2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

Sorry this is completely spontaneous, I didn't want to start a new topic.

Has anyone seen this picture before?

604bc84e510a769558111c0f461e32a7.jpg

Those seem to be re-purposed St. Louis Blues threads haha.

/end

As you were.

Google had(has?) a roller hockey team.. played them a few times way back in the day.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry this is completely spontaneous, I didn't want to start a new topic.

Has anyone seen this picture before?

604bc84e510a769558111c0f461e32a7.jpg

Those seem to be re-purposed St. Louis Blues threads haha.

/end

As you were.

Google had(has?) a roller hockey team.. played them a few times way back in the day.

I saw this on HFBoards. Sens fans are apparently trying to petition the team into changing their jerseys.

http://twitter.com/sensinblack

http://twitter.com/sensinblack/status/364138685874200576

pd4aJha.jpg

Ugh. Why not just make a white version of the current alt and call it a day?

Because a white version of that jersey would look terrible. Besides, the franchise that wore the =O= logo is not the same team. Nothing wrong with them using it once in a while as a heritage deal but the Senators inaugural season was in 1993 and they have always worn Red, Black, White and Gold with a Centurion on the front that's the way it should be.

As for the proposed design? I think it looks absolutely fantastic. It would vault the Senators from one of the league's worst dressed teams to the best overnight. Only thing I'd change is adding the shoulder patches from the inaugural set and white stripes to the black jersey to make it pop. Would also get rid of the association with the Kings, Lightning and Red Wings jerseys Hockey week posted earlier.

I saw this on HFBoards. Sens fans are apparently trying to petition the team into changing their jerseys.

http://twitter.com/sensinblack

http://twitter.com/sensinblack/status/364138685874200576

pd4aJha.jpg

I'd be all for that. Their original set was great and this is pretty close to it. Their current uniforms are a nightmare and the 3D Centurion just doesnt work well.

That was a very solid set. All went downhill when they changed from that. From the wavy front stripe to the 3d Centurion to the cookie cutter garbage they have now. The only exception was the black jersey with the laurel stripes (and even that had the 3d logo). I like their current third, but it's just an homage to the original franchise, so it doesn't count. I'd be all for a rebrand.

sig.png

That black sweater looks like a recolored Lightning sweater. The last thing we need is more teams copying each other.

IMO, any Senators redesign should be based around this:

on7JTxA.png

The difference though is the senators look good, and still look like the senators, the lightning look like a :censored:ty copy od the leafs

There's too many teams that wear red jerseys and socks with black helmets and pants. 4 by my count. The Senators would be the only red and black team wearing black jerseys and socks with black pants and helmets (as a primary). But I don't think that photoshop making the rounds is the answer.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The all black look was good because the Leafs, and Habs were long established as blue and red so to have a new club move inbetween them, black really set them apart, it was Ottawa's colour.

If they wanted to be the opposite of the Habs and Leafs they should have gone with Orange, Green and Black.

Habs red white and blue : opposite would be green, black and orange.

Leafs blue and white: opposite would be orange and black.

Nice concept but those sleeves on the whites are giving me flashbacks to the Islanders Edge set.

Seriously, despite the terd in the picture, they need to go back to these.

yashin-ottawa-getty-craigmelvin.jpg?w=32402515_display_image.jpg?1311743409

Yep, I'm in full agreement. The absolute epitome of a modern classic right here. How anyone can advocate going with a generic, times new roman "O" when this exists is beyond me. Shows how irrational this retro craze has gotten...

Nice concept but those sleeves on the whites are giving me flashbacks to the Islanders Edge set.

Seriously, despite the terd in the picture, they need to go back to these.

yashin-ottawa-getty-craigmelvin.jpg?w=32402515_display_image.jpg?1311743409

Strange association...

What about the Red Wings?

Nicklas_Lidstrom_2010-01-31.JPG

Or the early 90's Penguins?

jagr-lemieux.jpg

Those are great sweaters, and I love that different colored sleeve look.

I think he meant an established colour that actually looked good rather than the complimentary opposite of the two teams.

I think black orange and green would look good.

It would make me rush my move to Florida more than anything else. I can't find a way in my mind that those colours would work

I think he meant an established colour that actually looked good rather than the complimentary opposite of the two teams.

It would make me rush my move to Florida more than anything else. I can't find a way in my mind that those colours would work
So you'd go to FL where orange and green are the most used colors

I feel those colours would better suit a Florida team than one in Ottawa. Also having black as a dominant colour allowed the edition of red and white (Canadian colours seeing as the club is in the capital), without looking like the Habs at all. Though black with green and orange could potentially work in a design, they would in no way work a club in Ottawa named the Senators.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived