess it's not really that far of a reach.

As for tributes, as long as they are recognized, I have no problem with whether the patch's style matches the era of the player/person. Bonus points if you do get the era right, though.

I personally felt like the Kings shoehorned the Sandy Hook memorial, though. I would've thought they would give it a bit more attention, but the gesture was nice nevertheless.

The Jets almost consider their franchise a promotion of the Moose to the NHL with a name change. The old Moose banners are still in the MTS Centre rafters, similar to the Seattle Sounders "moving up" to MLS.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

Boy are these Kings jerseys the epitome of drab. It's too bad they'll be sticking around due to the recent Cup but when you see all the purple in the arena it reminds you of how much more character that color scheme has. Hopefully someone comes to their senses in these coming years and pushes to bring back the purple

I agree. I like them as alternates, but I think making them the full-time home jerseys and matching aways was a mistake. The 1998-2011 look was superior in every way - the colors, the design, and especially the logo.

The Jets almost consider their franchise a promotion of the Moose to the NHL with a name change. The old Moose banners are still in the MTS Centre rafters, similar to the Seattle Sounders "moving up" to MLS.

I don't thik that's quite entirely true. The moose and jets are the same owners, and that was the moose's home while the jets were away. Now that the jets are back there isn't any room for the moose, but I think they will always honor them, as they sort of paved the way for the jets to "return". It's a continuation of Winnipeg hockey, but they can't really see themselves as being promoted as this wasn't an expansion. This is the Atlanta thrashers renamed.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I don't thik that's quite entirely true. The moose and jets are the same owners, and that was the moose's home while the jets were away. Now that the jets are back there isn't any room for the moose, but I think they will always honor them, as they sort of paved the way for the jets to "return". It's a continuation of Winnipeg hockey, but they can't really see themselves as being promoted as this wasn't an expansion. This is the Atlanta thrashers renamed.

I guess promoted wasn't the right word, but this is why they would honor someone who never played for the Jets.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

A connected poster on a different site claims that the Oilers are unveiling their 3rd jersey against SJ on Tuesday's Home Opener in Edmonton.

My money is on something WHA themed.

Say what?

Oilers. Alternate jersey. Tuesday against San Jose. Rumoured. Poster seems to be connected in the organization.

I know that style guides and everything said that the Oilers have nothing coming down the pipe for 2012-2013, but I wonder if the Oilers asked for approval when the lockout began to speed up the process and use it this season as a "reward/surprise" for fans when the league returned.

I don't know though. Take the rumour with a grain of salt for now, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Oilers have a surprise up their sleeves.

GG3 = George Gund III, one of the original owners of the Sharks (and Oakland/California/Cleveland Golden/Seals/Barons)

Oh yeah. I forgot that he passed away. He had the sanity of naming the team "Sharks" rather then "Blades". You remember back in 1991 when they had the name the team contest? Believe it or not "Blades" was number one. Thank the fates that the Gunds decided that "Sharks" (which was number two) would have been better.

I'm pretty sure that they went with Sharks because they thought Blades had to many gang connotations

I'm not sure if anyone of you caught this, but some Stars fans were wearing some interesting jerseys last night....

Star-Telegram photo

I doubt they will be the new jerseys, of course. But it's an interesting way to honor the past.

Might that be the jersey of a local youth hockey team, seeing as there are five boys all about the same age wearing it together?

As an aside, it really points out just how necessary gold is to the Stars' colour scheme. Those jerseys are incredibly drab and there is little to no contrast between the green and the black.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

A connected poster on a different site claims that the Oilers are unveiling their 3rd jersey against SJ on Tuesday's Home Opener in Edmonton.

My money is on something WHA themed.

Oilers2.png

Make it happen, Edmonton.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm not sure if anyone of you caught this, but some Stars fans were wearing some interesting jerseys last night....

Star-Telegram photo

I doubt they will be the new jerseys, of course. But it's an interesting way to honor the past.

Might that be the jersey of a local youth hockey team, seeing as there are five boys all about the same age wearing it together?

As an aside, it really points out just how necessary gold is to the Stars' colour scheme. Those jerseys are incredibly drab and there is little to no contrast between the green and the black.

Yeah maybe.

Although I love the Stars overall color scheme of green, gold, and black, there REALLY needs to be much more emphasis on green. You know, since it's the main color and all. Thankfully, it's coming.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived